Fully loaded Android Tv Box

Optomist

8 hours ago, giddyup said:

Don't buy the Roku whatever you do. Absolutely useless in Thailand.

i brought my chromecast(left roku at home) and use a VPN and am able to stream cable from back home---works fine with my AIS hotspot.....would roku work with a VPN?

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
9 hours ago, gargamon said:

So no model number then? What are you trying to hide?

I stopped using android boxes years ago but this one seems popular on Lazada

Screenshot_2022-07-16-05-32-59-908_com.lazada.android.jpg

I agree with @scubascuba3.I've had a Minix U9-H (from Lazada for similar price above) for quite a while now and it's still going strong. Much better quality than many of the newer "higher spec" boxes. I've just looked for the U9-H on Aliexpress and I couldn't find one for less than 6K baht.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
typo

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Disclaimer - I don't have an android box but have been looking at getting one.

In reading some reviews most seem to come with at least Android 9 - which is over 3 years old.

The example above appears to be only Android 6 - potentially is this an issue a few years down the road with app compatibility?

3 minutes ago, topt said:

In reading some reviews most seem to come with at least Android 9 - which is over 3 years old.

The example above appears to be only Android 6 - potentially is this an issue a few years down the road with app compatibility?

i would go to the tukcom guy and see which Minix's he is selling fully loaded and get the latest one. Most TV apps seem to function using older versions of Android 

I know a fair bit about android boxes and like all things in life each price range has a best value box. Also some chipsets used in android boxes drop packets when using local hard wired cable.

At the moment if spending under 2k

Any s905x4 chipset android box is best value, should get one on Lazada for under 1400

The above has 4gb ram, 5G WiFi and ethernet and BT.

If spending over 2k

Any s922 chipset box is very powerful and best value.

Expect to pay between 2.4 and 4k.

You can get very reliable iptv subs by getting one that does not advertise on public forums

Expect to pay 70-120gbp for good one that actually works and lasts.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I bought this one recently off Lazada. As recommended to me by someone who is more savvy about these things than I am. Works great. I also bought an Amazon Firestick which is equally as good. Needed 2 as one for me and one for the daughter.

Screenshot_20220716-073328_Lazada.thumb.jpg.0bfa2c07499ed9c7f4392355ea79f3f4.jpg

My friend got the same brand, just 8/64 GB and Android 11.

The App 'OTT-Navigator' installed on the box and BTW on the cell phone as well. Free accounts are available over Telegram. Just look there for IPTV and STBEMU and you will find some mostly Turkish groups that publish 'free' accounts.

This together gives an experience of 6000-11000 smooth running world wide channels, including Pay-TV and video on demand. All free.

A fast internet is mandatory if you want to watch the 4 or 8k streams.

Edited by kdrayong

17 hours ago, topt said:
On 7/16/2022 at 5:34 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Expand  

I have a Minix Neo U9-H which I bought years ago. I use it mainly to play media from my network, Youtube & BBC iPlayer, which it does very well. I wouldn't buy one now because of the potential issue you have highlighted. It can be flashed up to Nougat 7.1.2 but even that is a little old now. 

https://theminixforum.com/index.php?threads/u9-h-ce-fw001-android-7-1-2-20191120-community-edition-nougat-firmware.2107/

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2022 at 11:23 PM, champers said:

I am interested in such a box too but would also want the seller to install it for me. I am inept with such technology and would rather pay someone competent than me make a complete pig's ear of it.

Problem is that after a few months the links and other apps installed begin to fail.

You end up with a cheap Android box that doesn't work. 

• Thanks 1

I've been doing this cord cutting for years.

Right now I've been using it Mi box 4 S.

I follow step by step instructions from the Troy point website.

Within an hour or so I've got a fully functional Android box that gets thousands of channels and practically any movie ever made available.

I can watch any live sports in the world free.

There's a lot of handholding sites that can walk you through setting up an Android Box.  But I really like Troy point. Com.

I've got a few Nvidia boxes along with the Mi Boxes.  There good because they update there software frequently.

Good luck! 

https://troypoint.com/

Screenshot_20220717-154555_Lazada.jpg

34 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Problem is that after a few months the links and other apps installed begin to fail.

Look at my last post in this thread.

The box is great and the website, despite all the advertising is simple to follow.

As long as you have descent WiFi along with a good box and Troy's easy to follow tutorials you'll be amazed at whats available!

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

That's why if in Pattaya the tukcom guy will reinstall everything for about 500 baht. I used boxes for a few years now I don't bother just use a few apps on my tablet 

25 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's why if in Pattaya the tukcom guy will reinstall everything for about 500 baht. I used boxes for a few years now I don't bother just use a few apps on my tablet 

Scuba just for fun check out that site or similar you can do that and more in 20 minutes.  

