Visa run at Mae Sot

Sorry all for the above post! First time posting and probably wth a redundant question . Is the friendship bridge at Mae Sot open for a walk over visa run to Myanmar. I'm arriving visa exempt with a return flight after 58 days. Just trying to extend my stay with a land crossing since I have acquaintances in Tak and really enjoy the drive through the mountains.  Thanks in advance. 

All the land borders with Burma have been closed for more than two and a half years.

Why not just go to the immigration office and get a 30-day extension for 1900 baht off your 30-day entry stamp

Or if you're hell bent going on a board of bounce slogan up to Chiang Rai province and bounce out at the Thailand/Lao border crossing of Chiang Khong. You need to buy a Lao visa to stamp in and out of the country for $40 but that is the closest land border that's open to Chiang Mai

Slightly off topic but still relevant to the OP:

I noticed the op stated this:

” I'm arriving visa exempt with a return flight after 58 days. 

is this okay ?, would it not be safer to have the return flight for < 30 days and change the flight date just before the visa run ?

Edited by Andrew Dwyer

Sorry to enter this thread a bit off topic still related......

....i read OP is coming with visa exempt and return flight after 58 days.....

Can this be done .... Airline you fly with alllows you more than 30 days flight out supousing they know you get those 30 days but maybe not so knowledgeable about posible extensions...perhaps its silly question but im about to get a ticket out ...

Thanks!!

13 hours ago, Shwaman said:

the Thai embassy in Ottawa suggested the only restrictions  were with Cambodia .

With respect and for reference: 

There are no restrictions to enter Cambodia by air, sea or land. Many tourists/visitors are now entering the Kingdom.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

3 hours ago, panglo55 said:

Sorry to enter this thread a bit off topic still related......

....i read OP is coming with visa exempt and return flight after 58 days.....

Can this be done .... Airline you fly with alllows you more than 30 days flight out supousing they know you get those 30 days but maybe not so knowledgeable about posible extensions...perhaps its silly question but im about to get a ticket out ...

Thanks!!

I have one time entering Thailand like that and my return  flight was close those days. But that was about 6 years ago. And airline company was Turkish Airlines. Hole flight was from Helsinki via Istambul to Bangkok

Edited by 2 is 1

1st; I doubt you will get on a flight to Thailand without a return or onward ticket if you're going for the 30 day visa exempt
get a 60 day tourist visa

Cambodian land borders open , visa $35
Laos land borders open, visa $40
Malaysian land borders open, No visa needed
Burma land borders CLOSED

Edited by zzzzz

15 hours ago, Shwaman said:

Thanks Brit Tim. I anticipated that even though the Thai embassy in Ottawa suggested the only restrictions  were with Cambodia . Didn't sound right. Seems 1900 baht is definitely the way to go.

There is political turmoil, insurgents, terrorists and bombings in Burma.

Mae sot is closed indefinitely. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-55902070

https://japan-forward.com/editorial-turmoil-continues-in-myanmar-in-case-we-have-forgotten/

Thanks all for your input. Always assumed the 30 day 1900 baht extension  would keep the 58 day return flight within required travel requirements.  For 7 years prior to covid I always enjoyed the mountain drive through Mae Ramat to Mae Sot. I guess not this time.

Thanks again. Cheers. 

Hi guys,
Sorry to hijack this post but I'll do a border run to Chiang Kong this Tues/Wed.
First if anyone wants to come let me know I have my own car and I'm also open to exploring something on the way or even staying overnight in Laos / CR or Phayao. 
But my question is what are the current requirements regarding Covid ? I'm not vaxxed and not sure if I need to do a PCR/ ATK ? if so from a hospital / from anywhere ? Can I pass the border by car or is it easier to park at the border and go on foot ?
Thanks 

21 hours ago, LiamSiam said:

Hi guys,
Sorry to hijack this post but I'll do a border run to Chiang Kong this Tues/Wed.
First if anyone wants to come let me know I have my own car and I'm also open to exploring something on the way or even staying overnight in Laos / CR or Phayao. 
But my question is what are the current requirements regarding Covid ? I'm not vaxxed and not sure if I need to do a PCR/ ATK ? if so from a hospital / from anywhere ? Can I pass the border by car or is it easier to park at the border and go on foot ?
Thanks 

Should see notice on homepage on covid stuff....

https://laoevisa.gov.la/index

Exchange to $40 in advance for visa, make sure no tears on bills...fussy at times on money condition when paying the visa cost.

Edited by freedomnow