Change from one Ed-visa to another Ed visa

Hello everyone!

I am currently doing Ph. D in one University in Bangkok. I will complete by August. I have offer to join for post doc fellowship(ED visa itself) in another University by september. They suggested me to change visa from here itself. What documents do I need to submit at immigration?

Thank you!

You apparently are on a extension of stay based upon attending a university. I am sure your non-ed visa expired long ago.

You can change to a different university when your current extension is canceled and the apply for a new one using supporting documents from the new university.

3 minutes ago, sandysp said:

I am on a extension of ed visa now.

My collegues here as post docs have Ed visa. That is why I get confused whether it is Ed visa or researcher visa

I am sure you will be still applying for extension for attending a university.

A extension for doing research is a lot different that studying at a university.

2 minutes ago, sandysp said:

I am changing University... So it will be still extension or change of Visa? 

It will be a new extension using supporting documents from the university you will be attending.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 10:56 AM, ubonjoe said:

You apparently are on a extension of stay based upon attending a university. I am sure your non-ed visa expired long ago.

You can change to a different university when your current extension is canceled and the apply for a new one using supporting documents from the new university.

Hello..i had a doubt.. To cancel current extension, do I need a termination letter from the current University?

17 minutes ago, sandysp said:

Hello..i had a doubt.. To cancel current extension, do I need a termination letter from the current University?

You will need a letter from the University stating last day you will be attending classes.