thai airasia impossible to reach customer care

akda

Trust me, reaching Mars seems easy, then try contacting representatives of airasia live or human interaction.

WAs trying to book AirAsia flights from Bangkok to Phuket.
When booking, it shows payment failed, I checked email and credit card transaction to confirm, no transaction.
I needed to book, so I decided to book again, this time the booking was successful.
The next day when I checked my email and credit card transactions, I saw it billed me twice, now I have a double booking on the same day.
I tried contacting Air Asia customer service but I can't reach. I tried facebook, whatsapp, line and twitter but no response, every time the AVA bot replies and to no avail.
Customer care number can record messages only.

I would like to know what are my options? Lodge police complaint or is there any consumer protection board?

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

I found twitter was the only way to contact them ..... but don't expect a response immediately,   however for a sure way is to go to the airport DMK and talk to their staff there.

Just wondering, can I do the same by going to BKK instead of DMK.

As BKK is near to me.

11 hours ago, Reposed said:

File a dispute with your credit card....

how long it takes. Do I have to wait till next credit card statement? Mine is CITI Bank.

Edited by akda
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, akda said:

I would like to know what are my options? Lodge police complaint or is there any consumer protection board?

How about contacting your credit card agency and telling them to cancel??? Duh.

6 hours ago, akda said:

how long it takes. Do I have to wait till next credit card statement? Mine is CITI Bank.

The period for dispute is typically up to 90 days, But the sooner the better.

Call them (some allow disputing online) and dispute, they will immediately credit the amount pending investigation. The fact that you booked two flights for the same day will be enough to decide in your favor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update on case:

Save yourself. Do not go to DMK or BKK airport. Ground staff can not do anything. They will just redirect you to reach customer care online -> to AVA BOT. There is only one option is to chat, no call option at all.

Apparently reaching to customer care is hidden. It was shared by AirAsia Facebook page after lot of tagging for 3-4 days.

To reach customer care. Follow these step by step in AVA bot:

1. Type - > Change Email

2. You will receive some automatic messages. Do not do anything until you see `Talk to allstar` button. At the end there will be a button `Talk to allstar`. Click on it.

3. Enter details as asked.

4. Then you will be in queue. Mine queue number was 250+. I had to wait 2+ hour to reach an agent. Finally I had chat with agent. 

5. They understood my case. It took 5 days but I got my money as AirAsia Credit Account which can be used to book flight on AirAsia in future.

It was a long shot, hectic, hidden, super slow and frustrating.  But It is what it is.

Edited by akda
  • Like 1