Jump to content

SCB EZ Savings Account (E Passbook) for Non-O Extension Thai Wife......


Recommended Posts

Good afternoon, 

Would I be able to use my newly opened SCB EZ Savings account for my upcoming Non-O Extension Thai Wife (6th extension)?

Has anyone successfully used one of this Account (E Passbook)? 

In the past I used krungsri / ktb savings account that had a physical paper bankbook unlike this SCB.

 

Would Immigration @ Changwattana accept it? or is taking a risk?

Thank you 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lacrimas said:

My wife has one but I don't. How did you open it? Do you have a work permit?

No I don't. I used my pink ID and yellow book to open it. In coordination with the call center explaining the rules, that a work permit is NOT needed ,to the branch I was able to open it. (Bangkok area 30th June 2022)

I threated them that my wife wont open one if they don't successfully open one for me. 

Walked out with one account each , 1.5% interest rate and made sure that no withholding 15% tax to be taken out by filling out the correct paperwork.

 

I opened all of my accounts with Krungsri, KTB and now SCB using my pink ID and yellow book.

Before when i used to work, I opened all of my credit cards with Krungsri, KTB using my passport and work permit.

I am long time resident of Bangkok since 2006 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, walailak said:

I used my pink ID

Your lucky, I cannot even deposit money into the bank accounts of my children using my Pink ID card, I have to produce my passport or they will not accept the money.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Your lucky, I cannot even deposit money into the bank accounts of my children using my Pink ID card, I have to produce my passport or they will not accept the money.

I can do anything with the bank accounts online/at the branch using my  Pink ID card since it was used to open up the accounts. The number on the  Pink ID card wont change unlike my passport number thus no updating is needed. I was issued the yellow book and  Pink ID card long time ago it has definitely paid me back the effort made.

Now if immigration issues me with more than just a yearly Non-O Extension Thai Wife......, something more permanent ....i know i m dreaming  ;-(

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, walailak said:

I can do anything with the bank accounts online/at the branch using my  Pink ID card since it was used to open up the accounts. The number on the  Pink ID card wont change unlike my passport number thus no updating is needed. I was issued the yellow book and  Pink ID card long time ago it has definitely paid me back the effort made.

Now if immigration issues me with more than just a yearly Non-O Extension Thai Wife......, something more permanent ....i know i m dreaming  ;-(

 

20 years since I was put in the house book (the blue one initially) corrected 17 years ago, and I've been using the yellow book as proof of address ever since, not just have the bank(s) refused to use the yellow book / pink card ID, even the DLT wouldn't use it for my driving license, Oh no for foreigners we must use the passport number.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

20 years since I was put in the house book (the blue one initially) corrected 17 years ago, and I've been using the yellow book as proof of address ever since, not just have the bank(s) refused to use the yellow book / pink card ID, even the DLT wouldn't use it for my driving license, Oh no for foreigners we must use the passport number.

 

Oh really at DLT? After having a Thai licensee since 2008 last time when i renewed (December 2020) it at Mochit DLT i was able to use the yellow book and the Pink ID and change the number on it from the passport number to the 13 digit pink id . The trick is that you need to go the Amphur that issued yr yellow book/ID and have them confirm it in witting (by giving u a copy of their records) that this person holding a particular passport is the same person as in the yellow book / pink id. That is because yr name on the Pink ID its only in Thai writing and DLT cant confirm that its the same person.

 

I knew that requirement so I went and got it from the Amphur (20 baht) and i had no issues at DLT.

Finally, I was told that I need to use the same Pink ID next time renewing, going back to a passport number is not an option only if starting from scratch again.

 

Hope this helps,  😉

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, walailak said:

I can do anything with the bank accounts online/at the branch using my  Pink ID card since it was used to open up the accounts. The number on the  Pink ID card wont change unlike my passport number thus no updating is needed. I was issued the yellow book and  Pink ID card long time ago it has definitely paid me back the effort made.

Now if immigration issues me with more than just a yearly Non-O Extension Thai Wife......, something more permanent ....i know i m dreaming  ;-(

 

Well there's the Long Stay Visa now, it's not for everyone but if you fulfill the requirements it's 10 years https://thaievisa.go.th/long-stay-visa

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, walailak said:

Oh really at DLT? After having a Thai licensee since 2008 last time when i renewed (December 2020) it at Mochit DLT i was able to use the yellow book and the Pink ID and change the number on it from the passport number to the 13 digit pink id . The trick is that you need to go the Amphur that issued yr yellow book/ID and have them confirm it in witting (by giving u a copy of their records) that this person holding a particular passport is the same person as in the yellow book / pink id. That is because yr name on the Pink ID its only in Thai writing and DLT cant confirm that its the same person.

 

I knew that requirement so I went and got it from the Amphur (20 baht) and i had no issues at DLT.

