Is there any  special visa category to get a care-giver a US visa

I'm a retired American citizen who's been living in Thailand for many years.  I may need to go back to the USA to deal with some medical issues.  It is very dangerous (to my health) for me to travel alone.  I have a caregiver in Thailand I'd like to accompany me.  She is 52 years old and probably doesn't qualify for a tourist visa.  Is there any  special category whereby she might be let in?  Thanks.

16 hours ago, DineshR said:

Hello,

Many years ago when my wife was incapacitated and required nursing help, I had a live in nurse who was my wife's caregiver. We would go back to the US every year and I have applied for US visas for actually several different caregivers over the years and they were all granted visas.

1. Apply for a non-immigrant visa. (B2)

2. The application should be made by you as the employer. The non-immigrant visa form is self explanatory and quite easy to fill in though you will need all the details of your caregiver as required in the form. The US address, and the person she will be visiting in the US will be you. Use your email address in that application not the caregivers.

3. Purpose of the trip is to take care of you. You should write a cover letter stating what your disability is and why you require a caregiver and that you will cover all her expenses.

4. It will ask you if the applicant intends to work in the US - answer is NO.

5. Application is prepared by you and relationship will be employer.

That's pretty much it. The form itself is quite simple - just need the data to fill it in. 

I've taken 3 different caregivers to the US over the course of almost 10 years and have never had a problem.

Good luck !!

Thank you!  Do you happen to remember if I will have to meet any income requirements?

• 3 weeks later...

@burlapMy apologies ... I hadn't logged in here for a while and did not see your question. The answer to your question is  NO. That said, you will need to state in your letter that you will cover all of the caregiver's expenses for the duration of the trip including airfare, housing and meals etc.