Tall Woman In Thailand

lane99

As we know, in the West, "tallness" is, on average, considered desirable and attractive in a woman. And all the supermodels are pretty tall.

How about in Thailand? Is tallness considered beautiful?

I ask because I met a 5ft 8in Thai girl and (you'll have to take my word for it) she is nothing short (no pun intended...ok, i admit, it WAS intended) of stunningly beautiful. And I was surprised that she not only didn't have a boyfriend, but she didn't have 100 guys waiting in line for her. She said that most Western guys she meets have an interest in her, but not many Thai guys seem to. She said Thai guys don't like tall woman.

Is that true? My theory is that they LIKE them, but maybe you don't feel confident enough to pursue them. But, that's just a theory. Anyone know the scoop on this?

Depends on what they look like, naturally.

In all seriousness though, Western guys' definition of "beautiful" in the regards to Thai ladies often differs greatly than that of Thai guys'.

Good thing really, so we don't step on one another's toes, and no accusation of you stealing all our women, etc.

Edited by Torv

Tall women look too much like ladyboys from a distance or at night.

It puts a lot of Thai men off.

It's not the only reason, but it certainly contributes.

your post is phuking Funny..

I thought i were a tall gal 169 cm.(6.7") No I am not the tall one. Many girls in Hiso University as Chula(i studied there) taller than me

However,It is about genetic !!

I am 169 cm .

My sister (a chemist) 168cm.

My other cousins..

A dentist student girl = 165 (CMU)

A law student = 166 (Chula)

A Business student = 165(Thamasat)

An Engineer worker(mom's site)=167

FYI , no girl wants to be a midget. I love my long legs anyway!!

Tall women look too much like ladyboys from a distance or at night.

It puts a lot of Thai men off.

It's not the only reason, but it certainly contributes.

your post is phuking Funny..

I thought i were a tall gal 169 cm.(6.7") No I am not the tall one. Many girls in Hiso University as Chula(i studied there) taller than me

However,It is about genetic !!

I am 169 cm .

My sister (a chemist) 168cm.

My other cousins..

A dentist student girl = 165 (CMU)

A law student = 166 (Chula)

A Business student = 165(Thamasat)

An Engineer worker(mom's site)=167

FYI , no girl wants to be a midget. I love my long legs anyway!!

you are 5'6.5" (five feet, six and a half inches) so you are tall in thai standards. i like tall and thin women but i like petite more not more than 5'3" 'coz they look young but that's just me...

As we know, in the West, "tallness" is, on average, considered desirable and attractive in a woman. And all the supermodels are pretty tall.

How about in Thailand? Is tallness considered beautiful?

I ask because I met a 5ft 8in Thai girl and (you'll have to take my word for it) she is nothing short (no pun intended...ok, i admit, it WAS intended) of stunningly beautiful. And I was surprised that she not only didn't have a boyfriend, but she didn't have 100 guys waiting in line for her. She said that most Western guys she meets have an interest in her, but not many Thai guys seem to. She said Thai guys don't like tall woman.

Is that true? My theory is that they LIKE them, but maybe you don't feel confident enough to pursue them. But, that's just a theory. Anyone know the scoop on this?

My experience ( which could be wrong ?) is that generally speaking, most women prefer men taller than themselves and most men prefer women shorter than themselves. If this is the case, then one could easily understand why the 5'8" Thai girl felt that Thai guys do not like tall women since many Thai guys are fairly short. Tall girls have less of a range of men to choose from if they want someone taller.

As a sidenote, the minimum height for showgirls in Las Vegas is 5'10" however their average height is closer to 6'. I guess bigger is better when it comes to stage shows. Ya gotta love those long legs that go all the way up !!! :o

On a personal level, I am 6'4" and I prefer girls 5'3" to 5'8" for some unknown reason. Too tall or too short is a bit of a turnoff for me but as they say it is different strokes for different folks. What is sexy to me and more important than height is that they are slender with nice legs, and a little butt. I also tend to prefer Asian woman probably due to the fact that so many of them have that body type that I find so attractive.

