Free COVID booster shots on offer for all at Bang Sue vaccination centre

webfact

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The Bang Sue vaccination centre is offering free booster shots of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines for Thais and non-Thais

The use of the word "free" suggest that they are now not normally free. Is that correct?

27 minutes ago, kingkenny said:

I went yesterday, no registration needed. Just turn up with passport and previous vaccine certificate if you have one.

Within 5 minutes of entering I was jabbed and in the 30 minute observation. 

Fill a form in, go to registration desk and then straight to the nurse for injection. 

After 30 minutes collect new vaccine certificate. 

Choice of Moderna and Pfizer. 

I would say there was probably only around 100 people there, only one entrance now rather than the 3 previously and no queues now. 

I don't know what your shot schedule was, but are you able to confirm that Bang Sue will give you Moderna as a second booster four months (not six months) after your first booster (which in my case was Pfizer)? Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david_je said:

I don't know what your shot schedule was, but are you able to confirm that Bang Sue will give you Moderna as a second booster four months (not six months) after your first booster (which in my case was Pfizer)? Thank you.

That I can't answer. My first booster was Pfizer and 6 months had passed so I had no issue getting my 4th jab. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 4:58 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

I click on 'DTAC', but only am forwarded to the 'True' link, but I guess it works out the same... ????

Use below DTAC link to start....I just used it to schedule appts for the wife and I.  We have DTAC numbers so I don't know if it will work with non-DTAC numbers.  

https://app.dtac.co.th/vaccine/index.html

Select the English or Thai language setting in the upper right hand corner.   It will ask for your name, Thai ID/foreign passport number, address, date of birth, and mobile number.  I used my Pink ID card since that is what I have used for my previous vaccine jabs. 

You will then pick an available appt date but the time on that date will be issued upon completion of the process (i.e., you can pick the date but not the time).   The process also sends two SMSs to you confirming the appt. 

The 1st SMS just says your registration for a jab has been registered and within 2 hours you will receive another SMS informing you of the registration final results.  But that 2nd SMS arrived within seconds confirming  successful registration....and that 2nd SMS will contain a weblink which will show your appt date/time with QR code for the Bang Sue appt which you are suppose to show when arriving for your appt. 

So take a snapshot of that appt/QR code.....but all the QR code shows is the ID number you used which I guess when scanned by the Bang Sue folks would immediately pull-up your appt in their computer system...just makes their work a little easier. 

You can go to the weblink using the DTAC app or browser.....I used my browser to go to the link as using the DTAC app just took me to my DTAC acct menu where I didn't see anything about the appt (maybe I didn't look good enough)....but going to the link using your phone or computer browser works fine....you enter you ID number and phone number and then your appt date, time, and QR code are shown.

I first made my appt and got issued a 1pm time on the day I selected....I then immediately made an appt for the wife on the same day and fortunately they issued a 1pm time also.    It worked out well...didn't step on any landmines during the process.

The wife and I got our 4th jab at Bang Sue Grand Station today/14 July.   As mentioned in my above post we had made an appt.  We showed up at noon for our 1pm appt.

At the entrance they give you a simple form to complete (they have Thai and English version forms).  If you had an appt you are directed to a certain entrance...if a walk-in you are directed to another entrance.

Upon entering they have an area to complete the form and they ask whether you want Pfizer or Moderna and then you are directed to the appropriate area.   The wife and I chose Moderna.

Our queue time in the Moderna waiting queue area was about 30 minutes...and then another 20 minutes in the "after jab" area.  So it took about an hour or so total.

LOTS of people getting jabs--LOTS.  But Bang Sue's setup to quickly process people and give jabs worked well.  Plenty of available parking.

Edited by Pib
  • Haha 1

From  the OP article:

The third dose will be administered at least 90 days after the second dose. The fourth, fifth or sixth doses must be at least 120 days after the previous dose.

In other words, for most booster cases, you're eligible 4 months after your prior shot.

• Like 1

I guess you can get as many boosters as you wish.  But so far it is not medically stated to get any more than a total of four vaccines  at this time. I’m not just speculating this.  That is also what my doctors in Bangkok have told me also.  
For the heck of it I also contacted the Health Department in the state where I’m originally from.  They have a Covid hotline staffed by doctors and pharmacists.  The person told me not more than four also at this time.  And Moderna is working on and possibly coming out with an updated vaccine this fall.  
Unfortunately there really still is not enough evidence to actually know how many vaccines are necessary. 

