A Problem In The Uk

geevlus

Namely her hair, I'm suprised she has got any left, it keeps falling out, it only seems to happen in the UK though and not in Thailand? I know this post isn't directly related to Thailand and would have probably been better off posted in the Ladies or even health/body forums, but I just want to caputre a wider audience. The obvious answer is western stress. Could it be anything else - Any pills, potions, shampoos, creams or sprays that anybody knows of for this kind of thing?

Namely her hair, I'm suprised she has got any left, it keeps falling out, it only seems to happen in the UK though and not in Thailand? I know this post isn't directly related to Thailand and would have probably been better off posted in the Ladies or even health/body forums, but I just want to caputre a wider audience. The obvious answer is western stress. Could it be anything else - Any pills, potions, shampoos, creams or sprays that anybody knows of for this kind of thing?

Don't know, G, but if you find out please PM me as I have the same problem.

from a bald BM.

Hormonal maybe - is she taking any birth control pill or maybe just stopped taking .

Did she just have a baby. Very common time to lose hair.

Could be a vitamin deficiency - zinc is one that can cause skin an hair problems.

Any major illness?

These are all possible causes, need to take a look at any possible contributing factors.

Stress unless extreme is unlikely.

Well I have the answer to your wifes problem!

Neutrogena T-Gel shampoo.

I don't know what it is but the same happened with my wife but after many tries of different shampoo the T-Gel shampoo sorted he problem the same. After a shower she would have a handful of hair!

Like I say I don't know why it happened but it was solved with this - and now we are back in Laos she doesn't have any problems. I have a feeling it's something to do with her scalp and oils . .. . what though . . dunno!

take her to a trichologist, there should be one near you. they usually give topical hormones for women. womens hairloss treatments are much mre effective than mens. dont listen to all the bull about vitamins/suplements etc, its nearly always hormone related and these items will simply have a placebo effect. hairloss is statistically prevalent in south east asian women; google it. dont ignore the problem as it may just get worse. hairloss is easier to reverse in early stages.

Depends on the hair loss, everyone loses hair every day (its normal), if you have long hair it seems more apparent (there’s more to see) than people with short hair.

If the hair loss is more than normal (going bold) then go to the Doctor.

You probably do not want to try this in the United Kingdom, but about twenty years ago one of the young ladies in the village I was staying in got a large bald spot. The village 'doctor' got some ointment and placed in on the open space. Two days later, her hair was back, and she, as far as I know, never had a hair loss problem again. The magic potion, by the way, was opium.

Hair takes about three months to grow out from the root, so there is no possibility of an instant sprouting after application of a lotion. Similarly, if you are having a problem with falling hair then the cause of it will be three months previously - possibly stress in this case. It probably stopped falling out on its own and the new shampoo was just a coincidence. The three month cycle makes it hard to determine just what is happening and what works.

That said, she might like to try Country Life's Maxi-Hair vitamins pills, about as good as it gets for hair loss other than the hardcore drugs. A google search will find cheap suppliers in the US who will ship to to Thailand or UK or mail order from London.

There was quite an interesting book ages agp that offered some facial exercises for stress relief and swinging upside down for improved blood flow!

Hair takes about three months to grow out from the root, so there is no possibility of an instant sprouting after application of a lotion. Similarly, if you are having a problem with falling hair then the cause of it will be three months previously - possibly stress in this case. It probably stopped falling out on its own and the new shampoo was just a coincidence. The three month cycle makes it hard to determine just what is happening and what works.

That said, she might like to try Country Life's Maxi-Hair vitamins pills, about as good as it gets for hair loss other than the hardcore drugs. A google search will find cheap suppliers in the US who will ship to to Thailand or UK or mail order from London.

There was quite an interesting book ages agp that offered some facial exercises for stress relief and swinging upside down for improved blood flow!

Sorry but your wrong, hair grows on avarage 9cm a month.

Sorry but your wrong, hair grows on avarage 9cm a month.

When hair falls out it does not start growing immediately, it goes into a resting phase before it sprouts again, hence the three months - an average figure. Not sure about 3-4 inches a month hair growth either, sounds long more like an inch.

Most of the sources on Google are saying 1 to 2 cm pcm for the average caucasian. Wouldn't think there'd be a great difference with asians. I should think the OP would be far better off doing some googling for ideas himself.