Immigration lady told me or at least strongly hinted that I need to leave after this covid extension

Just returned from Laksi to get my covid extension and they are asking for tickets now. Luckily I printed it out and included with my documents because it was the first thing she asked about after stating I've been here to long. She was actually very polite and in a good mood today.The guy being helped next to me was asked the same and the  IO showed my printed ticket to him . The IO helping him asked if he could get a ticket and she will stamp 60 days but he said he didnt have and got the 7 days stamp.Felt bad for him because I couldn't tell him about booking a ticket in front of the IO's. I think this is only for long term covid visa users so just a warning to be prepared before or be ready to show a ticket. 

• Like 2

Just now, DrJack54 said:

How many days remaining on your permission of stay?

18th of August ,so I was applying over 3 weeks to early, they took out the calender and told me to come back 7th of August and i can apply then.When I asked about tommorow being the last day, they very politely said next month will be no problem..

4 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

18th of August ,so I was applying over 3 weeks to early, they took out the calender and told me to come back 7th of August and i can apply then.When I asked about tommorow being the last day, they very politely said next month will be no problem..

Interesting....

In the past it appears that immigration offices/officers have no idea about covid extensions being made past any current deadline.

July 25 being in place currently.

Strangely very few comments about this recently.

Thinking most believe it's a sure thing that CE won't be available past July 25.

I'm not so sure.

Applying 3 weeks early was always touch and go.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

As Frank once sang, "and now, the end is near, the final curtain"

Certainly not final curtain on staying in Thailand.

Perhaps for covid extensions.

Anyone on covid extentions most likely has their 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year at land borders available, not to mention tourist visas at places such as Vientiane.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nickmondo said:

i think its a bit much expecting to get a Covid Extension any more.

Ok, if they are doing them, fair enough, take advantage.

But really, if you want to stay, get the correct visa.

I think that could be quite difficult if, as is most likely, the OP is under the age of 50.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Strangely very few comments about this recently.

Thinking most believe it's a sure thing that CE won't be available past July 25.

I think most believe it's a sure thing that covid extensions WILL be available past July 25. Why wouldn't they? They could've been stopped months ago.

Edited by JoseThailand

I tend to agree that they'll remain available. My rationale is the extension of the state of emergency and the CCSA.

If not, I'll go Monday and get another month. Unfortunately my current extension is through mid-August and Chiang Mai Immigration extends from date of application and not the end of your current extension.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:
8 hours ago, nickmondo said:

But really, if you want to stay, get the correct visa.

I think that could be quite difficult if, as is most likely, the OP is under the age of 50.

By voluntarily trying to live in a country that doesn't provide a suitable visa, the "difficulty" would be of his own making.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

My balls got broken because my passport photos were printed landscape not portrait on my retirement extension and you guys have been getting COVID extensions for 2 and half years no problems. GMAFB. 

Just poor preparation..

Find out what is required for extensions based on retirement.

Very straightforward 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, LikeItHot said:

My balls got broken because my passport photos were printed landscape not portrait on my retirement extension and you guys have been getting COVID extensions for 2 and half years no problems. GMAFB. 

What's  you having the wrong photos got to do with covid extensions?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

By voluntarily trying to live in a country that doesn't provide a suitable visa, the "difficulty" would be of his own making.

As usual the topic drifts.

The thread is about covid extensions.

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

As usual completely unrelated.

The government put covid extensions in place. Not you.

I have nothing against covid extension but if immigration are not giving it easy like before that's a reason, don't you think?

13 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

I have nothing against covid extension but if immigration are not giving it easy like before that's a reason, don't you think?

What do you mean "like before" 

Attached is convo from USA couple that arrived late last year on visa exempt.

They then obtained standard 30 day extension at CW.

Then tried first covid extension at Hua Hin.

Disregard immigration rife with extortion. 

Screenshot_20220721-182112.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1