Changing stamps to new passport.

Copies of both passport photo pages.

Copies of at least your most recent extension of stay stamp and most recent arrival stamp in the old passport. Some offices will want a copy ever page that has a visa or a stamp for Thailand on it.

• Like 1

When I got my new UK passport from 'Trendy' , I was given a letter asking my local I/O to transfer all relevant visa stamps to new passport.  Took letter and P/p to I/O and all stamps transferred without cost, or IIRC any copies needed..  Easiest part of the whole 'new passport' process.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Copies of at least your most recent extension of stay stamp and most recent arrival stamp in the old passport. Some offices will want a copy ever page that has a visa or a stamp for Thailand on it.

14 hours ago, Vatman said:

Ubonjoe, thank you. I knew it wouldn't be just a case of handing in the two passports, that would be too easy. It's 10 years since I last did this & I couldn't remember the procedure.

May I ask what kind of Extension you have as I have been told by my IO that when I get my new Passport my Marriage extension stamp is not simply transferred any more, but I must go through the application process all over again : (

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

May I ask what kind of Extension you have as I have been told by my IO that when I get my new Passport my Marriage extension stamp is not simply transferred any more, but I must go through the application process all over again : (

That is completely false info. Immigration has no rule stating that.

People get their stamps transferred all the time and their extensions are transferred the same way it has been done for many years.

Only if your extension is due renewal would that statement be correct.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

That is completely false info. Immigration has no rule stating that.

People get their stamps transferred all the time and their extensions are transferred the same way it has been done for many years.

Only if your extension is due renewal would that statement be correct.

But it was You that told me it changed in 2013 ?????

8 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

But it was You that told me it changed in 2013 ?????

That was for the date your passport expires. If not valid for 12 months when you apply for a extension it will only be issued to the day your passport expires.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The immigration office I use also wanted the letter coming together with the new passport, has that changed..?

1 minute ago, khunPer said:

The immigration office I use also wanted the letter coming together with the new passport, has that changed..?

Some embassies provide letter and that's required.

Some eg Oz do not provide letter.

18 hours ago, Vatman said:

Ubonjoe, thank you. I knew it wouldn't be just a case of handing in the two passports, that would be too easy. It's 10 years since I last did this & I couldn't remember the procedure.

My local IO office transferred everything without any copies required, just the letter I got with my new passport asking IO to transfer details.

I think it depends which office you attend.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Some embassies provide letter and that's required.

Some eg Oz do not provide letter.

Dr Jack,

I have to get a new passport from Oz Embassy next year.

(Old one expires Mid December 2023)

So if they do not issue any "letter" I assume I just have to request the IO (Pathum Thani Immigration) to transfer over the extension stamp or simply wait until old passport expires (which will be the same date as new extension will be in 2023, given that Immigration will only give new extension up until expiry date of old pp).

Normally extensions are March to March. 

Any thoughts?

7 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

So if they do not issue any "letter" I assume I just have to request the IO (Pathum Thani Immigration) to transfer over the extension stamp

Just obtain the new passport. Be aware that waiting time for Oz pp has increased.....

Explain to immigration office that your embassy does not provide "letter" ..

No sure but think Oz place stamp in pp that requests/allows immigration to transfer stamps and any relevant visa information.

Immigration also has their own "form"

• Thanks 1

I am expecting an new UK Passport any day soon. It is possible that it will not have a letter asking for a transfer of stamps. Chiang mai Immigration supply an application form which is to be filled in by the applicant. Will this be enough, or, will I need to get a special letter from UK Embassy in Bangkok. How do I get that letter?

I did this few months ago in CNX...go new PP shipped up from BKK office

went to CM immig and they wanted a copy of EVERY page for old PP!!!!  grrrrrr...

went to shop out back and did so.....they then transferred stamp from old to new PP

apart from the stupid copies of old PP was a simple process--also had letter from BKK office

Maybole - I am just awaiting my new UK passport.  If you go on the UK Embassy Bangkok website and look under 'Consular Services' you can request the stamp transfer letter.  It is sent by snail mail to you at no cost.  You have to fill in the details yourself.  I already have the letter even though still awaiting passport.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Maybole said:

I am expecting an new UK Passport any day soon. It is possible that it will not have a letter asking for a transfer of stamps. Chiang mai Immigration supply an application form which is to be filled in by the applicant. Will this be enough, or, will I need to get a special letter from UK Embassy in Bangkok. How do I get that letter?

The letter will be given to you by the VFS staff when you collect the new passport.