COVID extension requirements

Hi, my mum arrived on a 30 day stamp after her tourist visa application wasn't approved on time (3 weeks later still not approved). She arrived on Sunday and the COVID visa extension last day is 25th July. Would she still be eligible to apply for the Covid extension even if she's only been here 7 days (i.e. more than 15 days remaining on entry stamp)? What are the requirements please apart from the fee (1900 baht), I can't find info on the immigration website. Thanks!

• Haha 1

She has to apply for the standard 30 day extension prior to any application for covid extension 

Given current covid situation and the fact that emergency decree was extended it's not inconceivable that covid extensions will be made available past July 25.

Watch for any announcement near July 25. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sussex said:

Thank you both. If she does a 30 day extension first she will have a 1 or 2 day overstay before departing. Risky?

No.

If it's 2 days she will pay 1000baht.

Under 24 hrs most likely no fine. 

For slightly longer overstay she could apply for extension and upon being rejected be given 7 days to leave Thailand.

Not fine, no overstay but cost of extension application 1900baht. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

To apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension she would have to apply for the normal 30 day extension allowed for a visa exempt entry before doing it.

Sorry, another couple of questions:

1) I thought 30 day entry could only be extended by 15 days? Is this 30 day extension special (1st covid extension) or is 30 days the standard extension for a visa-exempt entry?

2) Is this done at IT Square Laksi Plaza or at Chaeng Wattana?

17 minutes ago, sussex said:

1) I thought 30 day entry could only be extended by 15 days? Is this 30 day extension special (1st covid extension) or is 30 days the standard extension for a visa-exempt entry?

The 30 days is a normal extension allowed for a 30 day visa exempt entry. It has been available since August of 2014.

17 minutes ago, sussex said:

2) Is this done at IT Square Laksi Plaza or at Chaeng Wattana?

Laksi