Are you capable of becoming a World Record Holder?

webfact

image.jpeg

Recently I read about a 53-year-old man in the Philippines who is training to become a Guinness World Record holder by breaking the fastest 100 metres run backwards!

At 72 years old perhaps the only record that springs to mind is I could try to break the falling asleep in front of the TV record perhaps.

We have all read about some of the crazy stunts people get up to.

What is the most unique world record?

•    Most piercings in a lifetime. Elaine has over 4,000 piercings (Picture: Guinness World Records) ...
•    Stretchiest skin. ...
•    Skinniest waist. ...
•    Longest tongue on a dog. ...
•    Longest fingernails (female) ...
•    Longest moustache. ...
•    Longest metal coil passed through the nose and out of the mouth. ...
•    World's tallest dog.

Here are a few World Records to break while you are stuck at home
•    Most socks put on one foot in 30 seconds. ...
•    Tallest toilet paper tower in 30 seconds. ...
•    Most Smarties eaten in 60 seconds blindfolded using chopsticks. ...
•    Fastest time to arrange the alphabet from a can of alphabet spaghetti. ...

Thailand’s own World Records

Thailand holds a few records themselves like when the country celebrated a new Guinness world record for the biggest Mango Sticky Rice at 4,500 kilos.

The largest Thai dance was achieved by 5,255 participants at an event organised by Udon Thani Municipality at the Prince Prajak Silpakom Monument, Udon Thani, Thailand, on 18 January 2014.

If you also want the fame of becoming a record-holder according to The Guinness World Record website you will require determination, extraordinary skills, and commitment. 

Before applying for an existing record, you will need to check the current Do you think you could break a Guinness World Record? information and make sure you’ve got what it takes to break the record.

If you are suggesting a new record idea, they recommend that you spend some time searching their current records to see what may already have been achieved in your area of expertise. 

Every newly approved record idea must be significantly different from existing records and demonstrate a completely new skill. 

image.jpeg

Being the first to suggest a record does not immediately qualify for acceptance, with around 60% of applications for new records being rejected. 

However, they are always looking for exciting new ideas to reflect the world’s diversity.

Check the What makes a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS record title page and familiarise yourself with our record breaking criteria and policies.

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records/what-makes-a-guinness-world-records-record-title/ 

Each record title must fulfil all the following criteria. They must be:

•    Measurable – Can it be measured objectively? What is the unit of measurement? We do not accept applications based on subjective variables. For example - beauty, kindness, loyalty.
•    Breakable – Can the record be broken? Our record titles must be open to being challenged.
•    Standardisable - Can the record be repeated by someone else? Is it possible to create a set of parameters and conditions that all challengers can follow?
•    Verifiable - Can the claim be proven? Will there be accurate evidence available to prove it occurred?
•    Based on one variable - Is the record based on one superlative and measured in one unit of measurement?
•    The best in the world - Has anyone else done better? If your record suggestion is new, then Guinness World Records will set a challenging minimum requirement for you to beat.

Invite an adjudicator
There's nothing quite like the presence of an Official Guinness World Records Judge to create a sense of prestige, attract media and enhance the emotional connection between your brand and audience.

image.jpeg

Is applying for Guinness World record free?
All existing record titles (those already in our records database) are free of charge through the standard application process. If you want to apply for a new record title (something that you cannot find in our database), a non-refundable administration fee of £5/$5 (plus VAT) applies.

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/account/register?ReturnUrl=%2Faccount 

1.    Register for an account
2.    You will receive an email with an activation link. Click on the link, and you will be brought to a dashboard page.
3.    Click on the green ‘Apply for a record’ button.
4.    Search for the record that you want to break.
5.    When you find the record, click the ‘Apply Now’ button. If you cannot find the record you can apply for a new one by clicking ‘Apply for a new record title’ at the bottom of the page.
6.    Complete the application form.

Maybe you too could become a new Guinness World Record holder too.

‘It would give you bragging rights at your local bar, and it would be something to impress the grandchildren too.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-08-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

I am a record holder with those thieves. I wrote to them about something I've done that is repeatable and verifiable. Cost me $5 USD. They assured me there was no one else holding that record and for $1000 USD it would be entered into their records. Yeah, no.

Maybe from all the nonsense I had to endure in the past three years living here.  Could be worlds record. 
It’s more in those years here than I have experienced in my whole life

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, swm59nj said:

Maybe from all the nonsense I had to endure in the past three years living here.  Could be worlds record. 
It’s more in those years here than I have experienced in my whole life

Only 3 years eh?

Stick around, it gets better or worse, depending on how one views "nonsense".????????

On 8/3/2022 at 4:13 AM, webfact said:

If you also want the fame of becoming a record-holder according to The Guinness World Record website you will require determination, extraordinary skills, and commitment. 

Dedication, mmm dedication, dedication, that's what you need. If you want to be the best, if you want to beat the rest. Oh, dedication that's what you need.

If you want to be a record breaker yeah...

On 8/3/2022 at 6:14 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

I am a record holder with those thieves. I wrote to them about something I've done that is repeatable and verifiable. Cost me $5 USD. They assured me there was no one else holding that record and for $1000 USD it would be entered into their records. Yeah, no.

We’re you going for world record gullibility?  I only paid 500 USD for that, but it was a while back

On 8/4/2022 at 9:27 AM, Lucky Bones said:

Only 3 years eh?

Stick around, it gets better or worse, depending on how one views "nonsense".????????

I don't understand the remark. Thailand  is the most easy  straightforward  place to live in for a foreigner. There is no nonesense compared to Indian  Bureaucracy,  British  pettiness,  Arabian rules  and regulations, American culture, French...etc.

• Like 1