Sending money overseas.

Hi all  ????   I'm contemplating sending a relatively large sum of money overseas. Bank transfer. Any first hand info on problems I might encounter ?

Thanks in advance.  Cheers.....    Mal.

Depends on how you go about it. When I walk into a bank to do this, it requires loads of documents. When I do this with my K-Plus mobile app, it is so easy it is mind boggling. If you are walking into the bank, make sure you have your passport, bank book, and all of the details of the receiving party - Bank name, SWIFT ID, bank address, account number, and account name.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

How large? bank may ask you to prove the money originally came from abroad 

About 1 million Baht. Could do it in a few smaller amounts if needed. Money is in BKK bank. I have K-Plus. Could transfer from BKK to K bank if that's an option. What's your thoughts ?   Thanks.

3 hours ago, malt25 said:

About 1 million Baht. Could do it in a few smaller amounts if needed. Money is in BKK bank. I have K-Plus. Could transfer from BKK to K bank if that's an option. What's your thoughts ?   Thanks.

That amount may be fine, or if an issue just transfer in smaller amounts. Can try BB app first, then Kasikorn if necessary. The other option is using Deemoney for a better rate

• Like 1