But I Know what you mean.  Super convenient and Tucom is fun to go anytime.

A lot of people, especially in Issan don't have that luxury.

What Android box are you using? 

47 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Scuba just for fun check out that site or similar you can do that and more in 20 minutes.  

But I Know what you mean.  Super convenient and Tucom is fun to go anytime.

A lot of people, especially in Issan don't have that luxury.

What Android box are you using? 

I don't bother with a box anymore, i actually prefer watching my tablet rather than TV plus easier to operate apps on a tablet than on TV with an air mouse

Edited by scubascuba3

On 7/16/2022 at 2:03 PM, JFHuaHin said:

I know a fair bit about android boxes and like all things in life each price range has a best value box. Also some chipsets used in android boxes drop packets when using local hard wired cable.

At the moment if spending under 2k

Any s905x4 chipset android box is best value, should get one on Lazada for under 1400

The above has 4gb ram, 5G WiFi and ethernet and BT.

If spending over 2k

Any s922 chipset box is very powerful and best value.

Expect to pay between 2.4 and 4k.

You can get very reliable iptv subs by getting one that does not advertise on public forums

Expect to pay 70-120gbp for good one that actually works and lasts.

The service I use no longer accept new subs from from people using Android boxes because of the possibility of leaking MAC addresses compromising their security from incorrectly set up boxes. Firesticks only now I think. I'm lucky because I've subscribed for 4 or 5 years. 

On 7/15/2022 at 5:33 PM, GroveHillWanderer said:

As far as I'm aware you can't watch Saturday 3 pm EPL games live on Sky, BT Sports etc.

They're part of the traditional "3 pm blackout" of top flight games that's been in place since the 1960's.

Football Blackout: Why There Are No Saturday 3pm Games On TV?

I can watch every game live on my MediaAsia box + Sky everything + box sets + new movies for about 1500 a month.

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

I can watch every game live on my MediaAsia box + Sky everything + box sets + new movies for about 1500 a month.

That's expensive but beggars can't be choosers I guess. I only pay twice that for a whole year and the same service, plus all PPV events, like boxing, etc. 

1 hour ago, Speedhump said:

That's expensive but beggars can't be choosers I guess. I only pay twice that for a whole year and the same service, plus all PPV events, like boxing, etc. 

Sounds like mikebell is using a legitimate service. You can't knock him for going legitimate. ????

Edited by Chris.B

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

I can watch all that for 600 a month with the service I've subscribed to for nearly three years. 99% reliable. I win ????

49 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Sounds like mikebell is using a legitimate service. You can't knock him for going legitimate. ????

You can't get Sky anything in Thailand by legitimate means. Sky have no interest in selling their UK content outside of the UK, which is an open invitation for others to do so. Decades ago, Napster used to do the same by offering music downloads and eventually the record companies woke up and provided the service themselves. TV has a long way to go in that regard.

51 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

You couldn't even get all the Sky channels legally for what he's paying. I don't understand then, so don't tell me to hush.... 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I can watch all that for 600 a month with the service I've subscribed to for nearly three years. 99% reliable. I win ????

Do tell - I'm trying to economise as my pension goes down the plughole.

On 7/16/2022 at 1:36 PM, mrbojangles said:

I bought this one recently off Lazada. As recommended to me by someone who is more savvy about these things than I am. Works great. I also bought an Amazon Firestick which is equally as good. Needed 2 as one for me and one for the daughter.

Screenshot_20220716-073328_Lazada.thumb.jpg.0bfa2c07499ed9c7f4392355ea79f3f4.jpg

Well done mate, I have one too. It has a good signal range

You bought off Amazon? Why not Lazada?

Edited by Chris.B

What is available on the Firestick? Does it need a VPN and does it come with everything preloaded? I already have a Smart TV that comes with things like Netflix, but you still need a subscription, so I'm only interested in free content.

1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

Well done mate, I have one too. It has a good signal range

You bought off Amazon? Why not Lazada?

I bought the android box off Lazada but I'm on holiday in the UK at the moment and my mate has a firestick which works great, so I got one of those off Amazon whilst I was here. The Firestick is more nimble than the box and easier to throw in a bag for travelling. Needed 2 ways of receiving tv streaming anyway so the daughter can watch her stuff whilst I watch mine.

• Thanks 1

Minix boxes are very good, but the U9 Model is running Android 6, and while the U9 can be flashed with Android 7, there's a risk to doing so. 

Even if upgraded to Android 7 successfully,  in the near future app developers will be no longer supporting Android 7.

It may be better to spend the extra money and get the latest Minix box running Android 9, which should be supported for some years to come.