Firestick or Equivalent

Neeranam

I'm renting a house and want to buy one of these things to stick into the TV to get Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. 

Anyone know the best one? Firestick, chromecast etc and the best value for money.

I'd like Premier league football.

HUGE selection

everyone has their own favourite,

How tech savy are you?????

for example

I'm from UK so i go down the Firestick 4k MAX route, and i have added some apps to that.

• Iview HD (IPTV UK TV provider 6,500 per year) absolutely life changing for me.
  • Youtube Family Premium 299 (great service )
  • Netflix ( don't use that much, wife and kids use)
  • Disney Hotstar ( don't use that much, wife and kids use)

I use 3BB home internet 963 THB per month 1Gb speed unlimited usage.

my Firestick is Connected to Samsung QN 900A 65" TV 

Edited by bolt
  • Like 1

A fire stick is just a version of an android box, ie: a small computer that runs android operating system. Firestick is amazons version, Chromecast is googles version. There isn't really a "best" one, there are different specs, features, prices etc. 

They will all run apps for streaming etc, the legal route requires the apps and subscriptions to prime, Netflix, premier league etc. The illegal route involves loading apps that connect to these services for free, you will often have to change/setup the illegal apps as they get shutdown etc.

Most of the internet service providers sell a version of an android box as an add-on to your service, and they may also include the subscriptions for premier league etc.

There is usually a guy in the local IT mall that sells the boxes all set-up with the illegal apps.

• Thanks 1

I have both Chromecast and Fire TV which I prefer because I got a package in UK with almost all streaming sites including SKY Sports, for £30 a year. And as said before, I have put Express VPN onto it so iPlayer etc are available. And I find it is easier to control than C'cast

• Like 2

Mi Box S 4K.

Really good value and upgrades OTA.

Download KODI from Google Playstore.  

Install the "Crew app" in KODI   you'll get options for any Sports, Movies, TV shows that you want. You won't even need a VPN.

KODI Link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.xbmc.kodi

Even pay per views. 

Here's a link to Troy point. Com instructions for installing to Kodi.

https://troypoint.com/crew-kodi-addon/

Trypoints website has plenty of simple steps for add on's to your Android box or Amazon Stick.

You'll need descent WiFi. 

All free. 

Screenshot_20220731-134953_Lazada.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bolt said:

HUGE selection

everyone has their own favourite,

How tech savy are you?????

for example

I'm from UK so i go down the Firestick 4k MAX route, and i have added some apps to that.

• Iview HD (IPTV UK TV provider 6,500 per year) absolutely life changing for me.
  • Youtube Family Premium 299 (great service )
  • Netflix ( don't use that much, wife and kids use)
  • Disney Hotstar ( don't use that much, wife and kids use)

I use 3BB home internet 963 THB per month 1Gb speed unlimited usage.

my Firestick is Connected to Samsung QN 900A 65" TV 

Thanks, not tech savy.

So I can just buy a firesstick online and plug it in and am ready to go?

Is firestick better than the Chinese ones?

22 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I have both Chromecast and Fire TV which I prefer because I got a package in UK with almost all streaming sites including SKY Sports, for £30 a year.

How can you watch Sky Sports here? 

51 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Thanks, not tech savy.

So I can just buy a firesstick online and plug it in and am ready to go?

Is firestick better than the Chinese ones?

Plug it in and go YES

firestick isn't any better than Chinese Short answer No

I think very similar prices now 30-40 USD,

These devices are basically mini computers, without Keyboard, Screen etc, they normally have minimum Storage also as this concept is all about streaming.

HUGE selection, but you'll have to install Software-App's (Programmes) to really use it properly, each device manufacturer will try and make you use their own Software-App's.

I pay arguably too much for my UK TV 6,500 THB per year, but I've tried so called free stuff and cheaper stuff, and after 12-18 months the software goes a bit funny.

so i pay and I'm extremely happy with the service, no VPN as that must already be incorporated into the software Application. I can rewind the TV channels for 7 rolling days, and watch for example last night News at 10 as live, it also has a library of recent movies & TV (catch up Video on demand VOD).

