Chinese call center kingpin stopped at Suvarnabhumi then deported back to China on Red Notice

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture; Thai Rath

Thailand's police chief Pol Gen Suwat Changyodsuk told Thai Rath that he had become aware of the arrival of a key player in call centers from China who arrived at Suvarnabhumi airport on Friday.

Zhou Dawaei was the subject of a Red Notice after the Chinese authorities named him in a warrant for supplying workers to call centers in Cambodia and Laos.

He was detained in a holding room and interrogated reportedly admitting his involvement.

He was put back on a plane to China on Monday boarding China Southern CZ 3082. 

Suwat said that this was part of PM Prayuth Chan-ocha's drive to combat cyber crime and the peril of call centers and their impact on the Thai people. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-07-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

so I am not quite understanding this 

if he committed crimes in Thailand then why was he not arrested charged and prosecuted "in Thailand", sounds to me like they let him go free

Like most of the crooks whom have already given certain people big kick backs here no doubt and then reneged on the deal

Edited by Excel
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, smedly said:

if he committed crimes in Thailand then why was he not arrested charged and prosecuted "in Thailand", sounds to me like they let him go free

Where does the article say he committed crimes in Thailand? 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, smedly said:

The OP made no mention of his being wanted for committing crimes in Thailand...

"...Chinese authorities named him in a warrant for supplying workers to call centers in Cambodia and Laos".

Doesn't "sound like" he was freed at all.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Excel said:

Like most of the crooks whom have already given certain people big kick backs here no doubt and then reneged on the deal

Where did it state that he was wanted here or had been in a position needing to give kick backs to Thai authorities?