Where did you buy your seeds cannabis seeds? Indo or outdoor ? standard or autoflowering ?

Thank you !

and if I wanted to try a second plantation outdoor, I guess that I should get some Thai seeds ? do you know any more reliable ?

or would you try some indoor seeds to grow outdoor ? or no chance at all ?

(by outdoor I mean a green house with sliding roof to get plenty of sun, but no rain)

Thanks again, you are the greatest !

1 hour ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Thank you !

and if I wanted to try a second plantation outdoor, I guess that I should get some Thai seeds ? do you know any more reliable ?

or would you try some indoor seeds to grow outdoor ? or no chance at all ?

(by outdoor I mean a green house with sliding roof to get plenty of sun, but no rain)

Thanks again, you are the greatest !

I bought a few Thai seeds on Shopee, just to play with.

Wiang Ping, OG Kush, Red Cocoa.

Don't know if they're feminised ..... Red Cocoa didn't germinate.

Might put the two that germinated outside (or their clones).

But the Attitude seeds are reliable, so they'll be the main crop.

As for outside, I did try a few last year, but they were eaten by slugs, thrips and leaf miners.

The tropics have much higher concentrations of pests than temperate zones like California.

I guess outside on a high balcony would be easier than at ground level in a garden. 

MaeJo University near me grow thousands outside without many problems.

University open day last year ............

IMG_20210220_115228.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2022 at 6:48 PM, KannikaP said:

I ordered some Thai Stick seeds from UK, not knowing that two days later what happened in Thailand happened. Got them here OK. Waiting for germination. 40 quid for 5, plus some freebies

Did know they say Thai stick is regular to better weed but has opium on it?

10 hours ago, portlandtree said:

Did know they say Thai stick is regular to better weed but has opium on it?

IU don't think that Thai Stick style cannabis seeds will produce any opium. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 6:48 PM, KannikaP said:

I ordered some Thai Stick seeds from UK, not knowing that two days later what happened in Thailand happened. Got them here OK. Waiting for germination. 40 quid for 5, plus some freebies

No such thing as Thai stick seeds. It was just premium weed buds wrapped around a bamboo stick. Sometimes they would mix in opium or mix in some hash chunks

• Like 2

On 6/29/2022 at 2:44 PM, BritManToo said:

I bought a few Thai seeds on Shopee, just to play with.

Wiang Ping, OG Kush, Red Cocoa.

Don't know if they're feminised ..... Red Cocoa didn't germinate.

Might put the two that germinated outside (or their clones).

But the Attitude seeds are reliable, so they'll be the main crop.

As for outside, I did try a few last year, but they were eaten by slugs, thrips and leaf miners.

The tropics have much higher concentrations of pests than temperate zones like California.

I guess outside on a high balcony would be easier than at ground level in a garden. 

MaeJo University near me grow thousands outside without many problems.

University open day last year ............

IMG_20210220_115228.jpg

did someone try to handle pests by neem oil and potassium soap and fungal deseas by potassium bicarbonate? I would recommend to choose a no leafy strain and small buds strain but I guess that in Thailand we will need also to use a net to prevent pests

Are you growing indoors or outside? If a greenhouse, do you have supplemental light?

How many plants per cycle? Photos or autoflowers? I assume you want feminized seeds.

If you're going to take the time to grow something I wouldn't try to save money on seeds. I'd over-spend on seeds, if anything.

Maybe decide on 3 ~ 5 strains, then look for at least three different genetics for those strains. Then see what you can buy easily. Then run 1 each at first, or 2 or 3 X if you want.

I'd purchase seeds from a Thai supplier/importer; there are ~ ten-ish recognized suppliers. Yes, you'll pay more - shudder - but they handle all the payment and logistics.

https://www.facebook.com/STONERthaiseed

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1370331533389375

There are more; but these are all I could dig up in a few minutes.

There are Thai-centric private groups on FB; I've been out of the seed game for many months, but will post local sources here when they pop up.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Thanks 1

Any recommended seeds ( besides the Thai strains) for outdoor growing in southern Thailand?  Before jumping in on the indoor train, I'd like to see about outdoors.  I have a garden growing vegetables without too many pests, so I'd like to give outdoors a try.  Any links would be helpful to any outdoor seeds you've seen.

I bought 5 'Blue dream' seeds from Healthy Choice Farm on Line shopping. 20 baht each and next day delivery. 3 sprouted but one doesn't appear to have any leaves. Another has already been attacked by some sort of bug and the head has fallen off. I kept them inside in the kitchen next to a screen door.

This will be an outdoor grow but I'm not too hopeful. I will grow them/it in the same spot as my tomato plants which have grown to about 4 feet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marcous said:

I bought 5 'Blue dream' seeds from Healthy Choice Farm on Line shopping. 20 baht each and next day delivery. 3 sprouted but one doesn't appear to have any leaves. Another has already been attacked by some sort of bug and the head has fallen off. I kept them inside in the kitchen next to a screen door.

This will be an outdoor grow but I'm not too hopeful. I will grow them/it in the same spot as my tomato plants which have grown to about 4 feet.

Blue dream were 10 for 199bht with 3 other varieties includer (40 seeds in total).

From the facebook page I listed earlier. 

seeds.jpg

Edited by BritManToo

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The last Thai seeds I purchased off Shopee, only one germinated and that was a male.

Hoping for better luck with these.

I'm having the same problem.  Bought 50 seeds and only 4 germinated.  And growing very slowly.  My luck is they'll all be male. 

