Call to not make cannabis sales ’too obvious’

webfact

12 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

They really didn't think this through, did they? 

No, they forgot to put all the restrictions in the law they now want. Too late Cats out if the bag.....going to be left up to municipalities me thinks.

• Like 1

If they really didn't want recreational use they would have waited for this new law before legalising.  But Anutin wanted to be sure the legalisation got done before the government collapses.  The guy on the committee is from his party and it seeme pretty obvious that recreational use is exactly what they do what as they have vested interests.  Newin's daughter interviewed by the Beeb on her plantation admitted that recreational use is where the big money is and said she hoped Thai society will not have a closed mind towards this.  

I am not sure how the new law is supposed to prohibit sales for recreational use.  Of course they will ban rolled joints and they may ban any reference to getting high etc etc and only allow references to alleviating back pain and insomnia.  But the summary of the first reading of the bill posted by parliament only referred to licensing and banning sales to minors and pregnant and lactationg women.  Are they going to demand prescriptions and registration by users?  I doubt it because that goes against their own vested interests.  

One big unknown is what will happen if a Thaksin nominee becomes PM.  He would obviously want to recriminalise but his party would need to be able to form a government without Anutin and BJP to do that, as well as get their nominee elected by the Senate - a tall order.

Haha, maybe should start with he government not making cannabis front page news daily.

This is exactly what they want.

28 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

que? do you have a point to make?

just pointing out the hypocrisy of thais--who always say the above to me..(being my point)

Have I upset you?  Do u need to agree with every single reply here?  

Am i kicked off the interwebs? Please note my "signature" and take a deep breath...relax

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Sticky Rice Balls said:

just pointing out the hypocrisy of thais--who always say the above to me..(being my point)

Have I upset you?  Do u need to agree with every single reply here?  

Am i kicked off the interwebs? Please note my "signature" and take a deep breath...relax

There isn't even an obvious joke. It's just a gratuitous Thai bashing comment.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 12:06 AM, ozimoron said:

There isn't even an obvious joke. It's just a gratuitous Thai bashing comment.

Which Wat would you prefer i go to and make merit????

And im bashing thais for simply commenting on things they say to me????...ok 

Maybe email the moderators for a job since you seem to want to police the forums here...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

just spotted another weed shop next to Giant GH on soi 6 Moon muang old city

and the one down by night bazaar--tp rd...chinatown side.  thai brit dude named "Soap"!  lol

smoke em if u got em lads....pass the dutchie pon da left hand side!

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

just spotted another weed shop next to Giant GH on soi 6 Moon muang old city

and the one down by night bazaar--tp rd...chinatown side.  thai brit dude named "Soap"!  lol

smoke em if u got em lads....pass the dutchie pon da left hand side!

A Dutchie is a Jamaican cooking pot. Musical Youth were singing about passing  the food around at mealtime. I thought it meant a joint too, for years.