Jomtien baht buses

pomchop

How often do baht buses run up and down Jomtien beach?  Interested in the local ones from one end of jomtien to other end more than ones that go over the mountain to south Pattaya.  Is the normal fare 10 baht or ?

Yes 10 baht.

They generally stop at Soi Chayuphreuk though so they don't go ALL the way.

After that, walk, hire them as a charter, book Bolt, etc.

Frequency? I don't have current info. They slowed down a lot but with tourism coming back, expect them to increase frequency.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, pomchop said:

Another question...i haven't been to jomtien in a long time but i do remember that Dongtan beach used to be almost all gay beach...is that still the case?  Don't care much but not really my cup of tea.

DOngtan beach is referred to as gay??  But I have been going there for years, never seen anything gay going on. 

It's very very nice area. The road goes all the way along to pratumnak soi 5, now.. 

I live at cosy beach. 

6 hours ago, pomchop said:

Another question...i haven't been to jomtien in a long time but i do remember that Dongtan beach used to be almost all gay beach...is that still the case?  Don't care much but not really my cup of tea.

If you haven't been for a long time you will hardly recognize the beach now.

They built a promenade all the way from police box corner to Pratamnak Soi 5.

Quite nice to walk/ride.

Many fit work out women in the evening jogging/exercising.

It is still unchanged that many venues restaurants/bars in the area are preferred by gays. Many bars/restaurant at the "Super Town Jomtien Walking Street" a bit up from beach rd.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes 10 baht.

Frequency? I don't have current info. They slowed down a lot but with tourism coming back, expect them to increase frequency.

“Baht bus..”  That’s the same as a Songthaew, am I correct? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, pomchop said:

First time I hear that. Never seen a gay beach anywhere in Thailand. Ladyboys you have everywhere. But Farang gays you will hardly find in Thailand, at least not the ones that are really feminine 

• Confused 2

38 minutes ago, whereyougo said:

Put on  G string speedos and cowboy hat and go for a walk and check it out

39 minutes ago, whereyougo said:

Put on  G string speedos and cowboy hat and go for a walk and check it out

I don't need to put on a g string, I go there regularly. Saw an older man once, wearing g string.. 

It's mostly Thai people and Russians, pre the war.. 

6 hours ago, roger101 said:

I live on Thepprasit, I just wish that the Baht buses on Thepprasit would start running again. It was so handy, 10 Baht to Thappraya Road then either another to Jomtien or Pattaya.

I did not know that the Baht Busses even ran on Thepprasit.  That would be handy.  Since the CVid thing, the Baht busses have not run on Pattaya Nu either. It would be nice if those ran too. At night, many of the Baht Busses in Jomtien are few between and also selective as to who they stop to pick up.  That is unnerving!

15 hours ago, roger101 said:

I live on Thepprasit, I just wish that the Baht buses on Thepprasit would start running again. It was so handy, 10 Baht to Thappraya Road then either another to Jomtien or Pattaya.

Stopped while the road works are ongoing?

On 7/13/2022 at 4:04 PM, sead said:

First time I hear that. Never seen a gay beach anywhere in Thailand. Ladyboys you have everywhere. Farang gays you will hardly find in Thailand, at least not the ones that are really feminine 

Check out Jomtien Complex, Boyztown and Sunee Plaza. Few gay farang are feminine.

On 7/14/2022 at 6:26 AM, jacko45k said:

Stopped while the road works are ongoing?

No, stopped completely when Covid hit. Before that for years during the day you very rarely waited more than a few minutes. The service got worse over the years and  sometimes you had to wait over 10minutes.

. Then caramel Covid and it died.

On 7/13/2022 at 10:02 AM, Catoni said:

“Baht bus..”  That’s the same as a Songthaew, am I correct? 

Confused....

a member for 8 years...image.jpeg.933f58b185110323bc7509d5bc38fad0.jpegwith 2347 posts.... asks that question....

On 7/13/2022 at 3:54 AM, Jingthing said:

Yes 10 baht.

This answers the OP. 

The baht buses from Pattaya will stop on Beach Road when it reaches Soi Chayuphreuk. Some baht buses run up and down Beach Road south of Soi Chayuphreuk, but these are unscheduled. 

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1