DOGS in Thailand. I’ve had enough.

I understand how Thai people tolerate dogs . But as a westerner wanting to build here , it’s time to rethink where to build to get always from the local dogs. Especially the 2:30am show of turf protection that put on . Not even earplugs can help. 
Any thoughts and experiences in this topic would help . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Buy 26 rai in Isaan.

We have no issues and rarely ever see a dog.

Snakes yes. Dogs no.

After last nights turf war which now after 15 years is suddenly happening right at my gate , I am looking around ! Will stay near Packchong for the family. 
while I got you on this topic , are the snakes all year round ? Which ones should be moved on ? 
cheers mate 

13 hours ago, BAKABAS said:

After last nights turf war which now after 15 years is suddenly happening right at my gate , I am looking around ! Will stay near Packchong for the family. 
while I got you on this topic , are the snakes all year round ? Which ones should be moved on ? 
cheers mate 

Snakes are a way of life on the rice farm

Just hopefully avoid them if the best you can hope for

All dogs can learn, even Soi Dogs.  I keep a BB gun near the door onto the balcony - and if they are barking outside my house they get shot at.  I rarely hit them, as they scarper when I appear, but they all know the sound, and after 3 or 4 nights of being shot at, they now nip quietly passed my house.

I also put ground pepper and chilli powder along the house frontage, it stops then sh÷tt÷ng in front of my house.

I can still hearing the howling sessions in the distance some nights, but packs of stray dogs are inevitable in Thailand, so you just have to get used to the background noise, but at least they don't fight and sh÷t near my house.

As an added bonus, I went to a shooting range to try a real gun (a Glock) ..... and I"m a good shot after all the dog shooting practice ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Choose your area with care - you need to speak to the locals and find out heir attitudes.

Don't settle anywhere near a temple - they are sanctuaries for dogs and people will love animals there in the hope the ones will feed them.

Any dog population must have food. check their food sources - this is usually domestic garbage. BUT there is also the problem that local people think they make merit by feeding these dogs. So long as their is food there, you will NEVER get rid of dogs- 

The population depends on the availability of resources (food, water, shelter), and human acceptance. If you can restrict this, you can restrict the population.

• Thanks 1