Woman's football - why so much coverage

PJ71

Fully agree.

German public TV being paid by forced fees (tax like) can't get enough of it.

Must be ideologically driven by the "woke reeducation department" :angry:

Recently, July 14: Tour de France cycling, Alpe d’Huez stage, the top cycling event of the year. Just after the top cyclists passed: cut and switch over to women football Italy - Island in German TV!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Hey PJ71, you do not have to watch it.

Did you not know it is the Womens Euro 22 Competition in England at the moment, so maybe that's why it is on telly.

Fortunately I am out but see my post. Watch it or not but you pay for.

Different from private pay TV. Maybe singular to Germanys blown up public TV 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

Fortunately I am out but see my post. Watch it or not but you pay for.

Different from private pay TV. Maybe singular to Germanys blown up public TV 

In the channels on my IPTV package is an LGBT channel, which I decide not to watch but still pay for it.

Womens football is getting better all the time, apart from a lot of the goalkeepers ???? Not so much cynical fouls or over reacting to tackles. Current English team is worth watching, more entertaining than the mens virtue signalling United!

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

It totally annoys me the amount of coverage this gets nowadays, it's absalotely pathetic to watch

So why do you watch it then ? or is it you just like something to complain about ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

It totally annoys me the amount of coverage this gets nowadays, it's absalotely pathetic to watch.

It also annnoys me how many women pundits there is...

Much be such a drag for you, my sympathies. In the meantime my daughter who's 14 and in the schools football academy loves to watch an international game and so do I.

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Oh my. You poor victim.

No, I was merely answering khun BENQ's post about having paid for something but not watching. OK, there is also a Deep Sea Fishing channel which I choose not to watch either. Sorry I upset you.

Good luck to the girls for playing the sport. I have no problem with this, and I hope that they do well.

HOWEVER, the OP seems correct in that they appear to be 'overdoing' the coverage somewhat.

Now, in 2022, there are groups of society who get more attention than others.

- these lives matter

- these people need the whole month of June because of their life choices

- this gender gets a day in the year for many activities

There's not much we can do about it, sadly. ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

No, I was merely answering khun BENQ's post about having paid for something but not watching. OK, there is also a Deep Sea Fishing channel which I choose not to watch either. Sorry I upset you.

Not upset. 

"Interesting" choice to make this a gay issue though.

Nobody watches all the channels, dude.

That's the point. You choose what interests you.

7 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Hey PJ71, you do not have to watch it.

Did you not know it is the Womens Euro 22 Competition in England at the moment, so maybe that's why it is on telly.

Yes, i understand that but thanks for pointing it out and trust me i'd never watch any of it.

However any sports website you open up it's in your face, if you follow EPL then you'll understand what i'm on about with pundits, it's kinda rammed down your throat.

5 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Much be such a drag for you, my sympathies. In the meantime my daughter who's 14 and in the schools football academy loves to watch an international game and so do I.

Thanks for the sympathy. 

I'm sure there's not many grown adult men with a good knowledge of football watching the Euro's.

There was recently one of the international A teams that played an under 15's boys team and got beat about 14-0 which shows the level of their skills ( or lack thereof ).

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Not upset. 

"Interesting" choice to make this a gay issue though.

Nobody watches all the channels, dude.

That's the point. You choose what interests you.

Did you use 'dude'? lol.

You're right we choose to watch what interests us but when it hogs the headlines on sports websites when there's other major events on is to be quite frank - total nonsense.

1 minute ago, PJ71 said:

Thanks for the sympathy. 

I'm sure there's not many grown adult men with a good knowledge of football watching the Euro's.

There was recently one of the international A teams that played an under 15's boys team and got beat about 14-0 which shows the level of their skills ( or lack thereof ).

Yep they have a long way to go but ecouragement and positive feedback helps confidence and progression

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yep they have a long way to go but ecouragement and positive feedback helps confidence and progression

I enjoy other female sports, tennis / golf etc but i can't stand football.

1 minute ago, SatEng said:

I, for one, am enjoying the current women's euros

The players seems to be refreshingly down to earth, probably because they don't get paid the millions that the men do

Great game last night - absolutely enthralling - I was up until after 4am watching it and it was a classic

Looking forward to the semi-finals and rooting for England of course, but also hope to see Sweden and Netherlands go through

Well England will meet either Sweden or Belgium in the semis.

Just now, PJ71 said:

I enjoy other female sports, tennis / golf etc but i can't stand football.

Yea I noticed you can't stand womens football, reminds me a few years ago when the girls teams at my daughters school were first starting out, they got a lot of similar abuse from the boys and it really zapped their confidence with some even leaving. The team coaches all ex professional UK players, one an ex Tottenham coach soon put a stop to it and got the boys onboard. They excelled after that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yea I noticed you can't stand womens football, reminds me a few years ago when the girls teams at my daughters school were first starting out, they got a lot of similar abuse from the boys and it really zapped their confidence with some even leaving. The team coaches all ex professional UK players, one an ex Tottenham coach soon put a stop to it and got the boys onboard. They excelled after that.

Really tho, it's a male sport, next thing you know they'll be playing rugby and boxing soon, oh hold on minute......

4 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Really tho, it's a male sport, next thing you know they'll be playing rugby and boxing soon, oh hold on minute......

Now you've just shown outright sexism, no place in the world for that. Girls do play touch rugby and they also certainly take part in boxing especially Thai and kick boxing

15.  You will not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, nationality, disability, medical history, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, paternity, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant factor.

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Girls do play touch rugby

Woman actually play full on contact rugby ( many leagues but thankfully not rammed downn your throat ), it's an embarassment to the sport.

6 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Woman actually play full on contact rugby ( many leagues but thankfully not rammed downn your throat ), it's an embarassment to the sport.

Yea well seeing as you've posted this topic about football which is also an rammed down your throat then thats to be expected from you

• Thanks 1