Thai Railways resume Hat Yai - Padang Basar to connect Malaysian trains

Stocky

From the 15th July it is reported in the local news that the daily Hat Yai - Padang Besar train service is to resume.

Two trains each way daily, fare is Bht50.

• Train No. 947 leaves Hat Yai Junction at 7.30am and arrives at Padang Besar 8.25am.
  • Train No. 949 leaves Hat Yai Junction at 2:00pm and arrives at Padang Besar 2:55pm.
  • Train No. 948 leaves Padang Besar at 8.55am and arrive at Hat Yai Junction 9.50 am.
  • Train No. 950 leaves Padang Besar at 3.40pm and arrives at Hat Yai Junction 4:35pm.

https://www.hatyaitoday.com/malaysia-train/

Someone asked a question about this a few days back, but I can't find the post.

Edited by Stocky

• 2 months later...

Malaysia ran a special train My Sawadee direct from KL to HaadYai for Malaysia Day.

It was full. Maybe it could become a regular service. I don't know if the carriage are just sitting around or they took them from the east coast services.

They had QR problems at boarding and at the border. It left KL at 10 pm. Had sleepers and seats and some classes, 1st and ???

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

There is a new sign on the Padang Besar Malaysia Railway station overhead walkway saying that it will open again September one 2023. Going to change the layout so people can't enter Malaysia or Thailand without going through immigration. 

Edited by my friend I

58 minutes ago, Quanli said:

I have an plan. I am going to visit your country. Can you tell me more about the train, bus, or taxi. I mean I want to know more about the vehicles using to travel.

In the absence of any details as to where you currently are, and where exactly you're hoping to travel to, can I suggest you try the Rome2Rio website; very helpful in giving ideas as to travel options. 

https://www.rome2rio.com/