Endemic Roadmap Adjusted as Authorities Assess Situation

webfact

image.jpeg

by Natthaphon Sangpolsit

BANGKOK (NNT) - Health authorities have postponed their evaluation of the COVID-19 situation and the BA.4 and BA.5 Omicron sub-variants in pursuit of greater clarity on the issue. The Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) will instead make its assessment on Friday (8 July).

National Security Council Secretary-General Gen Supoj Malaniyom said moving the CCSA discussion on the endemic transition plan scheduled for last Friday (1 July) was necessitated by the recent easing of disease control measures, which in turn required adjustments and clarification on the transition.

The health ministry is now making the necessary adjustments and will be presenting the plan to the CCSA meeting for acknowledgment and endorsement.

Gen Supoj noted that relevant medical personnel are still performing analyses and making their determinations, but assured that authorities were prepared to manage the situation. He added, however, that members of the public are encouraged to continue following disease prevention guidelines.

Deputy Public Health Minister Dr Sathit Pitutecha meanwhile said the transition to the post-pandemic phase does not mean everyone should remove their face masks.

He nevertheless indicated that new infections are not expected to result in a rise in severe cases or fatalities, adding that the current number of available hospital beds is expected to be adequate.

Dr Sathit also encouraged people, especially members of vulnerable groups, to get their COVID booster vaccines as soon as possible.

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-07-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alyx said:

i am lost..

So am I, I must confess.

If I've had the two main vaccine shots, and subsequently had Boosters 3 and 4, does that mean that anyone without those two Boosters is, in effect, UNvaccinated, cos their (so-called) immunity has, quite simply, after a lapse of more than 12 months, just disappeared.......???

I sincerely look forward to being corrected as to the possibly incorrect assumptions in the above remarks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alyx said:

i am lost..

This virus is never ending and we must roll with the punches. It looks like Masks on in more and more countries and Thailand is no different, so roll with the punches if and when you have to.

they have rushed with unmasking on public transport.

Others countries, like germany, keep it all the time.

There is large chance masking will come back to europe sometimes this month. There won't lock down, but some other measures.

New european wave is caused by summer international travel. 

The next one would be winter one.

Looks, like 2-3 waves per year are likely in europe. Not sure about thailand, which is more isolated from the world, than europe without internal borders and large, mobile population

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Health authorities have postponed their evaluation of the COVID-19 situation and the BA.4 and BA.5 Omicron sub-variants in pursuit of greater clarity on the issue. The Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) will instead make its assessment on Friday (8 July).

The "wait-n-see" method, always works.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

This is correct, but not an issue as boosters remain effective. Best is to get one every 4 months. I'll have my 5th shot end on this month.

My province has just announced their plan for booster #4 for this month 3 days total on site...

I'll likely get my 5th around Xmas

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

My province has just announced their plan for booster #4 for this month 3 days total on site...

I'll likely get my 5th around Xmas

Fine, my intervals were a bit shortened, more like 3 months. Mostly because I chose to get the shots whenever there was an opportunity.

• Like 1

Does the virus know what we call it? Will it change its behaviour once we start calling it endemic?

You know, like it knows the time and when to come out or hide and it knows when we're eating etc.

Or is it like an oak tree that doesn't think at all, and even if it could think it wouldn't understand its new name or care to change its behaviour just for us?

What is it was a trans-virus, where it decided what it wanted to be called all of a sudden? What would we do then?

6 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

This is correct, but not an issue as boosters remain effective. Best is to get one every 4 months. I'll have my 5th shot end on this month.

You shouldn't be getting more than one booster per year.

5 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

You should get a booster every time a new strain emerges and your immunity is likely to be too low to prevent acute COVID.

• Haha 2

And getting a booster when protection drops low between 4 and 6 months. So imv a booster around every 6 months. Hence 2 a year is prudent worked around any new variant issues.

Btw, vaccines don't stop you catching Covid. Their real worth is effective at reducing hospitalization and death plus reduction in long covid risk. That's kinda worth it!!!

Edited by twix38

5 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

You should get a booster every time a new strain emerges and your immunity is likely to be too low to prevent acute COVID.

You should just get a water cooler and have them deliver you 20 liter bottles of vaccine to your house. You can make coffee and boil pasta with it. Or maybe a bathtub full? A pool?? Maybe Kool aid would be better for you.

• Haha 1

A post with a video from an unapproved source has been removed:

18. Social media content is acceptable in most forums. However in factual areas such as but not limited to news, current affairs and health topics, social media cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or a government agency, and must include a link to the original source. In some circumstances a moderator may relax this rule and this will be determined on a case by case basis. If this rule is relaxed a moderator will post a public notice explaining the limit and scope of the relaxation.

A post with a trolling image has been removed.

11 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

Wait for it....  Thailand may decide that one booster (jab #3) is not valid after 6 months so will start to ban all the europeans who do not have access to jab #4, #5, #6, #7 etc etc

20 hours ago, bangon04 said:

Wait for it....  Thailand may decide that one booster (jab #3) is not valid after 6 months so will start to ban all the europeans who do not have access to jab #4, #5, #6, #7 etc etc

I see your taking full advantage of the new marijuana laws.

Thai officials: you are again not following the Plan! ????

RTFM - Read the F.xxing Manual !

The planned duration was 3 years,

therefore you have now to stop and rebuild.

If you don’t know, where to find the plans, look it up in the internet:

- Event201 in October 2019 (John Hopkins University and BLM Foundation)

- Operation Lockstep in 2010 (Rockefeller Foundation)

????