Hi,

I have a visa based upon marriage that will end on 29 August. I will divorce soon and not in good term with my wife anymore. She agreed to give me full custody of my daughter.

The agency that got my work permit said that I can't get a visa as a thai father because I need 12 months salary and I can't get a business visa as the company hiring me has a capital of 1 million bahts only.

I can't renew has husband as I just got my work permit too and can't show my other month salaries.

Only way I see would be savanakhet before to divorce. Do I need my wife for this? Any other alternative? Arrangement with officer?

3 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

Any other alternative?

You can change your extension of stay to "Take care of Thai child"

Requires 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account or Thai Work Permit with a monthly salary of 40k baht

• Like 1

2.18 In the case of being a family member of a Thai national (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouse’s children): Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year.

1) The alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM). (2) The alien must have proof of relationship.

5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must maintain an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of no less than Baht 400,000 to cover expenses for one year

Family member of a Thai National, Criteria for Consideration -

1) Applicant must have been granted a non-immigrant visa 

2) Having proof of relationship with the Thai child

3) Having evidences of nationality of the Thai child

Documents to be submitted-

1) Application Form for extension of temporary stay (TM.7) attached with one photo of applicant

2) Copy of passport first page with photo and copy last stamp, first visa, last visa, departure card (TM 6), evidence of report address, evidence of report 90 days

3) Evidence of relationship

Work permit of Foreign Father with 

– Letter from his employer verified employment and salary in details. (monthly salary must not be less than 40,000 baht)

– Evidences of payment of annual income tax with receipt (Por Ngor Dor 1 of latest 3 months and Por Ngor Dor 91 of the past year)

– Certificate of company registration and the list of shareholders of the company (Bor Or Jor 5), the original version (not more than 6 months)

In the case of having money in the bank account (Fix/ Saving Deposit) of any bank located in Thailand-

– Letter from the bank certified the account in the bank of not less than 400,000 baht

– Copy of bank book showing money in the account of not less than 400,000 baht which has been deposit and already held of such amount for the past 2 months until the date of application submission.

In the case of Foreign Father having any other income (not working in Thailand) such as pension, social welfare etc.

– Letter from the applicant’s Embassy in Bangkok verified his monthly pension or other income not less than 40,000 baht

Any other relevant documents such as Copy of House lease agreement, Identification and household registration of owner with certified signature

Family photos of applicant with Thai child/children (all 4 photos) (2 photos taken in front of a house number, 2 photos taken in a house),  Location Map

Application fee is 1,900 Baht

Applicant Alien and Thai child must contact in person for an interview.

2 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

So they are right, I would need 1 year salary.

They just told me that they could increase my company capital and charge me 35 000 bahts with 100% garanty to get business visa

Does your Embassy issue income letter?

Letter from his employer verified employment and salary in details. (monthly salary must not be less than 40,000 baht)

So it doesn't specify how many months? As I just got my work permit I can't show any other salaries. My contract is 70 000 per month. Maybe I should go to discuss with an officer with my new thai girlfriend to translate and see if we can make an arrangement. The 35 000 of the agency seems excessive

2 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

Letter from his employer verified employment and salary in details. (monthly salary must not be less than 40,000 baht)

So it doesn't specify how many months? As I just got my work permit I can't show any other salaries. My contract is 70 000 per month. Maybe I should go to discuss with an officer with my new thai girlfriend to translate and see if we can make an arrangement. The 35 000 of the agency seems excessive

Evidences of payment of monthly income tax with receipt Por Ngor Dor 1 of latest 3 months 

• Like 1

I think your best bet (if you cannot borrow 400,000 baht) is the multiple entry Non O from Savannakhet. Your wife does not need to go with you, but you need your marriage certificate, along with signed copies of that and your wife's id card. If your wife is unwilling to provide any assistance at all, usually a 5,000 baht to 10,000 baht offer will change their mind.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lolothai said:

So I can do this very soon and divorce just after, and with this visa and my work permit I can work?

Can I do this without the help of my future ex wife? At savannakhet?

Yes, you can ... as long, as I wrote above, you can get your wife's signature on the required document copies before going to Savannakhet.

My company told me they can raise the capital to 2 millions bahts in one week.

So I started to contact many visa agencies and it seems it's difficult to switch from Non O to Business visa.

The agency who helped for the work permit is asking 35 000 even if my company has the 2 millions required.

Another agency asked me to bring all document from my marriage and renew for one year even if I don't have the 400 000 or enough month salaries... they charge 25 000 for this and they say I can't switch to business visa, I have to extend with marriage first.

I'm a bit lost with all these information...

If they denied my non O visa at savannakhet can I come back to Thailand and accept the business visa at 35 000 from my agency. Could I get stuck in Laos? If they denied it is my non O up to 29 still valid? What are the requirements for marriage non O? Do all the documents have to be signed by my wife?

12 hours ago, Lolothai said:

If they denied my non O visa at savannakhet can I come back to Thailand and accept the business visa at 35 000 from my agency. Could I get stuck in Laos? If they denied it is my non O up to 29 still valid? What are the requirements for marriage non O? Do all the documents have to be signed by my wife?

It is very unlikely you non-o visa would be denied. You would not be denied entry to the country and could enter visa exempt to get 30 days.

If you are on extension of stay with a re-entry permit you could use it to enter the country but the consulate could refuse your application since it is equal to having a valid visa in your passport.

You wife would need to sign a copy of her ID card and house book registry. They could want a copy of your marriage certificate be signed by her as well.

See: https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/non-immigrant-visa-o-visiting-family-member-of-a-thai-nationality-a-sp?page=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453e&menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b4004569