Retirement Visa For Under 50 ?

I have heard of certain people out there with the so called retirement visa that are under 50, I asume they required the visa with a little cash under the table ?

Are you one of those people ? if so do you want to admit to it ?

The reason I ask is I will be going back to Europe for a few weeks but I would like to return on a oneway ticket so that I would be able to buy next years ticket from here as I think it would be cheeper,

Am I right in thinking that its no problem returning here on a one way ticket if you have a retirement visa, but it could be a problem trying to get back in on a one way ticket if all you have is a non immigrant o visa ?

I have heard of certain people out there with the so called retirement visa that are under 50...

I have seen no report from any ThaiVisa member that a Thai consulate issued a retirement visa, ie a non-immigrant visa category O-A, to a person less than 50 years old. If you can get it, you will be the first one, but I doubt very much that you will succeed.

--

Maestro

Well, Thai's consider themselves to be 50 when they reach their 50th Year,

i.e. 49+ one day.

You might be able to persuade the embassy to take the same view of you, but I doubt.

One rule for Thais, another for farangs. :o

I have heard of certain people out there with the so called retirement visa that are under 50...

I have seen no report from any ThaiVisa member that a Thai consulate issued a retirement visa, ie a non-immigrant visa category O-A, to a person less than 50 years old. If you can get it, you will be the first one, but I doubt very much that you will succeed.

--

Maestro

Not a chance. The immigration regulations on extensions are very very clear.

I think you will find that a one way ticket will cost you just about the same as a return ticket anyway.

One way tickets are very seldom discounted so you may as well buy a discount return ticket where you are flying from and then throw away the return part and buy the new return ticket in Thailand.

The problem is that, if you are only coming here once a year, you need a one year ticket and that may be more expensive than a shorter duration ticket purchased in your home country.

Well, Thai's consider themselves to be 50 when they reach their 50th Year,

i.e. 49+ one day.

You might be able to persuade the embassy to take the same view of you, but I doubt.

Problem is he's only 23 :o

I have heard of certain people out there with the so called retirement visa that are under 50, I asume they required the visa with a little cash under the table ?

Are you one of those people ? if so do you want to admit to it ?

The reason I ask is I will be going back to Europe for a few weeks but I would like to return on a oneway ticket so that I would be able to buy next years ticket from here as I think it would be cheeper,

Am I right in thinking that its no problem returning here on a one way ticket if you have a retirement visa, but it could be a problem trying to get back in on a one way ticket if all you have is a non immigrant o visa ?

non immigrant O visa is ok,u dont need a return ticket

I think you will find that a one way ticket will cost you just about the same as a return ticket anyway.

One way tickets are very seldom discounted so you may as well buy a discount return ticket where you are flying from and then throw away the return part and buy the new return ticket in Thailand.

The problem is that, if you are only coming here once a year, you need a one year ticket and that may be more expensive than a shorter duration ticket purchased in your home country.

Dead right ZZZ, I just bought a one way ticket KUL to LHR and it cost me just short of 4000 Ringgit (40,000 THB :o ), that's only a shade short of the price of a return. Also I'm just buying a one year LHR - BKK return on EVA and its costing 840 GBP (circa 60,000 THB :D:D ). Although I did get a very good price on Austrian airlines via Vienna (just over 600 GBP) but the connection time is too tight for comfort (40 minutes).

So yes, one way and one year/open returns are not really economic options unless, like me, it is business oriented.

Thank you for your replys everyone, it would sound like the stories I have heard over the years about people around 48/49 getting retirement visas are just that, stories !

Also the ticket, if I can get a oneway with a non immigrant o things should be ok, but as was pointed out theres next to nothing in the price ! Oh well, thats life.