CW open Aug 12?

Any experience if they might honor an appointment one day before the holiday,  at 2pm? Just for 90 day report

(I once had an appointment a day before holidays at 3pm, for visa extension.  I was sent home. )

29 minutes ago, Lorry said:

give me an appointment on friday, Aug 12.

"Perfect" Thai IT. Holiday calendar is too complicated.

Closed of course.

You can not do online 90 day report?

What is your due date?

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, Lorry said:

Oh

1178 says CW is open on the 11th, i hope it's true

Absolutely.

Surprising that CM closes on 11.

They don't show it on their calendar on the website.

But who knows, a regional holiday?

15 hours ago, movsrus said:

Chiang Mai immigration is closed on 11 and 12 for the holiday.

What is your source for this?

From the Chiangmai Immigration Facebook page...

“Long Holiday Office Closure Notice

Please be informed that Chiangmai Immigration office will be closed on Her Majesty Queen Sirikit, The Queen Mother's Birthday/

National Mother's Day from Friday, August 12th to Sun, August 14th, 2022”

13 hours ago, Lorry said:

No, it's the first report.  I tried online anyway but was rejected. 

Your first report has nothing to do with it.  The new reporting system, released earlier this year, allows for first-time reporting.  It may reject you for many reasons, but that's not one of them.  It should have told you the reason.  It is very picky about your address though - it must match what you have on your TM30. 

17 hours ago, Lorry said:

Any experience if they might honor an appointment one day before the holiday,  at 2pm? Just for 90 day report

(I once had an appointment a day before holidays at 3pm, for visa extension.  I was sent home. )

Why are you so focused on the 12th?  When is your report due?  Online reporting allows from 15 days before up to the due date.  In-person reporting allows from 15 days before until 7 days after.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, klg333 said:

Your first report has nothing to do with it. 

That's what their hotline 1178 told me after i was rejected.

The email gave no reason for rejection. 

It is very picky about your address though

That explains a lot. Immigration got my address wrong before. 

There are many ways to write it.

it must match what you have on your TM30. 

I don't have a TM30.

I have a receipt of notification like the one at the bottom of TM47. (I got it when i did my first yearly extension)

The IO wrote my address on that paper, i will try to use what she wrote for my 90days report .

Thx

Edited by Lorry

2 hours ago, Lorry said:

I don't have a TM30.

I have a receipt of notification like the one at the bottom of TM47. (I got it when i did my first yearly extension)

The IO wrote my address on that paper, i will try to use what she wrote for my 90days report .

Thx

Every time you stay in a new place, even for 1 night, the property owner is required by law to file a TM30.  I'm surprised they haven't required one from you before. Maybe it was filed and you just don't have a copy of it? 

Appointments are great but are not required.  Can you just do a walk-in on the 11th?  I don't use Bangkok, but isn't there a separate line just for 90-day reporting?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, klg333 said:

Every time you stay in a new place, even for 1 night, the property owner is required by law to file a TM30.  I'm surprised they haven't required one from you before. Maybe it was filed and you just don't have a copy of it? 

The TM30 rules were changed in 2020. A TM30 report is not longer needed unless you change your address that you use at immigration or you enter the country with a new visa.

• Like 2