Best cutting compound polish

If you were to say what you think your paint problem is/what you want to do … then it would be easier to advise.

And I do believe T-cut have more than one product.

1 hour ago, JAS21 said:

If you were to say what you think your paint problem is/what you want to do … then it would be easier to advise.

And I do believe T-cut have more than one product.

the clear is beginning to fail & the inevitable "whitening" has begun 

Unless it’s a respray it shouldn’t have happened. Do I remember that it’s a pickup from about 2012.

TBH I would take it to a detailer eg like BlocC and see if it can be saved. Cost maybe 1500-2000Baht.

On 7/2/2022 at 1:53 PM, JAS21 said:

Unless it’s a respray it shouldn’t have happened. Do I remember that it’s a pickup from about 2012.

TBH I would take it to a detailer eg like BlocC and see if it can be saved. Cost maybe 1500-2000Baht.

Unfortunately not one of those here in Phuket

16 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

T Cut is old style.

There is a more advanced two in one product called Silicone Wax Rubbing Compound, as used by car body shops.

Found in shops that supply automotive paints. Works wonders, cuts n polishes in one go.

any brand you can recommend?

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, eezergood said:

car.jpg

O … that does not look good. So what vehicle, how old and is it a respray. I very much doubt that you will make much improvement without an orbital polisher and even then……is most of the car like that.

The guy up the road has an old Merc. Had it resprayed a few years ago. It looked good… now all still looks good except the boot lid which looks a lot like your roof. I tried a little polishing compound on it by hand … no improvement at all ….

I know that he didn’t put a wax or anything to protect the surface very often, if ever… could be where he parks the car that the boot lid catches the sun a lot…

7 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I would wet rub that with 1500 then using a buffing machine polish it with 3M Finesse.

Wet sanding requires quite a level of skill, especially if you don’t know how thick the clear coat is. You have the area to practice on though … let us know how you get on … can always respray .. ????

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Wet sanding requires quite a level of skill, especially if you don’t know how thick the clear coat is. You have the area to practice on though … let us know how you get on … can always respray .. ????

wet sanding that aint gunna make it worse !!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

wet sanding that aint gunna make it worse !!

Exactly….well not unless he goes through the clear coat…thinking about it though… even if he does you are still right ..lol

18 hours ago, JAS21 said:

O … that does not look good. So what vehicle, how old and is it a respray. I very much doubt that you will make much improvement without an orbital polisher and even then……is most of the car like that.

The guy up the road has an old Merc. Had it resprayed a few years ago. It looked good… now all still looks good except the boot lid which looks a lot like your roof. I tried a little polishing compound on it by hand … no improvement at all ….

I know that he didn’t put a wax or anything to protect the surface very often, if ever… could be where he parks the car that the boot lid catches the sun a lot…

The car is a Fiesta & about 10% of the total car is like this and it is 9 yrs old - certainly no point to re-spray as the cost would be pointless in such an old vehicle. 

Will try come cutting compound & see how we go 

6 hours ago, eezergood said:

The car is a Fiesta & about 10% of the total car is like this and it is 9 yrs old - certainly no point to re-spray as the cost would be pointless in such an old vehicle. 

Will try come cutting compound & see how we go 

I assume roof and bonnet ...... get them vinyl wrapped.

• Like 1