On 7/8/2022 at 1:00 PM, david_je said:

My wife had her shot 4 months ago and got notified this week that she could get another shot this week at Bangsue

15 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

My wife had her shot 4 months ago and got notified this week that she could get another shot this week at Bangsue

Was your wife's first booster Pfizer, and now she got notice to get second booster (presumably choice of Pfizer or Moderna)? Thank you. 

Just back from Bang Sue; many people, long queues, but easy if you had an appointment. A bit unorganised after the injection, as no-one really cared about the follow-up observation. Lots of signs, but the place being quite big, not everything easy to find.

Strangely, my Moh Prompt app did not update, so not sure how to fix that. Also, can one get an updated international certificate?

3 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Just back from Bang Sue; many people, long queues, but easy if you had an appointment. A bit unorganised after the injection, as no-one really cared about the follow-up observation. Lots of signs, but the place being quite big, not everything easy to find.

Strangely, my Moh Prompt app did not update, so not sure how to fix that. Also, can one get an updated international certificate?

Mor Prompt should update next business day.  This week on  Thursday I got my jab at Bang Sue...Mor Prompt didn't show a record of the jab until next day/Friday.  I expect Bang Sue does a mass update overnight vs real time.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Just back from Bang Sue; many people, long queues, but easy if you had an appointment.

Time-wise approximately how long did it take to complete the jab process from the time "you walked into the facility to the end of the 20 minutes after jab wait time?"

Exclude your travel time from/to the facility as that will be different for everyone.  

For me on Thursday it was approx 50 minutes with LOTS of people.

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Time-wise approximately how long did it take to complete the jab process from the time "you walked into the facility to the end of the 20 minutes after jab wait time?"

Exclude your travel time from/to the facility as that will be different for everyone.  

For me on Thursday it was approx 50 minutes with LOTS of people.

Pretty quick. Most time was spent looking 'where everything is'. Lots of staff, but not really guiding people like in other locations. Sitting down, filling out the form, then looking 'where they give out my vaccine of choice' (several queues, lots of walking), say 10min., sitting down again in the queue for the vaccine, about 15min., walking around, looking 'where the observation area is', about 10min., sitting down for less than 20min. (no-one cares 'who' or 'how long'), then asking where I can get a certicate - walking to another counter, waiting for the certificate to be printed out, so 50 to 60min. is pretty much standard. - The 'problem' is the size of the place and the lack of information/ guidance, so one spends most of the time walking and looking which of the many counters to go to.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Haha 1

I didn't wait for printout of any certificate after the jab....I just did the 20 minute after-jab wait period to ensure a person is OK....and then I turned in that original form filled-out at the entrance which they put a QR code sticker on when actually getting the jab.  Didn't ask for or wait for any certificate because I had faith it would get recorded in the Mor Prom database/app then later on I would just printout the info from Mor Prom.  Plus later on I will also have it recorded in my Yellow Vaccine Passport which at the same time generates an International Vaccine Certificate.   

When the wife and I went last Thursday we didn't have any issues in figuring out where to go next within the building.   Now we had an appt time at 1pm although we showed up noon.  We started off at Gate 2.  At Gate 2 they asked did we have an appt or were we a walk-in as that determined which entrance door a person would be directed to next. 

We said we have an appt and they directed us to a certain entrance other jab workers said to follow the blue-dashed line on the floor which was for the Moderna jab.  I think they had another colored line to follow if getting a Pfizer jab.  I kinda felt like I was in the Wizard of Oz movie being told to follow the Yellow Brick Road.  But as we followed that blue line around corners and thru doors for probably around a 150 meters it lead us right to the Moderna jab area.

Now for a walk-ins I can't say how direction-giving was handled....whether any Yellow Brick Road type colored lines on the floor were in play.

On 7/7/2022 at 1:03 PM, webfact said:

I just tried to register with AIS for a second booster. But as I got my two first shots in Malaysia and they didn't record it in their database when I went for my first booster, I received a SMS claiming I got only one shot and so, of course, can't get a second booster... ????

And besides Bang Sue I just got some crossfeed on a LINE group I'm part of it....the crossfeed is basically a poster/flyer saying on Saturday/today/23 July from 1pm to 4pm at the 69 govt health centers in Bangkok walk-in vaccinations/booster are available.  Just bring your Thai ID card or foreign passport.  

Lots of options to get free jabs in Bangkok although finding out where and when seems to be by social media grapevine/crossfeed.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 11:33 AM, Pib said:

Lots of options to get free jabs in Bangkok although finding out where and when seems to be by social media grapevine/crossfeed.