Finally, I was told that I need to use the same Pink ID next time renewing, going back to a passport number is not an option only if starting from scratch again.

 

Hope this helps,  😉

Man you are amazing, a fountain of knowledge. 1.5% is not much but at least the extension money doesn't need to sit still useless

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

... 1.5% is not much but at least the extension money doesn't need to sit still useless

1.5% is more than the 0.0% (zero percent) UBS in Switzerland pays on a savings account.

 

It is also more than the current 0.65% on my Kasikorn Super Senior Time Deposit account and the current 1.3% on my Krungsi Mee Tae Dai e-savings account.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

1.5% is more than the 0.0% (zero percent) UBS in Switzerland pays on a savings account.

 

It is also more than the current 0.65% on my Kasikorn Super Senior Time Deposit account and the current 1.3% on my Krungsi Mee Tae Dai e-savings account.

It's 1.50% on the Krungsi Mee Tae Dai e-savings account not 1.3.(wife has it as a Thai citizen, not available for me eventhough I rang them many times and complained that a bank in Australia wouldn't discriminate like this.

 

1.5% is less than the 2.1%  percent AMP in Australia pays on a savings account.😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lacrimas said:

Man you are amazing, a fountain

After I being here for so long, since 2006, u get to know things

Also having a dual citizen wife helps with discovering things easily 😊😉

It's all about finding out things you are entitled to have!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2022 at 10:32 AM, walailak said:

 

Walked out with one account each , 1.5% interest rate and made sure that no withholding 15% tax to be taken out by filling out the correct paperwork.

 

 

 

I opened my SCB easy online account many months ago, I even asked the staff regarding the 'no withholding tax' stuff but alas last month, I had a 15% tax deducted from my account.

 

So SCB staff really don't know what is going on, they even assured me many times that my tax will not be deducted when I opened my account.

 

The incompetency in Thailand is astonishing, different people will tell us different things.

 

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

 

I opened my SCB easy online account many months ago, I even asked the staff regarding the 'no withholding tax' stuff but alas last month, I had a 15% tax deducted from my account.

 

So SCB staff really don't know what is going on, they even assured me many times that my tax will not be deducted when I opened my account.

 

The incompetency in Thailand is astonishing, different people will tell us different things.

 

Ok, but I had both the branch and the call Centre staff double checking my case and I was told that NO tax will be deducted from my account.

I opened the account with only my Pink ID and the yellow book, no passport was shown, so they used my Pink ID number as the tax ID.

Did u use yr tax ID linked to yr passport for your SCB account?

 

Hopefully it will work out , lets see at tax pay day its December 25th apparently with this bank as opposed to KTB (31 December) and Krungsri (end of each month) 

 

😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, walailak said:

Ok, but I had both the branch and the call Centre staff double checking my case and I was told that NO tax will be deducted from my account.

I opened the account with only my Pink ID and the yellow book, no passport was shown, so they used my Pink ID number as the tax ID.

Did u use yr tax ID linked to yr passport for your SCB account?

 

Hopefully it will work out , lets see at tax pay day its December 25th apparently with this bank as opposed to KTB (31 December) and Krungsri (end of each month) 

 

😉

 

I did show them my tax ID the day I opened my account. They said there is no such service because NO tax will ever be deducted from this account. 

 

When I didn't believe what one staff was saying, another counter staff came in to confirm what he said. 

 

They even said only the Fixed Deposit accounts have withholding tax.

 

So much for the confirmation and assurance from them. I don't know whether I should go scold the staff or laugh at them. 

 

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/5/2022 at 10:03 PM, walailak said:

It's 1.50% on the Krungsi Mee Tae Dai e-savings account not 1.3.(wife has it as a Thai citizen, not available for me eventhough I rang them many times and complained that a bank in Australia wouldn't discriminate like this.

 

1.5% is less than the 2.1%  percent AMP in Australia pays on a savings account.😉

It is 1.5% for the first 100.00, after that it's 1%.

 

https://www.krungsri.com/Krungsri2020/media/Banking-Rate/deposit-rates/en/deposit-rates-21042565-en.pdf

 

image.png.b8594ed286dadb1ec95e639929d84712.png

 

 

And another trick Krungsri does, and very few know, is that if you have 101.000 Baht you get the lower interest on whole amount, not only on the amount above 100.000

 

 

 

image.png.b947b7ea9dd8b5f054b561572c980fa2.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

It is 1.5% for the first 100.00, after that it's 1%.

 

you meant to type 100,000 THB...

regarding the first 100,000...i know that, i keep it at 99,999 THB  and since she gets the interest paid at the end of each month i always take it out ,at the end of each month, and send it to her Krungsi Mee Tae Dai savings account.

 

Didnt know about the Krungsri trick but i worked it out.

