Tourist reporting to immigration

Hello,

I'm currently on holiday with the missus, (thai) her other friend has come at the same time and they've just told my missus that I have to report to our local immigration and tell them where I'm staying otherwise I will have to pay 800thb, is this true ? I'm only here for 2 weeks and I thought reporting was only if you're on a proper visa not just a visa on arrival.

Thanks

Thai residence or hotel need inform police that in they premises live foreigner . Maybe they mean that, every bigger hotel doing that. But if you stay Thai house , house owner whitch read in blue book need do that. Normaly not get fine if not do that but fine is 2000 bth if i remember right.

21 hours ago, RedArmy said:

2 weeks holiday ???

And the paranoia has kicked in already.

Relax brother, stop listening to people waffling  <deleted>, chill & enjoy your holiday.

I was more motivated to prove the missus and her mate wrong haha I was sure it wasn't the case I had to tell immigration exactly where I was every time I moved, (some of the goverment would love that power mind)

Thank you everyone

2 hours ago, Gwen1234 said:

I was more motivated to prove the missus and her mate wrong haha I was sure it wasn't the case I had to tell immigration exactly where I was every time I moved, (some of the goverment would love that power mind)

Thank you everyone

except that the missus and her mate are mostly correct. a TM30 is technically required.

hotels will mostly do the TM30 for you after you check in using the online system. but if you stay in a private residence then technically they should be reporting you as well. either by a visit to the local immi or via the online system. 

but as Ubon Joe pointed out, not worth worrying about unless you need to do something at immigration like "extend your visa" or 90 day report in the event you decide to stay longer. if you can't show a printed TM30 receipt then expect to cop a B2,000 fine.

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Like 1