90 day online report problem.

Hi, 

Just did my first online report, had to notify my address by 26 july, so IO told me that i could do report from the 11 july, Now keen to see that it worked ok ive just done my report and within 1 hour got notification that it was successful and to report again by 9th October.

This of course is means they have only given me 76 days.  I put 26 july in the visa expire box on tm47. 

So have i made a mistake or has immigration incorrectly give me 90 days from today and not the 26th july.

Many thanks for any replies.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

When you do a 90 day report the new 90 day starts from the day you do the report.

The visa expire space is not a required field and that is day your current extension of stay or permit to stay from a entry ends.

Ok thanks Joe didnt know that, next time i will leave the report till a couple of days before, i applied early as i was keen to see that it worked ok for me.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Really don't see how it's worth it.

As you know it literally takes seconds to file with the auto fill option.

Do it early. 

Ok just to clarify, you say i should notify my address early and say only get 82 days before next report, but this is not a problem because i will always get a full year before i have re apply for a new marriage extension again.

8 minutes ago, CFCjeff said:

Ok just to clarify, you say i should notify my address early and say only get 82 days before next report, but this is not a problem because i will always get a full year before i have re apply for a new marriage extension again.

That is correct.

Been doing my 90 day reports early online for some time without a problem when applying for my extension.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, inThailand said:

If you file online or in person you get 90 days from that date. If you file after the due date in person you get the full 90 days. File early get penalized, file late get 90 days. Thai logic? 

How are you penalised? Is it such an imposition to take another 5 minutes (if you are really really slow) to submit an online report?

the requirement is to report for any period of 90 days, if you report on day 76 of course your next report period is 90 days from then! Otherwise the report could be 111 days after that report assuming you reported in person.

you really should think things through, or get some nice cheese to go with your whine. ???? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is correct.

Been doing my 90 day reports early online for some time without a problem when applying for my extension.

A little off topic, but this reminds me of the bad old days before there were any online options. Then, I had to carefully calculate the 90 day strategy so when the visa extension came up I could do the 90 days on the same visit.

Because the transport to Chaeng Wattana was far worse than it is now (there was no BTS extension etc), it was 6 hours of travel there and back just to do the 5 minutes 90 day notification. 

7 hours ago, Gaccha said:

A little off topic, but this reminds me of the bad old days before there were any online options. Then, I had to carefully calculate the 90 day strategy so when the visa extension came up I could do the 90 days on the same visit.

Before online reporting was set up the mail in option was available. I think I would of done it that way.

I have used mailed in reports before when the office was a long way from home and I could not use the online reporting due to a old entry to the country and a new passport.