Edited by jetjock

Young people in Thailand seem to be getting much taller. When I first started coming to Thailand I seemed to tower over everybody with my 172 cm/5'7" (modest height in the west). Now I've been noticing many teenagers and 20-somethings -both boys and girls - much taller than me. And also many Thai young people seem to be more solidly built than they used to be. I don't mean the overweight ones, which are increasing in number as well, of course.

If you have a look at the height of this years miss Thailand universe contestants especially the finalist you will see that they where all high, that should indicate that Thai's actually do find tall girls attractive.

But as mentioned in a UK survey some odd years ago, tall girls were considered attractive but short girls was ultimately prefered when choosing a wife...go figure.... :o

Edited by Fun2Fun

"I ask because I met a 5ft 8in Thai girl and (you'll have to take my word for it) she is nothing short (no pun intended...ok, i admit, it WAS intended) of stunningly beautiful. And I was surprised that she not only didn't have a boyfriend, but she didn't have 100 guys waiting in line for her. She said that most Western guys she meets have an interest in her, but not many Thai guys seem to. She said Thai guys don't like tall woman."

Consider the absolute remotest possibility that she's trying to remove money from your wallet...and she's lying to you about...everything.

They are considered attractive but the guys don't want to feel inferior by walking around with them, making them feel small. They'd rather buy a Toyota Vigo and feel like a man.

The size of a man's member is directly proportional to the height of his wife and inversely proportional to the height of vehicle. :o

BTW - my wife iscm is 170cm and my car 100cm.

Edited by Neeranam

When I was working here, the Thai engineers and I would usually go out once a week. I prefer the smaller dark skinned girls. The Thai guys would make fun of me for liking the ugly girls. They ALWAYS picked the tall VERY white skinned girls even if they were ugly.

When I was working here, the Thai engineers and I would usually go out once a week. I prefer the smaller dark skinned girls. The Thai guys would make fun of me for liking the ugly girls. They ALWAYS picked the tall VERY white skinned girls even if they were ugly.

BINGO!

Preferences are quite different.

Consider the absolute remotest possibility that she's trying to remove money from your wallet...and she's lying to you about...everything.

Haha, backflip. I hope everyone catches that VERY subtle "about...EVERYTHING" remark. She did tell me some people sometimes asked about that. But these would be people who don't have a good eye for such things. This girl has such delicate and fine features and bone structure that it's inconceivable to me that her admittedly somewhat larger than average hands are anything but a coincidence :o And, by the way, she's from a fairly well off family (I've her home and her family on the webcam). So if she's lying about the "not many men interested in her" bit, it's just out of modesty.

But, actually, I'm inclined to belief what our other friend said here. Thai men might actually like tall woman, but maybe they don't have the confidence to pursue them.

And I'm keeping the size of my car to myself.

Edited by lane99

It is a fact that most short men don't like to have taller girlfriends, but I am confused always, when I am in the presence of asian men, they always get excited when seeing a tall western woman. Even if I think she's butt-ugly... if she's tall and has fair skin, their mood is set!

I can't speak for all Thai men, but my BF was about 5'5" or 5'6", I'm 5'8". I also like to wear high heels when I go out, which takes me to about 5'11". He never had a problem with it, at all. We never talked about our height difference, but I think he liked it.

GF is 1.77 m tall.I can assure you she has a lot of success with farangs (the ones that do not think she is katoy :D ) and thais

Thai men have not a lot of success with her .She likes people taller than her :o

A long time ago when I did some fashion photography, I was fairly successful as a model scout.:D Many of the girls and guys I recommended to agencies found reputable work in the industry. So I understand what is considered beautiful by international and media standards. This however was never my concept of beauty and I always found that 5 foot 5, 165 cm and under was more to my taste. I think tall women can be extremely elegant, but they have trouble being cute. I think I am a sucker for cute.

Anyhow, I am married to cute 157 cm lady and I am more than happy with that, because she is not only cute she is sweet too.

What I have seen in Thailand is they too accept international standards for models and spokes persons, but like every where else, love is blind, good thing for me. :o

BTW Thailand has an enormous pool of potential models; I imagine it is very difficult to find work here in this field.