Health insurance for a Thai Visa or extension

I've read in this forum of people claiming to have a health insurance for under 20k/Bath a year (eventually with a very high deductible).
And many others claiming to have found the holy grail.

I am due shortly for a Visa (Non-O) extension, and the health insurance has become an addition to the list of documents to have.

Cutting talks short, I would like to know from members of ThaiVisa who have a health insurance that meets the conditions of Immigration how much they pay (monthly/yearly) and which Insurance company they use.

For the health insurance brokers who will be reading this thread:
1. I am NOT INTERESTED in phone calls!!!!
2. If you want to sell me your health insurance, send me your quotation here or by PM and I will consider it.
3. I am 68 years old and have/had the usual health conditions for that age (Diabetes 2; High blood pressure; Little bit overweight; PaceMaker; etc.).

TIA

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Health insurance is only needed if extending a entry from a Non-OA visa.

Not needed if extending a non-o visa entry.

If applying for a non-o visa at most embassies or official consulates you would need 90 days of medical insurance.

What is the difference of a "Health Insurance" and a "Medical Insurance"?

I have a NON-O Visa,
If I leave Thailand tomorrow and come back after a week or so, I don't need to show a health/medical insurance?

Confused

4 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I have a NON-O Visa,
If I leave Thailand tomorrow and come back after a week or so, I don't need to show a health/medical insurance?

No insurance required 

Edited by DrJack54

8 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I have a NON-O Visa,

Confused

Correct

22 minutes ago, Confuscious said:
4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If applying for a non-o visa at most embassies or official consulates you would need 90 days of medical insurance.

Health insurance referred to above would be full cover for all health issues, whereas I believe the 90 day Medical insurance would be more in keeping with  limited travel insurance (e.g. accident cover).

I'm ready to be corrected, as I often am.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

When I went for an extension of my existing NON-O Visa (Korat immigration) I asked for a Reentry Permit as I would need to leave Thailand at the end of this year.

The answer from the Immigration Officer was that as long as I stay in Thailand, I would not need a Health/Medical insurance.

But if I would leave Thailand, on reentering the country I would be asked at the airport immigration to show proof of health/medical insurance.

Regarding health insurance.  I have Blue Cross, Blue Shield (BCBS), Federal Employees Health Insurance (retired U.S.A. govermenment employee), that covers me in all countries, includeing Thailand. 

Is this insurace acceptable for long term stay, e.g. 3 to 12 month stay?  It was acceptable with the appropriate letter specifying covid coverage. 

If it is acceptable, would I need a letter from BCBS specifying what kind and how much coverage?   With the covid letter, there was no coverage limit.  

9 hours ago, radiochaser said:

Regarding health insurance.  I have Blue Cross, Blue Shield (BCBS), Federal Employees Health Insurance (retired U.S.A. govermenment employee), that covers me in all countries, includeing Thailand. 
Is this insurace acceptable for long term stay, e.g. 3 to 12 month stay?  It was acceptable with the appropriate letter specifying covid coverage. 

It will be accepted to a apply for a Non-OA visa application done at a Thai embassy or official consulate.

It may be accept for a extension of a Non-OA entry done at immigration after September 1st. Still no clarification or a order from immigration yet.

9 hours ago, radiochaser said:

If it is acceptable, would I need a letter from BCBS specifying what kind and how much coverage?   With the covid letter, there was no coverage limit.  

You would need this certificate signed by the insurance company. 

https://longstay.tgia.org/document/foreign_insurance_certificate.pdf

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It will be accepted to a apply for a Non-OA visa application done at a Thai embassy or official consulate.

It may be accept for a extension of a Non-OA entry done at immigration after September 1st. Still no clarification or a order from immigration yet.

You would need this certificate signed by the insurance company. 

https://longstay.tgia.org/document/foreign_insurance_certificate.pdf

Thank you.   That asks for covid  information that was provided in a letter from BCBS  last year when we went to Thailand.  I can contact BCBS and send them that form.  

BCBS Federal Employees Plan would also cover me for any other medical illness, the same coverage given to U.S. Embassy employees that have the plan and work in Thailand. 

Edited by radiochaser