Where Do You Find Thai Information in 2022?

Neeranam

I d been using this forum to find information for many years but recently realize that the numbers just aren't here any more.  

Reddit seems to have taken over as well as Facebook groups. 

What other places are there to find fast information about things in Thailand?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is a search site called GOOGLE which usually gives information, and another called BING.

(Where is that sarcastic emoji? )

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2022 at 1:32 PM, KannikaP said:

There is a search site called GOOGLE

I always use Google for information, a recent example being the locations of Karen Hill Tribe villages where the "long neck" ladies can be photographed with their gold rings. I have my answer in the Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai and Golden Triangle areas. Of course, if you are after "beer bar" gossip then Google no good.

On 7/28/2022 at 12:32 PM, Neeranam said:

What other places are there to find fast information about things in Thailand?

Due to governmental and police influence/control, Thai people seem to be increasingly using Tik Tok as an uncensored and unbiased source of information, and a fast and reliable way of sharing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Which from reports puts all and sundry onto the Chinese data base for eternity.  

I just got suspended from tik tok for saying diversity is a weakness not a strength, but get away with saying long live Taiwan, weird! One more hate speech incident and banned ha ha.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, proton said:

I just got suspended from tik tok for saying diversity is a weakness not a strength, but get away with saying long live Taiwan, weird! One more hate speech incident and banned ha ha.

Not suggesting they limiting content - the issue seems to be that they have full access to everything on any device so everything is at risk and your comment on Taiwan could be the trigger to actually read what they may have already downloaded from your computers/phones.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Whats tik tok?

I get tik tok pop ups all the time, esp of one Thai woman who dresses scantily. I would like to comment but not sure of how to say 'nice legs, shame about the boat race' in Thai. 

• Haha 2

On 7/28/2022 at 1:07 PM, Denim said:

What information is wanted ?

That's the crucial thing.

For example, Google is perfect if you're happy when asking about "monkeypox in Phuket" to get in reply a list of hotels and flights there as well as the current weather.

• Like 1