Trees Experts Needed ! ????????

Hello everyone ! 

As you may know m, searching everything related to plants/tree in thailand is kind of hard when you don’t read/speak Thai. 
I am whiling to build a House (in Kanchanaburi). 
i have a nice outdoor area where I would like to plant a big tree with a nice canopy. 
the issue I have is that the tree would not be very far from the house, and I really don’t have any ideas about which one to choose. 
the House has a Japanese vibe, and I would like a tree that fit that vibe. Something with light green or colorful leaves would be appreciable. A noté too dense canopy would be nice too, if we can see some light between leaves would be perfect. I am ok with flowering trees. 
I have Terminalia Ivorensis at my Condo un Bangkok, i love the tree, his shape, the small leaves, the color etc… but seems to not be ideal to plant to close to the house due to the strong roots. I like Flowering trees like the Delonix Regia or the ChompooPantips , both very nice but still not sure that it is a good idea ???? 

Really need the help of some expert to give me advices on some species that could fit my home.

here are some pictures of the garden to let you see the distance and layout.

( as you can see on the pics the tree should be at the same place as the one on the renders)

077E8847-04F8-4813-BF0E-EE8E7556CB59.jpeg

1FA78CE4-20CF-480F-A4C2-98A9C86ABAA6.jpeg

E26B085A-996D-4B5C-BECB-2EC9DBD605A2.jpeg

Consider Ton Bpeep, Millingtonia hortensis  (tree jasmine or Indian cork tree). 

Medium size evergreen tree, small leaves, gorgeous and highly fragrant when in full bloom. 

But to be frank, from the photos, I am concerned with your garden not being suitable for any tree other than a small-medium size palm, on more than 5 to 10 year plan.  The wall, hardscape, and extremely restricted area for a tree to develop an extensive root zone, does not represent good growing conditions and ability to manage soil fertility and appropriate watering. (Which could have something to do with the existing tree being so sparse and in decline.) And then there is the risk of root encroachment and damage to the planter wall and gravel bed, which even roots from a small or medium tree will do in time. 

If you do decide to plant a medium size tree in the place of the existing tree, I would recommend that you install a root barrier inside the planter perimeter, 1.5 - 2 ft (45 - 60 cm) deep, rigid plastic composite or reinforced concrete/ferro-cement, to deflect lateral root growth, and give your hardscapes a few years without damage. 

BTW, in my opinion, I don't see much of a Japanese garden theme, except maybe the gravel bed having some resemblance to a Zen sand or gravel garden. If you could find a niwa-ki stylized pine or topiary tree, and add a water feature, then that may give some semblace to a Japanese garden feeling, and would preserve your hardscape. But you wouldn't get any shade value. 

Mine is just one remote opinion, I'm not there and don't know your available resources.  Post your decisions and results please. Don

Ton Bpeep.jpg