Marriage Affirmation - MOFA legalize

hhtown

Can anyone please confirm how long MOFA take to legalize a Marriage Affirmation.                    As one translation service states 2 or 3 days another states  3 or 4 weeks 

Also is it mandatory to have your passport certified ?

TIA

It depends, but 2-4 working days is normal. I've never heard of it taking 3 or 4 weeks. Possibly steer clear of that office.

In the normal course of events it will take 2 days. Day 1 will be generating the translation, day 2 will be submission. Normally you would collect the document late on day 2 or on day 3.

The problem the translators might have is that they can transliterate your name perfectly, take it to the MFA who will disagree with one character and the document has to be resubmitted, normally the next day, which would be day 3, adding 1 day to the process.

If the district office asks for a certified copy of your passport then it's mandatory. Certain district offices vary slightly in their requirements.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blackcab said:

It depends, but 2-4 working days is normal. I've never heard of it taking 3 or 4 weeks. Possibly steer clear of that office.

In the normative course of events it will take 2 days. Day 1 will be generating the translation, day 2 will be submission. Normally you would collect the document late on day 2 or on day 3.

The problem the translators might have is that they can transliterate your name perfectly, take it to the MFA who will disagree with one character and the document has to be resubmitted, normally the next day, which would be day 3, adding 1 day to the process.

If the district office asks for a certified copy of your passport then it's mandatory. Certain district offices vary slightly in their requirements.

Thanks for your help, I will look at other offices, 3 to 4 weeks seems irregular .  I will double check with my Amphur - Hua Hin to see if a certified passport is required .

On 7/31/2022 at 8:22 PM, blackcab said:

Don't forget that there are offices in Bangkok that can do things through the post or Line app.

Thanks.

Can anyone reccomend a translation service with a quick MOFA turn around, near to British embassy 

TIA 

38 minutes ago, hhtown said:

Thanks any idea how long from MOFA to legalize ?

The legalization process is completed the same day as the document is submitted at the MFA unless the MFA want the document edited/corrected. In which case the translation agency will edit the submission and re-submit the next working day.

When I used this particular agency you could send them a pdf scan of your document by email or line app, bank transfer them the money and they would post the documents back to you by EMS post. You didn't even have to go to their office.

On 8/5/2022 at 5:31 PM, blackcab said:

The legalization process is completed the same day as the document is submitted at the MFA unless the MFA want the document edited/corrected. In which case the translation agency will edit the submission and re-submit the next working day.

When I used this particular agency you could send them a pdf scan of your document by email or line app, bank transfer them the money and they would post the documents back to you by EMS post. You didn't even have to go to their office.

Thanks for your help 

• Like 1