PM me and i can send you link to the one I use.

good luck and play around with whatever you get

Edited by bolt
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Did you need to buy it there?

I am going to the UK in 2 months, would it be wise getting it there?

Do you get Corry?

You can buy the Fire Stick anywhere, I paid £50  for 4k version on Amazon UK. The package I use is called Zoo TV and I can PM you the guys details, only contact him via Message or What's App. You still need a VPN to get UK terrestrial channels, which includes Corry if you REALLY want to watch it. But all Sky Channels, Discovery, History, Albanian TV etc are included.

If you like Corry, have you seen Buggernation on You Tube?

Edited by KannikaP

On 7/31/2022 at 1:22 PM, Peterw42 said:

A fire stick is just a version of an android box, ie: a small computer that runs android operating system. Firestick is amazons version, Chromecast is googles version. There isn't really a "best" one, there are different specs, features, prices etc. 

They will all run apps for streaming etc, the legal route requires the apps and subscriptions to prime, Netflix, premier league etc. The illegal route involves loading apps that connect to these services for free, you will often have to change/setup the illegal apps as they get shutdown etc.

Most of the internet service providers sell a version of an android box as an add-on to your service, and they may also include the subscriptions for premier league etc.

There is usually a guy in the local IT mall that sells the boxes all set-up with the illegal apps.

Thanks mate !

I'll take a trip to the local mall. 

1 hour ago, bolt said:

Plug it in and go YES

firestick isn't any better than Chinese Short answer No

I think very similar prices now 30-40 USD,

These devices are basically mini computers, without Keyboard, Screen etc, they normally have minimum Storage also as this concept is all about streaming.

HUGE selection, but you'll have to install Software-App's (Programmes) to really use it properly, each device manufacturer will try and make you use their own Software-App's.

I pay arguably too much for my UK TV 6,500 THB per year, but I've tried so called free stuff and cheaper stuff, and after 12-18 months the software goes a bit funny.

so i pay and I'm extremely happy with the service, no VPN as that must already be incorporated into the software Application. I can rewind the TV channels for 7 rolling days, and watch for example last night News at 10 as live, it also has a library of recent movies & TV (catch up Video on demand VOD).

PM me and i can send you link to the one I use.

good luck and play around with whatever you get

Firestick is certified to play NetFlix in high definition. Cheap Chinese boxes cannot.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Damn, it doesn't have a USB. 

I guess I can't use a firestick? 

20220801_140721.jpg

Firestick connects to the HDMI, same with any android box. The Tv becomes the screen for the box

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/1/2022 at 11:57 AM, Neeranam said:

How can you watch Sky Sports here? 

I know people say you get what you pay for but it seems this does not always apply to IPTV streams.
The Snip below gives an idea of the quality of the IPTV streams I use:-

image.png.d040c17ac6e505780802a6a5931664f4.png

The Snip is from the Discord Support forum.

Regarding LeamingSpaceman's comment on support, most support questions are answered and resolved in between 5-30 minutes.
My IPTV supplier has over 100 resellers supplying IPTV to more than 55k customers based all over the world which just shows they must be doing something right.
With that many customers they can offer low pricing of £60 annually with a very reliable IPTV stream to boot, see the Snip above ????
If you want further info. please DM me with your questions and I will do my best to answer and, if I don't know the answer, I know a man who does ????
BTW: The £60 annual sub includes PPV with 7 days of Catch-up on UK streams ????

Finally, my recommendations for a Set Top Box are either an Amlogic X96 Air or an X96 x4.
Both STB's have an excellent CPU for streaming IPTV and are available from Lazada or AliExpress with 4GB eMMC (mistakenly called RAM) and 64GB of storage.
If you want a cheaper alternative go for an Amlogic X96 Max+