are people selling rooted clones ?

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

250-500bht (size dependent) for a rooted female 'big name' clone in Chiang Mai (Market stalls) . Maejo University was selling female unbranded Thai variety rooted clones for 30bht each last month by the side of the road. 

thank you britmantoo . that's a fair enough price . if anyone knows where i could get some in the hua hin area for my thai gf i would be grateful . 

she would only want a "big name" , cheese , kush , gorilla etc

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, brendan3150 said:

that's still quite a lot imo 

Depends how much good quality bud you could get out of it.

From what I have seen all the Thai strains sold at these markets are tall, gangly and unhealthy looking, unlikely to be massive yielders. Probably because they have been grown outside without proper care and nutes.

• 3 months later...
On 7/1/2022 at 5:30 PM, brendan3150 said:

thank you britmantoo . that's a fair enough price . if anyone knows where i could get some in the hua hin area for my thai gf i would be grateful . 

I guess your g/f always wants the latest iPhone too - just joking. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 5:30 PM, brendan3150 said:

I have some clones in Hua Hin 

309103272_1457873351391930_6584385057539777476_n.thumb.jpg.99416462d67d3788e42d393abd667386.jpg309447242_1575369222866227_5903538155517563598_n.thumb.jpg.5d18c713ec71fe954ee3d901b03e2641.jpg309447242_1575369222866227_5903538155517563598_n.thumb.jpg.5d18c713ec71fe954ee3d901b03e2641.jpgBlack sugar 
 Special Kush 
 Bruce Banners 
Blue Dream 
BooBerry  cookies RBX, 30 cm outdoor with light! PM me if interested

[email protected]

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I buy weed from professional growers who grow legal cannabis.

But I can understand the allure of home grown just for the pride of growing pretty good weed yourself.

Anyone can grow weed, but it's extremely difficult to grow what we call "top shelf" *consistently*

Amateurs can get lucky and grow the occasional exceptional high yield, high potency, high flavor plant, but to do that consistently over and over for different strains?

Few and far between. 😁

From what I hear on the You Tube, professional growers *never* accept clones from outside sources.

And they all have stories of what happens when they failed to follow that rule.

Clones with diseases or infestation such as "spider mites" can destroy an entire crop and force you to throw all grow media away and bleach down the entire grow room floors,walls, ceiling and ventilation vents.  Lots of trouble.

That being said if you personally visit someone's grow and can verify that the mothers are healthy and disease free, go ahead and take all the clones you want.

Of course if you're growing outside on your patio, for example go ahead and buy those clones from unknown sources, who cares.  Be sure to harden them off in the shade for a few days, that sun is killer here. 🌞

Edited by SiSePuede419

On 4/24/2024 at 9:45 AM, SiSePuede419 said:

I buy weed from professional growers who grow legal cannabis.

But I can understand the allure of home grown just for the pride of growing pretty good weed yourself.

Anyone can grow weed, but it's extremely difficult to grow what we call "top shelf" *consistently*

Amateurs can get lucky and grow the occasional exceptional high yield, high potency, high flavor plant, but to do that consistently over and over for different strains?

Few and far between. 😁

From what I hear on the You Tube, professional growers *never* accept clones from outside sources.

And they all have stories of what happens when they failed to follow that rule.

Clones with diseases or infestation such as "spider mites" can destroy an entire crop and force you to throw all grow media away and bleach down the entire grow room floors,walls, ceiling and ventilation vents.  Lots of trouble.

That being said if you personally visit someone's grow and can verify that the mothers are healthy and disease free, go ahead and take all the clones you want.

Of course if you're growing outside on your patio, for example go ahead and buy those clones from unknown sources, who cares.  Be sure to harden them off in the shade for a few days, that sun is killer here. 🌞

Yeah, what you hear on YouTube is wrong 🙂 While it's true that caution is necessary when sourcing clones, it's not as black and white as never accepting them from outside sources. In fact, reputable clone companies like the one I run in Thailand supply thousands of clones each month to growers for various reasons—whether it's to kickstart their operations, replace previously bad genetics, or avoid scams from other companies .

We even offer original US clones from renowned breeders like Seed Junky's its the only original "Wedding Cake" cut available in the world for a premium price, showcasing the value and exclusivity of certain strains. Some strains are only available as clones, and each phenotype is unique—making them highly sought after and irreplaceable. 20 years ago people paid up to 20.000$ per clone for the first strains that turn purple. 

Breeding and clone exchanges are common practices among professional growers and breeders globally. For instance, recent collaborations like the Greenhouse Amsterdam strain SLH X RS11
featuring an RS11 clone from DeoFarm, selected by Doja and Wizard Tr ees, highlights how clones are integral to developing new and exciting genetics.

