Eva Air No more Premium Economy BKK -> AMS

MJCM

We are finally ready to book our flights to Europe and was really surprised that Eva Air has cancelled the Premium Economy on flights from BKK -> AMS in Sept and Oct. Only classes bookable are Business and Economy!

Premium economy is (seems) only available on Eva BKK -> LHR.

The flights start in Taipei, see if they are selling them on the full route Taipei to Amsterdam, that will answer some question, it would be unusual for an airline to remove PE when others are rushing to bring it in - emirates for example

• Like 1

I think flying will never be the same.

I had a friend arrive just recently with Austrian airlines.

4 people, 2 adults and 2 children under 10 year, 3900 Euro.

Flight from Brussels to Vienna, had to pay for drinks.

From Vienna to Bangkok, for dinner got cup noodles with a glass of water, and a pudding as desert.

In the morning got 2 sandwiches in foil, a la 7/11 style.

That was it.

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

I think flying will never be the same.

I had a friend arrive just recently with Austrian airlines.

4 people, 2 adults and 2 children under 10 year, 3900 Euro.

Flight from Brussels to Vienna, had to pay for drinks.

From Vienna to Bangkok, for dinner got cup noodles with a glass of water, and a pudding as desert.

In the morning got 2 sandwiches in foil, a la 7/11 style.

That was it.

Funny you say that, I was just looking at Austrian as an alternative because they have Prem Economy.

Came to the Booking page and there was seat selection and also the possibility to add extra luggage and if I selected the seats we wanted on the 4 trips (BKK -> VIE -> AMS. AMS -> VIE -> BKK) it was an extra 12k THB just for seat selection. And the price was already at well over 100k per person!!

2 hours ago, MJCM said:

it was an extra 12k THB just for seat selection

Qatar are also charging for some seats as well now. 100 USD per individual flight for extra legroom (i.e 200 USD to UK and another 200 on return to bkk)

1 hour ago, MRToMRT said:

Qatar are also charging for some seats as well now. 100 USD per individual flight for extra legroom (i.e 200 USD to UK and another 200 on return to bkk)

Still waiting for a refund from their so called seat selection. Paid 6k baht for flight in May and they changed them without notice due to changing plane type. Bad service for biz class, food was worse than their economy class as well!

Most (all?) EVA/China air international economy seat configurations are now 10 across rows.  It used to be 9.  I think they may try squeeze in more rows as well.  Some other carriers are still 9 across for a similar price.  I won't fly EVA anymore because of this.  I really notice the narrower seat on a 12 hour flight and I am not a very big/wide guy.

Seatguru.com can help you figure out seat configurations for various airlines.

Edited by shdmn

4 hours ago, shdmn said:

Most (all?) EVA/China air international economy seat configurations are now 10 across rows.  It used to be 9.  I think they may try squeeze in more rows as well.  Some other carriers are still 9 across for a similar price.  I won't fly EVA anymore because of this.  I really notice the narrower seat on a 12 hour flight and I am not a very big/wide guy.

Seatguru.com can help you figure out seat configurations for various airlines.

Not many 9 across 777s still active. BA I think are done with their cabin upgrades - mute though as not returning to 2023 anyway, Qatar and Emirates a long time ago. Avoid the 777 as much as the 787, though the latter is even worse. I'll  favor a paint flaking A350 for cattle comfort nowadays.

Edited by mnomad

Oke looking at Finnair

Selected the date 31 August, but return date in Oct NO FLIGHTS available

Only date that is available are 6 Sept onwards and then Return Flights in Oct are available.

Both Premium Economy

Weird this!

Ps: Long wait at SIN but beats china airlines BKK -> TPE -> AMS