Cannabis-infused food and drink products are not for everyone

webfact

1 hour ago, Bert got kinky said:

Great idea, though as Cannabis is now legal, you would have to have something in your contract that bars you from ingesting Cannabis, otherwise it wouldn't matter.

Just because Cannabis is now decriminalized it doesn't mean that people will turn up to work stoned and those that do would have more than likely turned up with a few drinks in their belly if Cannibis were not available.

The world is not going to end, life is going on as normal, aside from a few "Reefer Madness' style works of fiction doing the rounds.

Please, as I took the time to answer your question, please advise me on your thoughts on how come people are able to go to work sober and function without random alcohol tests?

Lots of companies have 'substance abuse' clauses in their contracts now.

With alcohol the usual is a breathalyser test based on the national drink/driving limit.

Last project I worked on in Thailand if anyone tested over the alcohol limit on the first time they could have a day off and no more was said. 

If drug tested positive it was usually go home and don't come back.

Re your question lots of people go work sober and depending on compsny policy maybe still get alcohol tested.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Any kind of Maritime Co does drug testing. My Co did random testing monthly, and of course if you were involved in an accident you were drug tested. All regardless of your job.

Be prepared to be called a bullsh----r on this ???? if the callers can put their joints down for a minute. ????????????

• Haha 1

Just a bit else for US based Maritime, you can't legally cross gangway with more than .04 alcohol. reasoning is you're on duty 24 hrs/day. I was only on one ship that the Mate was ordered by Captain to be on the lookout for guys stumbling up the gangway.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Becoming quite common now for companies to test for what is termed substance/alcohol abuse so it aint BS.

Different companies will have different reactions to positive test but that will probably be noted in the employment contract. Dome will sack outright and some may have 'help' services.

Screenshot_20220630-175751_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220630-181220_Chrome.jpg

I didn't mean what you wrote was bs. I meant that I think the whole idea of random testing for cannabis use is BS. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

I didn't mean what you wrote was bs. I meant that I think the whole idea of random testing for cannabis use is BS. 

In the USA many firms have changed from the tradition wee test to a test that only detects usage in the last 24hrs. They had to change because with the 6 week test they couldn't keep enough employees to keep their company operational.

Just imagine if they started using a breathalyser that detected alcohol consumption in the past 2 months! 

• Like 2

This is all a bit of a new novelty for Thai authorities and officialdom [including media], ain't it?

Almost innocent in nature - everything is fashionably ganja related. 

Most odd, that it's not really the stimulation [legal or not] of choice here.

Never was. 

Edited by zzaa09

32 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Why is it BS? when you are at work you are on company time. They pay you and have the right to know that you are fit to work during that time. If you don't like the way that the company operates, you can always quit working for them.

Of course at your interview for you next job will you tell the interviewer the truth as to why you left, or simply gloss over or lie?

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Why is it BS? when you are at work you are on company time. They pay you and have the right to know that you are fit to work during that time. If you don't like the way that the company operates, you can always quit working for them.

Of course at your interview for you next job will you tell the interviewer the truth as to why you left, or simply gloss over or lie?

If I am not stoned when I am at work I really dont see the problem 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, billd766 said:

In uk there is a data base on offshore workers that employers can access and if you've been dismissed because of 'substance abuse' you will  most likely not be offered another job in the industry.

The data base also holds your 'offshore training' records and other relevant data.

Offshore safety and firefighting training I think has to be renewed every five years.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

If I am not stoned when I am at work I really dont see the problem 

If you are consuming the legal stuff at point 2% then it's not really likely to be obvious in a test so there's no problem, but use the 20% and above stuff that is not legal then it's much more likely it will register on a test the following morning.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, proton said:

I never liked weed apart from Thai stick, resin from Morocco (zero zero), the Lebanon, Pakistan and Afghanistan were my favourites.

Ah! Those were the days. Haven't seen anything but Skunk in UK for at least 15 years. A good bang per buck ratio but definitely lacking refinement. 

12 hours ago, proton said:

Some of the worst experiences of my life followed eating items with cannabis in them, smoking no problem as you know when you have had enough.

correct - by the time the bad trip starts you know you still have 5 hours  of hell

20 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

Ah! Those were the days. Haven't seen anything but Skunk in UK for at least 15 years. A good bang per buck ratio but definitely lacking refinement. 

Skunk is just for the council  estate kids - it's a vile non creative hit that nails you down like smack. You can still get  decent comersh and solid- it's old  school

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The main purposes of the plant’s legalization are for health and medical reasons as well as economic benefits but not for recreational use.

Good luck with that one.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Food vendors and operators have capitalized on the relaxation in the law and come up with a range of new products featuring the weed. These range from noodles to pasta, brownies to cookies, and coffee to juices to serve the needs of consumers who are interested in experimenting with the happy edibles and users who don’t like to smoke pot but enjoy the sensation it gives.

Zero ?