And about the pests like spider mites—well, that's part of the game. If you skip proper quarantine and integrated pest management (IPM) practices, you're inviting trouble regardless of where your clones come from. It's all about responsible handling and care, no matter the source.

image.png

• Haha 1

You know, after two years of running my clone business and visiting farms, I've noticed something cool: a lot of small home/craft growers here in Thailand are growing cannabis that's on par, if not better, than what's coming out of big operations with 100 to 300 lights. It's all about their passion and hands-on approach, which gives them the edge in quality and unique strains you won't find commercially.

What's even more interesting is their setup. These small craft growers are using top-notch tools like US fertilizers such as Athena, substrate sensors for precise monitoring, and the latest LED lighting technology. They're really going all out for quality, unlike some larger farms that cut corners to save costs. 

Thai home-grown:
image.png.a242c824317ce6b9890f2a5dcb512321.png

On 4/25/2024 at 11:25 PM, skuebs said:

Yeah, what you hear on YouTube is wrong

Actually, no it's not.

I've been listening to the Breeders in Northern California who produced the strains you're selling in clone form.

Like DEO for example.  He didn't start with clones to get RS-11.  He bought $6000 worth of 3rd gen OZ Kush seeds at a local cannabis cup in NoCal and grew out 120 male and female seeds.  Then he found a pheno that smells like Pink Guava (#40) and he "selfed" it with 3 males from the same batch.

Then he grew out 100 seeds from that and selected a couple males and crossed that with Sunset Sherbet.

Then he selected pheno #16 and Back crossed that back to the original Pink Guava pheno.  That's RS-11.

Yes, DEO may have given out clones, but he certainly didn't work with clones from others. Nope.  Wrong.

Here's why seeds are superior: No isolation for seeds needed!

Also seeds grow bigger plants than clones.

Clones are a nice shortcut and yes many people have used clones to come up with new strains.

But many breeders start out with seeds and then later take their own clones for production.

My interest, as I stated, is not "production" but breeding new strains not available in clone form.

Like I said, clones can import spider mites.  I've used clones before, they're ok, but FEM seeds can give better yield and vigor.  I'm just a hobbyist. I'm not watching videos from production managers at multimillion dollar grow facilities.  Commercial crops have different values than hobby craft growers who are doing it for the love of the plant, not to make money. Cheers.

Edited by SiSePuede419

8 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Actually, no it's not.

I've been listening to the Breeders in Northern California who produced the strains you're selling in clone form.

Like DEO for example.  He didn't start with clones to get RS-11.  He bought $6000 worth of 3rd gen OZ Kush seeds at a local cannabis cup in NoCal and grew out 120 male and female seeds.  Then he found a pheno that smells like Pink Guava (#40) and he "selfed" it with 3 males from the same batch.

Then he grew out 100 seeds from that and selected a couple males and crossed that with Sunset Sherbet.

Then he selected pheno #16 and Back crossed that back to the original Pink Guava pheno.  That's RS-11.

Yes, DEO may have given out clones, but he certainly didn't work with clones from others. Nope.  Wrong.

Here's why seeds are superior: No isolation for seeds needed!

Also seeds grow bigger plants than clones.

Clones are a nice shortcut and yes many people have used clones to come up with new strains.

But many breeders start out with seeds and then later take their own clones for production.

My interest, as I stated, is not "production" but breeding new strains not available in clone form.

Like I said, clones can import spider mites.  I've used clones before, they're ok, but FEM seeds can give better yield and vigor.  I'm just a hobbyist. I'm not watching videos from production managers at multimillion dollar grow facilities.  Commercial crops have different values than hobby craft growers who are doing it for the love of the plant, not to make money. Cheers.

Pheno #21 was Zoap.  Smells like Zittles and Dishwashing Soap.

Yes I know pheno hunting through hundreds of plants is time consuming and expensive in order to "get something different".  Also risky if you're commercial grower.  That's why everyone is doing Kush and Cookies family crosses.  But remember if the lore is correct both of those strains came from bag seed and became clones quickly.  No one can recreate the original because the parents are unknown. Both of these genotypes are highly inbred.  You get more of the same, often with a more bland terp profile and a more narcotic buzz when inbred further.  It's a genetic dead end.

That being said I plan to work with both inbred families in the future (Sunset Sherbet and Chem 91) to make crosses to Thai stick, which is notoriously Hermie. Experimental only, just for my own amusement.  Might be a total failure if my males are duds.  Happens sometimes --breeders have to throw away a whole generation.  It's like trying to tell how big the daughters breasts will be by looking at the father.  Impossible. 👍

Edited by SiSePuede419