Covid booster shot 4 at Royal Garden Plaza

The Hammer2021

11 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Do they still insist on doing the blood pressure checks?

Have you ever visited a (government) medical facility without blood pressure check :biggrin:

Also at private hospital that they checked for everyone (last year).

As far as I remember from the campaign at the village health center, they hesitate at BP > 160.

Let you sit and cool down. Try again.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

Have you ever visited a (government) medical facility without blood pressure check :biggrin:

Also at private hospital that they checked for everyone (last year).

Actually yes, I have, and so have quite a few others on this forum. I had my first AZ shot at Phyathai 2 in Bangkok almost exactly a year ago and they insisted on checking the BP, but when I went back for the second shot a few months later there were no such checks. I'm just wondering if the same thing might hold for a second booster at RGP, as I have white coat syndrome and my BP goes way up at just the sight of a doctor or nurse, never mind needles and syringes. 

21 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I don't think many people have interest in booster shots, just by the lack of posts in this thread.....I bet there is no line to get one too...

Totally agree.

I've had 1 booster but only due to travel commitments, waste of time.

• Like 1

I went there this afternoon at about 1:30. It was fairly busy, but quieter than it was back in January. Mostly Thais with a few older farangs, and I was surprised to see quite a few Thai children getting vaccinated too, there were none six months ago. All very efficient and bureaucratic as usual, I had Pfizer again.

They're closed tomorrow as it's a holiday for the King's birthday, I'm not sure about Friday which is a bridging day, but then next month they'll be doing the same thing just three days a week, on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. My yellow vaccine book was updated and stamped, so I'm all set to return to Blighty for five weeks come September.

It's entirely up to you, of course, if you want it, but as I'm in the seriously at-risk group due to age and medical conditions I was more than happy to get a second booster. And by my own experience, they're effective. The GF spent a weekend with me a few weeks after the first booster but came down with a fever as soon as she got back home. The next day she tested positive for Covid at work. It's inconceivable that I wasn't exposed to the virus during two days of eating, talking, drinking and sleeping together, yet I had no symptoms at all.

On 7/25/2022 at 10:56 AM, redwood1 said:

I don't think many people have interest in booster shots, just by the lack of posts in this thread.....I bet there is no line to get one too...

As gradual awareness  of their availability is spreading I think interest is rising. Plus the current  covid sweeping through Pattaya is ferocious by all accounts  especially  for the unvaccinated  or non boostered.

The shots  we had last  year have worn off I think.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

As gradual awareness  of their availability is spreading I think interest is rising. Plus the current  covid sweeping through Pattaya is ferocious by all accounts  especially  for the unvaccinated  or non boostered.

Worn off or not effective especially for this BA 5. . https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32836826/ It's inconceivable I haven't been exposed going through this market several times a week (buying fresh garlic +) for past years. By the way I am unvaccinated for SARS-CoV-2IMG_20220428_142835.thumb.jpg.52a762a6c12ad4324915a0dac006cec1.jpg

Edited by morrobay

I also went Wednesday around 11.00 & found it surprisingly busy. Took me about an hour to get my second Pfizer and I also got my yellow book stamped. I had a good friend die in ICU of lung fibrosis caused by long covid in March, vaccines are the main way we can change the odds in our favour & I will keep getting boosters for as long as necessary.

Edited by Harry2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Excuse my muppetry ... but because of the upheaval of moving condo, and problems here and in the UK that have occupied my mind ..... I have totally lost track about how now to get a covid booster(s) in Pattaya. (Free or paid).

I assume Royal Garden programme in this thread is finished.  

The search engine on here not getting me far, sorry if info is in a thread I cant find.

(I had 2 Pfizer last year).  

On 8/17/2022 at 4:16 PM, PAWNEESE said:

I assume Royal Garden programme in this thread is finished. 

No it's not.

I went at 12:30 yesterday but they were off having lunch.

Wandered around the RGP ground floor and did a bit of shopping and returned at 1:15 pm.

No queue, registered and the nurse filled out my form based on my Mor Prom app data, had my BP taken, and was immediately shown into the next area to be jabbed (with Phizer).

The longest thing about the whole event was the 15 minute "recovery wait" after it was over.

I got home about 1 hour later (I live out of town) and checked my Mor Prom app and it had been updated already with the latest dose data.

So yes the programme is still running, yes it is still free (and I think there is a choice of vaccines based on your earlier doses), and it is efficient and friendly.

Don't forget to bring your passport and preferably your phone with the Mor Prom app data (or vaccination book).

• Like 2

On 7/27/2022 at 8:31 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

What kind of symptoms , do you know?

I had covid omi ,2 months after my third shot , no respiratory symptoms but the leg muscle pain was brutal.

Edited by riclag

5 hours ago, riclag said:

What kind of symptoms , do you know?

I had covid omi ,2 months after my third shot , no respiratory symptoms but the leg muscle pain was brutal.

The worst symptoms  that my friends recently  reported were dreadful  sore throat- broken glass feeling on top of the usual

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Thanks 1