Online 90 day report

1 hour ago, blackshadow said:

yes and i get sick of seeing ONLINE 90 day reporting......

I go IN PERSON never have problems

Perhaps I've missed something, but if you are sick of seeing "ONLINE 90 day reporting", why are you participating in a thread about exactly that?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

"With the new online system they send an email reminder automatically when its due for subsequent reports (after the first) 15 days before due date."

I'm afraid they've even managed to **** that up! I recently got my retirement extension approved in Samui and my next notification is not due until the 30th August, On the 23rd June, however, I got a computer generated e-mail, how telling me that I must notify by the 9th July.

Needless to say I ignored the mail.

Are you saying that Samui "also" processed/generated a new 90 days receipt for you when you got your extension?  Some immigration offices do that; some don't.    

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Very easy to avoid the threads on online reporting.

For many people attending immigration office in person is far cry from visit to 7/11.

It can take a day round trip. 

You hit the nail on the head @DrJack54. 170Km round trip for me, as opposed to a couple of minutes sat at my PC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pib said:

Are you saying that Samui "also" processed/generated a new 90 days receipt for you when you got your extension?  Some immigration offices do that; some don't.    

No, my last 90 day report was approved on the 11th April and my retirement extension on the 2nd June. Their e-mail was sent on the 23rd June,  It looks like Samui Immigration  haven't updated the database with my extension details.

3 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

No, my last 90 day report was approved on the 11th April and my retirement extension on the 2nd June. Their e-mail was sent on the 23rd June,  It looks like Samui Immigration  haven't updated the database with my extension details.

Your extension doesn't change the due date for the 90 day report, though I think some offices do. Better check the paper in your passport

41 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

I guess you are saying you submitted your last 90 day report "in person or by mail" at Samai vs doing an online report on the new system?

I doubt in person/by mail reports interface with online report systems the individual uses which means the online system just gives you a 15 days heads up based on the last "online" report that was approved. 

The "master" 90 day database which only immigration officers have access to would be updated by a in-person, by mail, or online approved report BUT the master database would not update an online reporting system which is just a module to help reportee submit a report.

And as already mentioned getting another extension does "not" automatically also give you a new 90 day address receipt unless the immigration officer told you they are doing a new 90 day report for you "and handed you that new, approved 90 day receipt."  Some immigration offices do process and hand you a new 90 day report receipt while doing the extension and some do not---the extension and 90 day report are two separate actions/pieces of paperwork.

Doubled check the report receipt you have in your passport....and maybe check the latest approved report contained in the online reporting system.  Use the receipt that has the latest approval date.

57 minutes ago, Pib said:

I guess you are saying you submitted your last 90 day report "in person or by mail" at Samai vs doing an online report on the new system?

I doubt in person/by mail reports interface with online report systems the individual uses which means the online system just gives you a 15 days heads up based on the last "online" report that was approved. 

The "master" 90 day database which only immigration officers have access to would be updated by a in-person, by mail, or online approved report BUT the master database would not update an online reporting system which is just a module to help reportee submit a report.

And as already mentioned getting another extension does "not" automatically also give you a new 90 day address receipt unless the immigration officer told you they are doing a new 90 day report for you "and handed you that new, approved 90 day receipt."  Some immigration offices do process and hand you a new 90 day report receipt while doing the extension and some do not---the extension and 90 day report are two separate actions/pieces of paperwork.

Doubled check the report receipt you have in your passport....and maybe check the latest approved report contained in the online reporting system.  Use the receipt that has the latest approval date.

You guess wrong Pib, I registered into the new system as soon as it was online, how do you think that I get computer generated e-mails? As I mentioned, my retirement extension was done in person in Samui and my next notification is due on the 30th August. My original post was in reply to someone talking about the new 90 day system, which in my case hasn't worked properly this time, it wasn't asking for help! Thanks all the same