Any other places in Bangkok?
I had last 2 jabs at MBK and the service was excellent, but I think they've stopped now.
Bang Sue, although termed 'Bangkok Central Station', is far from the centre.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Patanawet said:

Any other places in Bangkok?
I had last 2 jabs at MBK and the service was excellent, but I think they've stopped now.
Bang Sue, although termed 'Bangkok Central Station', is far from the centre.

Bang Sue is not hard or that expensive to get to from within Bangkok.   That location along with individual govt health clinics seem to be the focal points for jabs within Bangkok right now...Bang Sue seems to be the main site the govt is pushing for Bangkok residents right now. 

Or if you wanted to go just outside of western Bangkok a few kilometers to Mahidol University a person can make a vaccine appt at the Kanchanaphisek Medical Center (a govt medical center) which is part of the university complex.  It's where we took the wife's mom for her third jab.   But you need to make an appt at their webpage....easy to do....but the earliest appt right now seems to be 17 Aug when I looked a minute ago...and the monthly appts fill-up pretty fast.   

Go to below link and about halfway down click on the icon/link titled  Register 18 yrs and Older.   https://www.gj.mahidol.ac.th/main/pr_covid/    Google Translate is your friend on this appt website....but it easy to do when appts are available.  Walk-ins not allowed to the best of my knowledge.

image.png.079c622841d6726fb7b820e12c88bfe8.png

More info for the medical center....will have link to a google map.

https://www.gj.mahidol.ac.th/main/pr_covid/

image.png.135f39b9b38216504a991b87b28a84b1.png

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2022 at 11:14 AM, Pib said:

Mor Prompt should update next business day.

@Pib bit off topic however you gave excellent advice recently.

I've had couple of people ask for advice regarding trip out and back into Thailand.

Exactly what is required to show vaccination status.

Personally I will be going back to Bang Sue soon to get my first booster and at same time obtain printout VAX certificate.

Can you print that out from the app? Can a screenshot of vaccination record on phone enough? 

Don't want to give incorrect advice.

Ta

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

@Pib bit off topic however you gave excellent advice recently.

I've had couple of people ask for advice regarding trip out and back into Thailand.

Exactly what is required to show vaccination status.

Personally I will be going back to Bang Sue soon to get my first booster and at same time obtain printout VAX certificate.

Can you print that out from the app? Can a screenshot of vaccination record on phone enough? 

Don't want to give incorrect advice.

Ta

I didn't get any vaccine certificate issued at Bang Sue...didn't ask for me...as I just waited until the jab appears in Mor Prom same or next day.  All four of my jabs have quickly appeared in Mor Prom.

I guess a person can ask/wait for a vaccine certificate at Bang Sue but I didn't....and I never have at the other two Thailand locations I have got COVID jabs.   Now StayinThailand2Much posted above he waited around at BangSue to get a certificate of the jab....maybe he can provide more info on getting a certificate at Bang Sue.

What I've been doing is after getting a jab and that jab appears in Mor Prom I then book appt in Mor Prom app to get my Yellow Vaccine Passport nd International QR Certificate updated at the  Bamrasnaradura Infectious Disease Institute (BIDI) in Nanthaburi which is pretty easy and fast for me to get to from my western Bangkok home.  BIDI has a fancy name but really it's just another govt hospital but also has a department that specializes in the really nasty infectious diseases.

The BIDI issues/updates vaccine passports on the 5th floor.....and when you get the vaccine passport updated it automatically updates your online International Certificate/QR code.   I've got an appt for early August for BIDI to update my vaccine passport/Int'l Certificate for the 4th jab (2nd booster) I got at Bang Sue almost two weeks ago.  It only costs Bt50 and normally I'm in and out of BIDI within 15 minutes.   I also went BIDI about a month ago to get a new vaccine passport which reflected my new passport.  

To initiate/view/printout your Int'l Certificate and/or book an appt at a location to get/update a Yellow Vaccine paper passport just logon onto Mor Prom and on the main screen press the icon in the lower left hand corner titled "International Certificate" which will pull up another page showing your Int'l Certificate/QR (if you have requested one/got one) and you can also book an appt to get/update an Int'l Certificate/QR code.  And if you don't want the Yellow Vaccine passport there is a selection just to get an Int'l Certificate/QR which I don't think requires you to go anywhere as it's free until the end of 2022 and can all be done online.