Australia's QUARANTINE SERVICE FEE INVOICE

Yesterday i got an email from NSW revenue office demanding 3,000 AUD for a 14 days quarantine stay in NSW 3 star hotel February last year 

naturally i got a shock because at no time i was told, warned or advised that such payment will be charged to me a year and a half later,

to which i have written a very strong email protesting the charge and the fact that a. i was never told that it will cost money b. i'm not in a position to pay such charge as i live very frugally in Thailand with no property or pension and asked for the charge to be waived... So will see now..

50 minutes ago, ezzra said:

b. i'm not in a position to pay such charge as i live very frugally in Thailand with no property or pension

Might be the reason they charge you now, they found out you are neither a resident nor a taxpayer. But what they charge you isn't exorbitant, very similar to what the Thais charged. 

If you don't pay it won't be a problem until you come back again, but it is highly likely that catch you right at the border, AU immigration is very effective, their computerisation effort started in the early eighties. (My ex worked on that project ????)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Might be the reason they charge you now, they found out you are neither a resident nor a taxpayer. But what they charge you isn't exorbitant, very similar to what the Thais charged. 

If you don't pay it won't be a problem until you come back again, but it is highly likely that catch you right at the border, AU immigration is very effective, their computerisation effort started in the early eighties. (My ex worked on that project ????)

I will have to be legally satisfied that they can charge you even though i wan't  told, notified or had a chance to choose a hotel or postpone/cancel said flight nor i was made to sign on anything acknowledging the fees, worse come to worse i will pay as much as i can and that going to be very little...

56 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I will have to be legally satisfied that they can charge you even though i wan't  told, notified or had a chance to choose a hotel or postpone/cancel said flight nor i was made to sign on anything acknowledging the fees, worse come to worse i will pay as much as i can and that going to be very little...

I understand your predicament, even though my reply was a  bit "dry". Pandemic somehow goes with brutality, and we haven't seen the end of it yet.

These charges were there for ages, I'm surprised they haven't charged you even before you went to Australia.

I went back to Thailand January 2021 and paid 14 days quarantine, I remember comparing Australia and Thailand and the Thai quarantine was way cheaper.