Creaking front suspension (not in the wet)

Creaking front suspensions... 

... Check the engine mounts... 

Of course, not all issues are the same... But, I was sure there was an issue with my front right suspension.... 

I was away at work.. Wife took the car in...  (under warranty)... all reported as ok.. noise was normal.

4 months later (and out of warranty), the car was still ‘creaking’ when going over a bump....  just not right. 

Wife took it in, they changed a little part of the suspension (not sure what)...  

I took the car for a ‘check’ test drive.. mechanic was happy, I wasn’t...  

I was told I was driving too fast !! hitting the speed bumps too hard, thats why it was making this noise.  I asked if the cars I’m following are expected to make the same noise ? !!!!

I asked why it wasn't making this same noise last year ???

I asked if I could borrow another car for a test drive and see if that makes the same noise !!!... 

Bingo....   my point was understood... 

I had no idea what the issue was... but they were serious about changing the whole suspension. 

It just didn’t feel like a suspension issue...  the suspension ‘felt' fine.. the noise was weird... especially when going over a bump while breaking...    I wasn’t going to pay for suspensions parts until we were sure. 

They investigated further and found the issue...   the engine mount... the rubber had worn, the mount eventually disconnected, wore and broke, the engine was loose at that corner (the issue wasn’t spotted months earlier)...    

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Hi. Thanks. 

Yes, other services were involved.

spacer.png

That's really no issue. ????

An issue would be spending 30,000THB on new suspension units if a dab of grease on whatever and few new pieces of rubber would be all that's needed. ???? 

Not sure if you read Thai but reading that receipt it seems you had new brakes, wheel cylinders and brake fluid. So 5k is actually not too bad..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2022 at 1:23 PM, Woof999 said:

Suspension parts are now an item where I'll always insist on OEM parts regardless of who's doing the work.

Why would you buy from OEM ?

No manufacturer makes suspension parts - Moog, KYB, et al make them.

All the OEM do is have them put in their box and double or triple the price

11 hours ago, seedy said:

Why would you buy from OEM ?

No manufacturer makes suspension parts - Moog, KYB, et al make them.

All the OEM do is have them put in their box and double or triple the price

I'm hoping that you do know what OEM means?

To update this.

The first place (one of the black and yellow franchise places in the lot of a shopping center) wanted to change all 4 suspension units for around 35k.

A well known (by expats) local shop where the Thai owner grew up in the West, speaks fluent English etc.

spacer.png

spacer.png

So we're going with this 13k option which seems honest enough instead. 

• Like 1