 

Both SCB and KTB accounts of hers are kept at 999,999 THB just to avoid going over  😉

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/5/2022 at 10:03 PM, walailak said:

It's 1.50% on the Krungsi Mee Tae Dai e-savings account not 1.3.(wife has it as a Thai citizen, not available for me eventhough I rang them many times and complained that a bank in Australia wouldn't discriminate like this.

 

1.5% is less than the 2.1%  percent AMP in Australia pays on a savings account.😉

I have Krungsri Mee Tae Dai account with passbook, opened in 10 minutes at Central Plaza Ladprao, Bkk.

The interest rates have reduced from Jul 2022, 1.1% upto 100,000 thb and 0.9 % from 100k to 2 mill thb

 

However, you can withdraw only twice a month otherwise you are charged a penalty of 50 baht a trx.

Edited by DrJoy
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2022 at 6:40 PM, walailak said:

you meant to type 100,000 THB...

regarding the first 100,000...i know that, i keep it at 99,999 THB  and since she gets the interest paid at the end of each month i always take it out ,at the end of each month, and send it to her Krungsi Mee Tae Dai savings account.

 

Didnt know about the Krungsri trick but i worked it out.

 

Both SCB and KTB accounts of hers are kept at 999,999 THB just to avoid going over  😉

 

Why 999,999 ?

 

Does KTB provide a special rate for foreigners?

 

Do you trust your wife with all your money?

Edited by EricTh
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2022 at 6:15 PM, peterfranks said:

It is 1.5% for the first 100.00, after that it's 1%.

 

https://www.krungsri.com/Krungsri2020/media/Banking-Rate/deposit-rates/en/deposit-rates-21042565-en.pdf

 

image.png.b8594ed286dadb1ec95e639929d84712.png

 

 

And another trick Krungsri does, and very few know, is that if you have 101.000 Baht you get the lower interest on whole amount, not only on the amount above 100.000

 

 

 

image.png.b947b7ea9dd8b5f054b561572c980fa2.png

Your picture shows 1.1 and not 1.5.

 

After that , it is 0.9

 

Edited by EricTh
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Your picture shows 1.1 and not 1.5.

 

After that , it is 0.9

 

It's always best to read a post before you reply.

 

This is the post I quoted in my replay

 

On 7/5/2022 at 10:03 PM, walailak said:

It's 1.50% on the Krungsi Mee Tae Dai e-savings account

image.png.f5c8b4f2bc258b014170b94e7b1e9d74.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, DrJoy said:

I have Krungsri Mee Tae Dai account with passbook, opened in 10 minutes at Central Plaza Ladprao, Bkk.

The interest rates have reduced from Jul 2022, 1.1% upto 100,000 thb and 0.9 % from 100k to 2 mill thb

 

However, you can withdraw only twice a month otherwise you are charged a penalty of 50 baht a trx.

I also have that but I was taking abou the Krungsi Mee Tae Dai e-savings account only available for Thai citizens 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, EricTh said:

 

Why 999,999 ?

 

Does KTB provide a special rate for foreigners?

 

Do you trust your wife with all your money?

No KTB does not provide a special rate for foreigners. 

I was talking about Her account. 

 

Why 999,999 ?

Cause over the 1 million the interest rate drops drastically. 

 

Do you trust your wife with all your money?

 

Yes I do, been together since 2001.

Besides that all of our investments back on Australia are in my name. 

So it's fair to keep the money in hers plus spreading the money out helps us of not going over the first 20,000thb interest without tax held. 

😁

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, walailak said:

No KTB does not provide a special rate for foreigners. 

I was talking about Her account. 

 

Why 999,999 ?

Cause over the 1 million the interest rate drops drastically. 

 

Do you trust your wife with all your money?

 

Yes I do, been together since 2001.

Besides that all of our investments back on Australia are in my name. 

So it's fair to keep the money in hers plus spreading the money out helps us of not going over the first 20,000thb interest without tax held. 

😁

 

 

Unfortunately, I can't spread my money like you do.

 

I've heard of horror stories of Thai wives running away with the foreigner's money such as house etc.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I've heard of horror stories of Thai wives running away with the foreigner's money such as house etc.

She would have ran away long time ago if she wanted to.

I ve been very luck as her parents live in Australia and I never had to look after a sick buffalo etc. 

House, car in Thailand it's in her name, cash in bank accounts are spreaded evenly between us. 

 

Everything else bsck in Australia is in my name, the only thing that is in her name bsck in Australia it's her superannuation account with balance that she can't touch until 60!

Btw I'm 47 she is 49..together since 2001...

 

Now if immigration issues me with something more than just a yearly Non-O Extension Thai Wife......,

 

something more permanent.. 

something like my home country would've given to a Thai married to an Aussie... 

 

i know i m dreaming   ;-(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...