Agency for transferring ownership of vehicles?

I have eight vehicles... Six cars and two motorcycles. Yes I know it's too many.

I'm going to be leaving Thailand for an extended period of time. I'd like to just transfer them all into my daughters name. She is a Thai citizen and an adult.

She's busy and I really don't want to bother her with a day at the transportation office. Is there some agency that can help me transfer all of these vehicles easily for some reasonable fee.

Its a fairly simple process... 

A coupe of forms (per vehicle).

- Transfer of vehicle form

- Power of attorney form (for recipient to act on your behalf at DLT).

- Signed copy of your Passport and Visa page.

- Signed page on Blue / Green Books.

You’d need this for each vehicle - then your daughter could go down to the DLT and make the transfers into her name (if she has time, although you said she doesn’t).

As far as agencies - I’m not sure.

Perhaps the same agents who help with driving licences can also do this (they may be familiar with how the DLT works) - they usually advertise on facebook. 

Going the agency route with a power of attorney letter obviously comes with the risk of fraud. I would be better for your daughter to go there personally than using an agent you were just introduced to.

--------

I’m sure you’ll get a load of PM’s from hard done by foreigners looking to pick up a little quick cash to help out !!! ( I remember when I was looking for a driver I received a hand full of PM’s from forum members looking to offer their ‘driving services’ !!! ) 

Edited by richard_smith237

Go to one of the vehicle inspection places that issue the annual registration stickers. The places with the gear as a symbol

They have the paperwork necessary to transfer vehicle ownership.

The one I went to by my old house in Udon helped us fill out the forms correctly. Saves a trip to the DLT

When I was about to leave Thailand permanently we went to one and signed the forms, I left a signed copy of my passport and my housekeeper got my pickup truck transferred after I left.

On 8/4/2022 at 11:08 PM, kwonitoy said:

Go to one of the vehicle inspection places that issue the annual registration stickers. The places with the gear as a symbol

They have the paperwork necessary to transfer vehicle ownership.

The one I went to by my old house in Udon helped us fill out the forms correctly. Saves a trip to the DLT

When I was about to leave Thailand permanently we went to one and signed the forms, I left a signed copy of my passport and my housekeeper got my pickup truck transferred after I left.

Does the "new" owner have to visit the LTD to complete the transfer ?

This is what the OP wants to avoid as the "new" owner is busy and a day at the LTD is an inconvenience to her.

10 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Does the "new" owner have to visit the LTD to complete the transfer ?

This is what the OP wants to avoid as the "new" owner is busy and a day at the LTD is an inconvenience to her.

As far as I can tell you can do it at the registration place, I was gone by the time my housekeeper did the paperwork