TM6 NOT REQUIRED ON VISA EXEMPTION ARRIVAL AT BKK AIRPORT means?

Cheese mates. ????

I am actually in india looking forward to  spent some time in LOS like i did back in the mid 00' with a number - cert not small- of visa runs down to penang or elsewhere....

Its really hard to get a visa from here and not so straight forward as it used to be ... -looking at other threads sounds like thai officials are not so keen on visa runners like back on the days where there was no hassle dassle  and stamp was given right away following whatever fee.....-

Here in India perhaps due to covid -but might probably stay that way- embassy's and consulates are not anymore dealing with visa applicants letting it on hands of some external indian company vfs to do all previous work .....they do the same with apparently most embassys like schengen ,uk or aus/nz. ..so whenever i contact this guys they want me to go through all paperwork locals would need - im spanish citizen - .....they probably do not give a rats <deleted> im european and get 30 days visa exemption w/o no question whatsoever so why should it be so much diferent for 60 days....thais want and specially need flow tourist to go back to its prime. !!!..- on paper-

...and they throw their local pride at me like so what you shall go through like we do... 

Some guy behind some sort of help desk even wanted me to tell them all itirenary of 60 days i was gonna go through ....with hotels!!  i loudly  laughed at him...ridiculous for people traveling long with no pre plan whatsoever ...pointed it out to them ...its rules..bullsheet i said like its the plane ticket out huge porcentage of countries ask for but huge porcentage of those really do not really look into unless coming from inmigration not wanted to overflow origins ...  Pointed out also about the ticket out wich back in the days was not needed....so what if i do extension wich is very likely...,shall i lose that $°°..

........anyways... So i decided to just fly ,do not really want to go back to that office again lose time and nerves even tough most indians are quite allright very polite and honest those related with tourism can be a pain in the *.....

And so ill get the visa exemption 30 days..i could try in KATHMANDU but my visa runs out here and allready have ticket out to bkk....

So my question is since i read in some sites like here https://www.thaiembassy.com/weekly-updates/thailand-entry-requirements-august-2022

TM6 is NOT REQUIRED anymore does that mean 

NOT FLIGHT OUT is NEEDED ON VISA EXEMPTION ARRIVAL AT BKK AIRPORT as well....

So all needed is valid passport and  vaccination certificate .,..??

the hotel adress i guess is another <deleted> not really importnt is it and i can just fill whatever ....but since there is no TM6 ..THIS is not needed either right.....

thanks in advance for responses!!

• Confused 1

Sorry i seem to be mixing thai pass and TM6.   .....yet i read it somewhere tm6 was taken off due to congestion of people going in through ...

That means not plane out needed...

Im reading here there seem to be some dummie web providing sort of fake tickets .,butbif its not really needed rather skip that part....right ...

Cheese!

15 hours ago, panglo55 said:

Sorry i seem to be mixing thai pass and TM6.   .....yet i read it somewhere tm6 was taken off due to congestion of people going in through ...

That means not plane out needed...

Im reading here there seem to be some dummie web providing sort of fake tickets .,butbif its not really needed rather skip that part....right ...

Cheese!

Immigration is very unlikely to require an onward ticket, they can but seldom do.

However that is not your problem.

The airline you fly, specially from the Indian subcontinent, is very likely to refuse boarding without either a visa or an onward ticket.

In other words to fly visa exempt you almost certainly need and onward ticket. 

Surely they know many country passport holders do not require visa .... Its their job to know it if they cover certain itineraries like the airline im flying with spiceyet...

Reg onward ticket i guess ill have to get one.....

It looks funny how this site mentioned here in many threads/posts even on its name itself apeals to cheating .....

How on earth cant autorities not be in the know regarding this "shortcut" bussiness going on .,..

Read in trst pilot web about it.…... some dude got caught entering indonesia with dummie ticket...customs checked flight number ...non existant ...

Like i said above this rule about onward tickets its muppets job ....nobody really cares when you are really a genuine  tourist/traveller..,...,back in the days when i spent around almost 8 years travelling around ..in SE asia and central america ....rule was allready in most countries arrival Do's ...but was never really looked into .....

Thnks for responses !

• Confused 1

I flew from Calcutta to Bangkok yesterday and got the 30 days on arrival. I went through the effort of getting a flight ticket out and no one asked for it.

I would suggest if you do get a ticket out to get it through expedia.com (ONLY the US site) as they apparently have some rule in the US that you must be offered cancellation within 24 hours and no fee or penalty.

I tried one of the onward flight options and they got my nationality and gender wrong, and spelt my name wrong. They did fix it after I complained but the ticket is not a normal ticket it is a travel agents placeholder, so after reading suggestions online I decided to try Expedia. Please note that not all flights on Expedia have the cancellation option, it is only the major airlines. I booked my ticket with Thai but cancellation was not offered with Airasia.

After arrival in Bangkok I got online and cancelled the flight, and as far as I can see the refund is pending but has not arrived in my bank yet. I did get an email from Expedia confirming the cancellation and refund.

I agree with what you said re getting a Thai tourist visa in India, it is not worth the hassle.

On arrival in Thailand the Immigration Officer looked at my passport and my full years worth of covid extensions in 2021, burst out laughing, smiled and said welcome back.

It was nice to see that tourists are being welcomed in Thailand again.

Regarding the TM6, no one asked for any sort of info, it was just look at my passport and stamp.

On the Indian end they seem mainly concerned with (and very confused by) the covid rules, but as long as you have a vax certificate or negative PCR it'll be fine, albeit with a dose of Indian chaos.