• Sad 1

On 7/17/2022 at 5:19 PM, BritManToo said:

From my local Sunday market ....... 3 for 100bht.

IMG_20220717_171418.jpg

Has anyone else seen plants like this for sale. If so - where. My ability to grow a plant from seed isn't very good.  Especially at the price of cannabis seeds.  Vegetable seeds?  No problem as they are cheap and I have a lot of my own heirloom seeds for previous crops of veggies.  Anyway, I'm headed to Chiang Mai for a day of chores and if I could come back to Lamphun with a few cannabis seedlings it would make my day.

Anyway, here I am.  50 seeds and four germinated.  Two in the middle seem to be growing fairly well and two are stunted and I doubt will make it.

So personally?   I'd like to find a few seedlings like BritmanToo posted instead of buying a lot of expensive seeds which don't germinate (and I'm willing to blame my own ignorance on that)  The Veggie I grow don't seem to be as finicky as cannabis.  It would be nice to buy a few feminized seedlings. 

Seedlings.thumb.jpg.b6f6cdebe6421ec14f6fcb510506fadb.jpg

Seedlings work.  Here are a couple of Kratom seedlings I bought a couple of days after it was legalized.  It was easy to find though as people were selling on the road side.
I haven't seen 'gancha' cannabis seedlings being sold anywhere no less along the road.  Easy to find Kratom in my area though.
1st seedling was a small plant; second one below was from a graft.
IMG20220719142052.thumb.jpg.030326d840783460746c51e4e6979038.jpgIMG20220719142110.thumb.jpg.7e220b5a4006789744296a690ddb1bee.jpg

1 minute ago, connda said:

Has anyone else seen plants like this for sale. If so - where. My ability to grow a plant from seed isn't very good.  Especially at the price of cannabis seeds.  Vegetable seeds?  No problem as they are cheap and I have a lot of my own heirloom seeds for previous crops of veggies.  Anyway, I'm headed to Chiang Mai for a day of chores and if I could come back to Lamphun with a few cannabis seedlings it would make my day.

Anyway, here I am.  50 seeds and four germinated.  Two in the middle seem to be growing fairly well and two are stunted and I doubt will make it.

So personally?   I'd like to find a few seedlings like BritmanToo posted instead of buying a lot of expensive seeds which don't germinate (and I'm willing to blame my own ignorance on that)  The Veggie I grow don't seem to be as finicky as cannabis.  It would be nice to buy a few feminized seedlings. 

Seedlings.thumb.jpg.b6f6cdebe6421ec14f6fcb510506fadb.jpg

Seedlings work.  Here are a couple of Kratom seedlings I bought a couple of days after it was legalized.  It was easy to find though as people were selling on the road side.
I haven't seen 'gancha' cannabis seedlings being sold anywhere no less along the road.  Easy to find Kratom in my area though.
1st seedling was a small plant; second one below was from a graft.
IMG20220719142052.thumb.jpg.030326d840783460746c51e4e6979038.jpgIMG20220719142110.thumb.jpg.7e220b5a4006789744296a690ddb1bee.jpg

Garden centers and plant shops sell the plants,at least around where i live.

If you have a few plants going there is no need to buy more,cut and plant.(clone)

Very easy to do,the main problem is to find the sweet spot in your garden to place them.Too much sun and they will burn,not enough the grow slowly.

Plant them in very big pots and that way they are easy to move around.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jvs said:

Garden centers and plant shops sell the plants,at least around where i live.

If you have a few plants going there is no need to buy more,cut and plant.(clone)

Very easy to do,the main problem is to find the sweet spot in your garden to place them.Too much sun and they will burn,not enough the grow slowly.

Plant them in very big pots and that way they are easy to move around.

Where do you live?  If in CM, perhaps the garden centers in back of Tesco may have them?  Or where else.  If you don't live in CM.  Well, thanks for the info.

As far as getting a few plants going - this is where I'm at.  However, I just checked my germination jar.  I've got some successes.  4 seeds out of the last 12 I attempted to germinate have popped open and have a root.  This is how I germinate broccoli seeds.  Works well for broccoli.  My success with the lot of cannabis seeds I bought off of Shopee are 1 out of 4 germinating. 
I'll need to get couple more planters. 

IMG20220719151302.thumb.jpg.105f6524c864b04a602baf1761b5a7e8.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, connda said:

Where do you live?  If in CM, perhaps the garden centers in back of Tesco may have them?  Or where else.  If you don't live in CM.  Well, thanks for the info.

As far as getting a few plants going - this is where I'm at.  However, I just checked my germination jar.  I've got some successes.  4 seeds out of the last 12 I attempted to germinate have popped open and have a root.  This is how I germinate broccoli seeds.  Works well for broccoli.  My success with the lot of cannabis seeds I bought off of Shopee are 1 out of 4 germinating. 
I'll need to get couple more planters. 

IMG20220719151302.thumb.jpg.105f6524c864b04a602baf1761b5a7e8.jpg

I do not live near There at all but i have been to some of the gardens centers

there a few times.I would think they will have them over there.

1 hour ago, connda said:

I haven't seen 'gancha' cannabis seedlings being sold anywhere no less along the road. 

They're everywhere, all the local markets, they even have trays of them for sale next to my local 7-11.

The Shopee seeds weren't much good, I've had 3 germinate out of 6.

And one of those is male.

IMG_20220718_124421.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1