Jump to content

Change from one Ed-visa to another Ed visa


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone!

I am currently doing Ph. D in one University in Bangkok. I will complete by August. I have offer to join for post doc fellowship(ED visa itself) in another University by september. They suggested me to change visa from here itself. What documents do I need to submit at immigration?

Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

You apparently are on a extension of stay based upon attending a university. I am sure your non-ed visa expired long ago.

You can change to a different university when your current extension is canceled and the apply for a new one using supporting documents from the new university.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on a extension of ed visa now.

My collegues here as post docs have Ed visa. That is why I get confused whether it is Ed visa or researcher visa

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, sandysp said:

I am on a extension of ed visa now.

My collegues here as post docs have Ed visa. That is why I get confused whether it is Ed visa or researcher visa

I am sure you will be still applying for extension for attending a university.

A extension for doing research is a lot different that studying at a university.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sandysp said:

I am changing University... So it will be still extension or change of Visa? 

It will be a new extension using supporting documents from the university you will be attending.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It will be a new extension using supporting documents from the university you will be attending.

Hi I had one more doubt.. This extension is for one year right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, sandysp said:

This extension is for one year right?

Yes

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 10:56 AM, ubonjoe said:

You apparently are on a extension of stay based upon attending a university. I am sure your non-ed visa expired long ago.

You can change to a different university when your current extension is canceled and the apply for a new one using supporting documents from the new university.

Hello..i had a doubt.. To cancel current extension, do I need a termination letter from the current University?

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, sandysp said:

Hello..i had a doubt.. To cancel current extension, do I need a termination letter from the current University?

You will need a letter from the University stating last day you will be attending classes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...