Countersignature for a Childs First Passport

I need some advice in getting a countersignature for my children's passport photos,  first applications.

I read, that the countersignature must be either British,  Irish, EU or commonwealth,  which I am having problems in getting in Thailand.

I am planning a trip to UK by myself in a few weeks,  maybe an option is to use my parents neighbours or friends back home just to get a signatore and process everything when back in Thailand.

Interested to know if anyone else had a similar issue ? 

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Countersignature not required for passports applied for outside the UK. 

If you’re applying outside the UK

Your countersignatory must have a current British, Irish or other EU, US or Commonwealth passport.

3 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

If you’re applying outside the UK

Your countersignatory must have a current British, Irish or other EU, US or Commonwealth passport.

About 8 years ago, you could get a professional Thai to counter sigh the application .

Had to be a Doctor or Lawyer or something who could confirm that the photo is of the applicant 

This is the second child passport question I’ve seen in as many days. Admittedly, I’m American, but why not get the child’s Thai passport first, take him to Old Britannia, and then get him/her their EU or British passport? Just curious. Should deal with both anyway.

15 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

About 8 years ago, you could get a professional Thai to counter sigh the application .

Had to be a Doctor or Lawyer or something who could confirm that the photo is of the applicant 

You still can, however it does complicate the process.  

13 hours ago, Bobbie Davies said:

This is the second child passport question I’ve seen in as many days. Admittedly, I’m American, but why not get the child’s Thai passport first, take him to Old Britannia, and then get him/her their EU or British passport? Just curious. Should deal with both anyway.

Maybe the child is not eligible for a Thai passport!  In any case, a UK visa would not be issued to someone who is British.

On 7/30/2022 at 1:06 PM, Bobbie Davies said:

This is what I did, it was 19yrs ago but wouldn't recommend it, was a nightmare.