Current Covid-related Entry Criteria to Thailand - Help Request

Having been effectively locked down in one way or another in the UK since early 2020, a return to Thiailand is now possible.  The intention is to get a Non-Imm O visa via the London Embassy and apply later in Thailand for an annual extension on the basis of retirement.

But I'm not clear on what the remaining covid-related requirements are. 

I think -

you need to have proof of vaccination, but

you do not need to have a covid test just prior to the inward flight, and 

that there is no isolation on arrival in a designated hotel for any specified period, but

you do need to have relevant insurance cover, though I'm not sure exeacly what that is or where best to get it.

Is this correct?  Am I missing anything?

With thanks in advance.

14 minutes ago, tomdfc said:

The intention is to get a Non-Imm O visa via the London Embassy and apply later in Thailand for an annual extension on the basis of retirement

Obtaining non O retirement in your country will require insurance with 90 day cover.

I suggest you look at option of enter Thailand visa exempt or tourist visa and obtain the non O retirement in Thailand.

The other comments you point out about entry requirements are correct.

Have some proof of vaccination (even if not required);

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, tomdfc said:

Having been effectively locked down in one way or another in the UK since early 2020, a return to Thiailand is now possible.

Unfortunately you are one of the people who believed the lockdown and no travel nonsense. At no time was I stopped coming to Thailand. I came here for 7 months in Oct 19, Oct 20 and Nov 21. Granted I had to do quarantine on arrival, but I wasnt stopped from leaving the UK.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, tomdfc said:

But I'm not clear on what the remaining covid-related requirements are. 

I can't speak for requirements for a visa application, but for the actual travel it might depend on which airline you use and even the check-in agent. The one on the Thai Airways desk at Heathrow yesterday had a little niggle at the screen grab of the Mor Prom app QR code which clearly showed my name and "vaccinated", and wanted to know how many times I'd been vaccinated. The app wouldn't let me in because it didn't recognise the UK sim in my phone, so I fished out the paper certificate which satisfied him. Whether his colleagues would have been so punctilious is anybody's guess.

At Suvarnabhumi this morning there were no checks or demands for Covid documentation at all, just a couple of staff handing out little cards telling you to watch out for monkeypox. All you need at the Immigration desk is your passport and the boarding card for the flight you've just arrived on, so don't lose that.

Covid insurance is long forgotten.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimn said:

Unfortunately you are one of the people who believed the lockdown and no travel nonsense. At no time was I stopped coming to Thailand. I came here for 7 months in Oct 19, Oct 20 and Nov 21. Granted I had to do quarantine on arrival, but I wasnt stopped from leaving the UK.

Don't get the impression that he was complaining about being prevented from leaving the UK but rather more about the cumbersome bureaucratic hurdles with which he would have been faced until recently in being able to re-enter Thailand (relating, I strongly suspect, to nonsensical Test & Go procedures and COVID insurance requirements, coming as they did on top of the need for a Certificate Of Entry initially or Thailand Pass subsequently - which, in turn. necessitated the conversion of supporting docs from PDF to JPG formats, with some having to be carefully cropped as well). In other words, a lockdown in all but name imposed by the powers-that-be here in LOS, I think.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, OJAS said:

Don't get the impression that he was complaining about being prevented from leaving the UK but rather more about the cumbersome bureaucratic hurdles with which he would have been faced until recently in being able to re-enter Thailand (relating, I strongly suspect, to nonsensical Test & Go procedures and COVID insurance requirements, coming as they did on top of the need for a Certificate Of Entry initially or Thailand Pass subsequently - which, in turn. necessitated the conversion of supporting docs from PDF to JPG formats, with some having to be carefully cropped as well). In other words, a lockdown in all but name imposed by the powers-that-be here in LOS, I think.

No I think he is referring to being locked down and prevented from leaving the UK, which was totally untrue.

• Sad 1