Pleasant Surprise

I arrived at Suvarnabhumi a couple of weeks ago - my third trip since restrictions eased last November.  On my first trip in December things were a little slow getting through the airport but the hotel (1 night no quarantine quarantine) taxi was there waiting and took me straight for my PCR test on the way to the hotel.  Just 6 hours after that test I was sat in a bar on Sukhumvit.

Second trip was a little faster through the airport but then a very long wait for the hotel taxi + the PCR result took 13 hours.

This last trip was clearly going to be easier as quarantine had ended for fully vaccinated travellers but I was amazed at how quickly I got through immigration and collected my bags.  I was in a taxi on my way home 35 minutes after landing - I can't ever remember it being so fast in almost 21 years. 

The airport really seems to be intent on making things slicker in the future - a lot of new immigration booths have been installed.  Let's just hope they have the staff to man them when things get busy.