Keeping 400k in a Thai bank

Druidian

14 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Yes I can unlike many on here I know how to do such things but the time to get everything resolved is worth the money. I assume you live on a shoe string; a cheap Charlie trying to get some glory. You wont get it on here, too many bar stool drunks for that.

Just did my marriage extension on Monday. In at 10h00 out at 10h30.

Cant think why some think it takes ages to do this.

Think people do their extensions personally and its not because they are Cheap Charlies but more that they are self sufficient

Edited by userabcd
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

but the time to get everything resolved is worth the money

TM 7 (filled out)

Marriage Certs (both originals)

Wife's Blue Book

Wife's ID card

Bank Letter

Map to house (photocopy)

Couple of family photos 

Children's Birth Certs (if you have kids)

Doesn't look like there's anything difficult there that would need the actions of an agent. In fact you'd be just as quick doing your extension in person instead of taking the trouble to travel to an agents office. No resolving, it's all pretty straight forward.

51 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Just did my marriage extension on Monday. In at 10h00 out at 10h30.

Cant think why some think it takes ages to do this.

Think people do their extensions personally and its not because they are Cheap Charlies but more that they are self sufficient

It would cost me more to go to Immigration and wait around than to pay a visa service which is why I use them

14 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

TM 7 (filled out)

Wife's Blue Book

Wife's ID card

Bank Letter

Map to house (photocopy)

Couple of family photos 

Doesn't look like there's anything difficult there that would need the actions of an agent. In fact you'd be just as quick doing your extension in person instead of taking the trouble to travel to an agents office. No resolving, it's all pretty straight forward.

It is easy but what I would pay to get there and back is more than I pay the visa company. They come to me I dont go to them.

16 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

TM 7 (filled out)

Wife's Blue Book

Wife's ID card

Bank Letter

Map to house (photocopy)

Couple of family photos 

Whilst I agree with you, your argument is flawed if you think that there is more time involved in using an agent. There is not.

"Not enough time/effort is saved to warrant paying agents fees" would clinch it for me.  (if you have the above evidence)

Just now, Photoguy21 said:

It is easy but what I would pay to get there and back is more than I pay the visa company. They come to me I dont go to them.

How can it cost more for you to go see them than them coming to see you? Surely you're paying for their time on top whereas your time is your own. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

your argument is flawed if you think that there is more time involved in using an agent.

You've confused me. 

23 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

In fact you'd be just as quick doing your extension in person instead of taking the trouble to travel to an agents office.

40 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

It would cost me more to go to Immigration and wait around than to pay a visa service which is why I use them

Don't know what you pay but surely it does not cost 12000 baht to travel to do a visa extension at immig?

17 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Don't know what you pay but surely it does not cost 12000 baht to travel to do a visa extension at immig?

Can someone please tell me how the agent skirts around the fact ones wife has to be in attendance on applying for a 'Marriage Extension'?

Edited by IvorBiggun2

3 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

You said "it would be just as quick to do it yourself". It wouldn't  -  fact.

Speed and convenience is a factor in favour of using an agent.

Cost is not.

All you save is a trip to the bank {possibly, as you'll still likely need to sign for the statement} and making a few photocopies. plus getting the KR2 from the amphur . The former your wife should be capable of and the latter she would need to do anyway.

10 minutes ago, mancub said:

plus getting the KR2 from the amphur .

Buriram IO has now deleted the requirement of showing the KR 2. So that should speeds things up a little.  ????

Edited by IvorBiggun2

1 hour ago, mancub said:

All you save is a trip to the bank {possibly, as you'll still likely need to sign for the statement} and making a few photocopies. plus getting the KR2 from the amphur . The former your wife should be capable of and the latter she would need to do anyway.

I wasn't aware that agents do extensions based on marriage.

4 hours ago, userabcd said:

It costs around 600 baht for taxis and it costs 500 for the visa service. Now I think even you can see the difference. 

36 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

New one on me. I thought the IO could only sign off on retirement. ....ask Paul on Sunday - he will know...

But 'Photoguy21' says he uses an agent for a 'Marriage Extension'. No need to ask 'Fat Boy' on Sunday. He'll just tell us 'you can't ' . Or a word similar to can't.   ????

35 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

But 'Photoguy21' says he uses an agent for a 'Marriage Extension'. No need to ask 'Fat Boy' on Sunday. He'll just tell us 'you can't ' . Or a word similar to can't.   ????

????........and Fat Boy will not be wrong.......

If Photoguy21 uses an agent for a marriage extension then he ticks all the boxes (for doing it himself) and just pays the agent to do the legwork.

Edited by hotandsticky