Fully loaded Android Tv Box

Optomist

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure I'm in the correct forum here, but here goes anyway. 

I'm located in Pattaya but plan on moving out east to the village.

I'm looking to buy a fully loaded Android Tv smart box, or whatever it may be called, I really don't know.

I want to be able to watch 'Premier Leage football' in the village without having to use True or 3BB.

If anyone can recommend where I can purchase one of these boxes, I would be graefull.

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

Those boxes are for some reasons deems to be illegal infringing on intellectual  rights.. that place in Tukcom Pattaya sales them but he's limited in what he can offer,

the other way would be to buy the android box and buy the IPTV package from Ali express or even Lazada...

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

A decent MINIX box will set you back about 6,000 baht. Ask about cheaper options, there are many. You are paying about 1,000 for the app installs over the price you could get for the same machine online.

And if you buy the exact same box on aliexpress it's around 2000 baht. You may need to load some of the apps but it's not very difficult. Those local dealers are bandits.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, gargamon said:

And if you buy the exact same box on aliexpress it's around 2000 baht. You may need to load some of the apps but it's not very difficult. Those local dealers are bandits.

i doubt the same Minix box is 2,000 baht.  The guy at tukcom used to offer a yearly service which is basically a reinstall of the latest apps and links for 500 baht which will be needed by those less techy guys

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i doubt the same Minix box is 2,000 baht.  The guy at tukcom used to offer a yearly service which is basically a reinstall of the latest apps and links for 500 baht which will be needed by those less techy guys

If you had the model number it would be easily proven. I have a couple of boxes by MeCool with 64 gig of memory, built in chromecast, etc, etc. that were under 2k each. The specs match at least the best minix i could find.

500 baht for yearly app support would be a good deal, especially for the technically challenged. 

Edited by gargamon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Did you look at an Amazon Fire TV stick. I just got one in UK for £50 plus a subscription which includes most UK & Sky channels for £30 per annum. Works perfectly.

Don't buy the Roku whatever you do. Absolutely useless in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have 3 Android boxes laying around ,I find it much

easier to use a mini Pc with Win 10 , On browser 

speed dial have about 80 sites I can go to with 1 click,

Movies , series , documentaries , News ,Etc, only thing

missing live sports ,expect I could find some , but have

access to games the next day ,

Just don't check scores ,its like watching live...

regards worgeordie

I have an Android box and a Minix Windows 10 box I was given by a friend.  Each has its own bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

The Android box is easy to load up with applications that let you view broadcast or cable programs from the USA or England for free but there are problems.  With those applications how well you can download depends on the applications web servers.  Pay to view applications are less troublesome.

I bought mine to watch F1 races from the Sky F1 channel for free.  The preshow for qualifying or the race worked fine.  When qualifying or the race started the servers were overloaded as more viewers logged in and I started having problems with the feed stopping, starting up, stopping, etc.  I finally gave up.

What I have found best for me is bittorrents.  I download F1 shows and TV shows using my main desktop computer, transfer them to a small portable hard drive, move the drive to the Minix Windows 10 computer and watch them using VLC.  This lets me time shift all programs to a time that is convenient for me, stop playback to go to the bathroom, get coffee or a beer, and eat, then finish the playback.

Since the Minix Windows computer is only 32 bits, has a small memory for programs, and is fairly slow (still better than my Android box that was newer) it is very limiting.  It has a lot of trouble play 1080p MKV videos, and sometimes even 720p MKV ones.  Works fine with 720p MPG videos or 480p MKV.

I got another Windows 10 desktop that is about 4 years old from a friend.  He left a bunch of files on it but once I clean it up I'll use a browser on it to find the bittorrents I want and use utorrent to download them.  This way I can watch video files while more download and I won't have to move them from one computer to the other.

Another advantage of buying an inexpensive Windows 10 desktop to hook up to the TV is that you can add an android emulator for windows 10, like BlueStacks, to your computer and use Android applications as well as Windows 10 applications.

• Like 1

I don't know what a Minix is, but for years I have an Intel NUC i5, with W11 and Expresss VPN, together with a Fire TV stick with Zoo TV installed from a UK company for £30 a year. There's nothing I cannot watch live, on BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, Ch4 & 5, SKY or BT Sports etc or get movies from torrents

Who wants to watch an EPL game or F1 race after you know the result?

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Did you look at an Amazon Fire TV stick. I just got one in UK for £50 plus a subscription which includes most UK & Sky channels for £30 per annum. Works perfectly.

You can buy them on Lazada.

Much better if you also have an Amazon Prime subscription. Though you will need a VPN.

Edited by phetphet

4 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Much better if you also have an Amazon Prime subscription.

Only if you want to watch what Amazon puts out, or get your Amazon deliveries earlier than standard delivery. And it's not cheap (Bht 200 a month)......for me anyway.

Edited by KannikaP

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

There's nothing I cannot watch live, on BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, Ch4 & 5, SKY or BT Sports etc or get movies from torrents.

Who wants to watch an EPL game or F1 race after you know the result?

As far as I'm aware you can't watch Saturday 3 pm EPL games live on Sky, BT Sports etc.

They're part of the traditional "3 pm blackout" of top flight games that's been in place since the 1960's.

Football Blackout: Why There Are No Saturday 3pm Games On TV?

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

Google "GMMZ". Good box(s) at low cost (less than 1000 baht).  Really no need to pay more than 2000 baht max.  As for "fully loaded", once you buy the box download AppLinked from Google.  Once you have that loaded on the android box open it, click on "Live Shows" to pick/choose the programs you want.  RedBox Tv has all of the sports you want ie. 13 different Sky Sports options.  Also, TVTap Pro is a good option.  Both RedBox; and, TVTap have options to select country specific programs.   You can browse through AppLinked to select other viewing options as well.  There's no magic involved in "loading" the programs; so, you should be able to set it up to your liking without paying someone.  Top tip, every so often left mouse click (long click) on the installed app icons until a "Start/Details" box appears.  Click on "Details" to clear stored Data/Cache.  That keeps the used memory under control. 

Edited by kensisaket
additional info
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

As far as I'm aware you can't watch Saturday 3 pm EPL games live on Sky, BT Sports etc.

They're part of the traditional "3 pm blackout" of top flight games that's been in place since the 1960's.

Football Blackout: Why There Are No Saturday 3pm Games On TV?

OK, totalsportek.

On 7/14/2022 at 8:52 AM, ezzra said:

Those boxes are for some reasons deems to be illegal infringing on intellectual  rights.. that place in Tukcom Pattaya sales them but he's limited in what he can offer,

the other way would be to buy the android box and buy the IPTV package from Ali express or even Lazada...

For some reason, lol.

Loaded boxes are fraught with problems. Updates and loss of services. 

I buy plain vanilla box and pay around 70 GBP each year for a full worldwide service including TV, latest films, all PPV sports, my provider been going strong 5 years already. Do some investigating and find a solid one that won't run away with your money. Updates on a 'loaded' box are just a regular PIA. ????????

I'm also in Pattaya and 6 months ago bought an analogue TV box from Tuk Com X96 Max and it's excellent , i think around 2,000 baht,  I don't think there is an app which allows you to watch EPL football, if there was i would have it.  I used to have True vision but their movies are <deleted> and i was paying 3,000 a month just for the football so i cancelled it

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

mecool are around 2k, i bought one from AliExpress, pure garbage, threw it away after getting a refund.  Minix is much better quality, 5k+ baht

So no model number then? What are you trying to hide?