Immigration lady told me or at least strongly hinted that I need to leave after this covid extension

5 hours ago, RedArmy said:

I don't think that the end is near at all - I have a feeling that tomorrow, we will hear about Covid Extensions being extended again untill 25th September.

This is possible, but it is just as possible that we don't hear anything.

As usually we will post an update/document if we receive any word which supports the extension of this program.

We do mention every 2 months that if you are depending on this type of extension, and your expiration date is coming soon you should go early.

We have 2 business days left, and our team is quite busy handling the flood of inquires (not sure if we will accept cases on Monday).

No one knows what will actually happen, and just because they have extended it many times already does not automatically mean that it will be extended again.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Certainly not final curtain on staying in Thailand.

Perhaps for covid extensions.

Anyone on covid extentions most likely has their 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year at land borders available, not to mention tourist visas at places such as Vientiane.

The Emergency Decree was extended by Mr. COC, so he may extend CEs as well.

15 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

The Emergency Decree was extended by Mr. COC, so he may extend CEs as well.

The main difference is the Emergency Decree is not related to leaving the country (plenty of borders are operating again).

So it would be possible to have both an extended Emergency Decree, and no additional extension of the covid extension program.

Also the original extension was introduced during a time when outbound flights were not even possible, but this extension has turned into a long term visa for many who have been using it for multiple years now ????.

It's already quite common for some immigration offices to ask for proof of departure (like in the OP's case).

I'm sure more are hoping it is extended than, not extended.

We will just have to wait, and see like we have to do every 2 months ????.

8 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

18th of August ,so I was applying over 3 weeks to early, they took out the calender and told me to come back 7th of August and i can apply then.When I asked about tommorow being the last day, they very politely said next month will be no problem..

It is not decided and/or published yet if the CE will continue.

The immigration offices are not informed yet about what will happen with the CE.

Edited by merijn

Covid-19 extension #12 done on Tuesday 19th July. Same as always except to say that the return date has been changed back to in 2 weeks time (3rd August) from #11 (month gap).

With MonkeyPox now a thing in Thailand I can foresee an all encompassing "Infectious Diseases Extension' as a possibility!

16 hours ago, rbkk said:

Covid-19 extension #12 done on Tuesday 19th July. Same as always except to say that the return date has been changed back to in 2 weeks time (3rd August) from #11 (month gap).

With MonkeyPox now a thing in Thailand I can foresee an all encompassing "Infectious Diseases Extension' as a possibility!

For cases like this you would have no issue getting a medical extension while hospitalized, or in forced hospital isolation, there is no need for a new visa type ????

Maybe our first case in Thailand did not know: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-police-searching-for-monkeypox-infected-nigerian-man/

45 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

For cases like this you would have no issue getting a medical extension while hospitalized, or in forced hospital isolation, there is no need for a new visa type ????

Maybe our first case in Thailand did not know: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-police-searching-for-monkeypox-infected-nigerian-man/

Odd. First case but he's been here since October 2021; that's 9 months ago. Must be lot's of others then.

1 hour ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Ability to apply for these extensions has been extended by 1 month.

If i read it correctly they will also only issue a 30 extension instead of the 60 day. ( please correct me if i'm wrong) 

2 hours ago, merijn said:

If i read it correctly they will also only issue a 30 extension instead of the 60 day. ( please correct me if i'm wrong) 

No, the only change was that they extended the ability to obtain these extensions by 1 month (the extension seems to still be the full 60 day , or under consideration stamp + extension stamp)

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2022 at 7:26 PM, merijn said:

It is not decided and/or published yet if the CE will continue.

The immigration offices are not informed yet about what will happen with the CE.

Looks like they were right.

This is not a complaint, just an observation.   It appears to be a gentle transition to exiting the CE program.  My 60-day CE stampe expires on 22-Oct.  I would have been able to apply for another 60-day CE in late Sept, but since they cut the application window by 30 days (now ends 24-Aug), it shuts me out of applying one last time.  Time's up in Sept. Time to make plans to move on. Thank you Thailand...it's been fun.

Edited by audaciousnomad
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

And so many people are abusing them.

In what way have they abused them?

They must of qualified for them under the written rules or they would not of been issued.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

In what way have they abused them?

They must of qualified for them under the written rules or they would not of been issued.

AFAIR the rules were brought in because people were unable to get a flight back to their home country and I am quite happy for that to happen.

However there are flights back to almost any country in the world now so there is no need for a "Covid" extension any more. If people want to stay in Thailand then get a proper visa and extend on that.

If they don't want a proper visa such as you, I and thousands of other expats did/do then go back to their own countries and start again.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

To the contrary they have just been extended yet again. 

But why should there be covid extenions available now if flights and immigrition entry are available in/to the "home" country?

Edited by DezLez
  • Like 2

On 7/21/2022 at 8:07 AM, sometimewoodworker said:

The covid extension as mentioned could be extended again. But there is no guarantee. So they are doing due diligence in reminding you that you may not get a further extension.

i think the most realistic and best answer to this post.. I dont understand why people are still trying to use covid extension thing!? i do believe almost all countries are opened and there are many flights. So, i cannot understand why one still want to use the visa but not go back to his own country.. The only reason i can think of is the home country has more covid cases or more dangerous than thailand. If so im ok with that, but if this is another abusing the system thing.. im against it

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DezLez said:

So why is it called a COVID extension if it has nothing to do with COVID STOPPING them from leaving Thailand and entering their country?

Tbh i really dont know the real reason of this covid visa. But i know at first it created for the people who cannot fly back to home. Because there were no flights and all borders were closed. 

So im with you. I think its for covid.. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2