Thai air force scrambles fighters after alleged incursion by Myanmar aircraft

snoop1130

9 hours ago, anchadian said:

Sickening:

PM Prayut said today that the incursion into Thai airspace of a Myanmar MiG-29 jet, which flew over Tak province yesterday, is not a big deal, noting that the Myanmar military has already offered an apology and that the two countries enjoy good relations.

https://twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/status/1542745788329369600

It was probably not an accident, but an attempt to hit the rebels broadside (where maybe they were not watching that area and had little time to shelter in place).

That means Thailand is participating in the war by allowing the incursion, and just announcing it as a mistake each time it happens.

I have a feeling Thailand views the rebels as just a problem that needs to go away and does not care how.

On 7/1/2022 at 6:10 AM, smedly said:

is Thailand now at war with Cambodia

this whole thing is stupid nonsense - Thailand has no clue who or what flys over their border

oh dear

You seem to have no clue where Myanmar is. 

19 hours ago, natway09 said:

Just to correct some of the comments on here as believe me, it is no joking matter if you live here as I do.

Dead bodies are being left by the river for the Thais to give a decent cremation.

Tha Government has taken in 400 + refugees yesterday & given access to medical care, many of whom are injured by Burmese Junta bombs delivered by Chinese supplied drones.

Ordinance we fired by same into Thailand yesterday.

I cannot confirm but told China had supplied two Helicopter gun ships to help the Burmese Junta in the fight.

Thai air force flew yesterday for many hours along the border & again today.

Went to Mae Sot today where a bomb went off, not 500 yards from the border.

Thai Army is on full alert & orders have been issued to protect Thai borders in the event any further incursions by the Burmese Junta forces.

Can update if anybody interested

Please do.

The aiding of the rebels may be indirect if the Thai army has to protect it's border.  Any military action by Thailand will definitely aid the rebels as it  weill have an effect on what the Burmese do with their military

On 7/1/2022 at 12:09 PM, TunnelRat69 said:

"Then one day he was shootin up some food, when up from the ground came a bubblin crude, Oil that is, Texas T"

I use to love watchin that show after school ....  hahaha

On 6/30/2022 at 7:13 PM, bendejo said:

Who gave/sold them Migs?  You'd have to be out of your mind to . . . oh wait, NK?

Unfortunately I stumbled across the answer to my question.

Military-technical cooperation between Myanmar and Russia has been long standing for twenty years already, since 2001, through which Russia supplied Myanmar with 30 MiG-29 aircraft [. . .]

Myanmar to Obtain Pantsir-S1 & Orlan-10E

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 1:22 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Wow, I bet Somchai wasn't happy, having to drop his egg noodles and run to the F-16. ????

Maybe he took a doggy bag. ????

Those Somchais are able to fly F-16s.

Are you intelligent enough to?

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 2:54 PM, radiochaser said:

Possibly shrapnel from HE / HEI 30mm rounds, not from direct hits from the HE rounds.  Explosive rounds can also cause secondary shrapnel effects from hitting ground, causing rocks to be the secondary shrapnel, or any other hard object that becomes a projectile, which are also lethal. 

Shrapnel, that leaves a perfectly round hole in harded glass that has shatterd. Not has a lot of experience with shrapnel, but I would say it is alway irregular in shape.