list of unpleasant experience in phuket

capcase

11 hours ago, marin said:

Give me a break. Dont just post to bitch. If you have half a brain you can easily avoid all the complaints you are bring up. 

With regard to the lobster, what a bunch of hearsay BS.  You have a head on top of your shoulders use it. 

If you have half a brain, you won't reply a post to bitch in such a condescending attitude. Get lost!

• Thanks 1

Phuket was better before, because it had better reputation than Pattaya saying you where going there. 

Phuket have better beaches Than Pattaya, better diving, more beautiful landscape, better options for riding big bike trips, better options for daytrips, but more expensive than pattaya. 

Traffic in city same same. 

If I was going to choose where to live? Isaan and visit both places once and awhile as I do now ???? 

19 hours ago, hydraides said:

1) not true - comparable prices to other places in thailand including hotel prices, food in restaurants maybe 10-20% high. Massages, Food in supermarkets, Motorbike Rent, Condo Monthly Rent Prices nearly all the same

2) It's your choice , hire from a reputable hire place with good reviews

3) Yeah taxi fares are higher but you either 1) buy or rent a scooter, 2) take a songthaew to places 3) buy a bike 4) Take the airport bus

4) Stop complaining, Phuket is great place with an international airport, great beaches, good waves for surfing etc etc

#3 - Taxi Fares - Your 4 solutions are all unacceptable to me.

Happy to avoid the place if I'm going to be ripped off using taxis.

Many have said they did research and made themselves aware of the problems.

I'm the same way, but most normies, when they learn they should study up on all the scams, will instead choose a different vacation spot.

Which strikes me as a rational decision.

Edited by JimmyJ

17 hours ago, capcase said:

double price means foreigners are charged substantially higher. a Thai friend told me: she saw a foreigner was charged 5 times for lobster, but she did not dare to speak out because she was afraid she would be retaliated. 

Been to Phuket once and experienced just that. Watched Thais buy ice cream cones for 25 baht. Big bus pulls in, tourists get off, guy buys a cone, lady says 200 baht. I walked over and told him the price was 25 and the woman went totally berserk, climbing on her counter and swinging at me.

Poor guy. He handed over 200, dropped the cone, and ran back to the bus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/6/2022 at 6:00 AM, capcase said:

double price means foreigners are charged substantially higher. a Thai friend told me: she saw a foreigner was charged 5 times for lobster, but she did not dare to speak out because she was afraid she would be retaliated. 

Stop complaining? what kind childish mindset: you are with us or you against us?

Exactly,

So many Thai apologists on here.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, capcase said:

If you have half a brain, you won't reply a post to bitch in such a condescending attitude. Get lost!

Nah lived here for 30+ years its home.  Somehow 30+ years ago people managed to get here and have a good time without the internet. Dont defend those who dont know diddly and life would be better for all. But do have a good one. 

• 2 weeks later...